Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Coaching?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Coaching?

Lads I dunno whether this is right forum to post, but I'm looking into doing coaching courses with the aim of gaining a UEFA A Licence coaching badge.

Has anyone tried or know anyone who has gone on these coaching courses? I've checked up with the FAI and all the details are there but I'd like to hear from people who might have completed one or two of them.
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Where do you get the info for the FAI course? I looked on their website but couldn't find anything. I know you can do FA courses where you would start by doing FA Level 1, FA Level 2 then UEFA B, UEFA A.

http://falearning.thefa.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogman.
    Lads I dunno whether this is right forum to post, but I'm looking into doing coaching courses with the aim of gaining a UEFA A Licence coaching badge.

Has anyone tried or know anyone who has gone on these coaching courses? I've checked up with the FAI and all the details are there but I'd like to hear from people who might have completed one or two of them.
    We have run some Kick Start (Level 1) courses at Monaghan United with the help of Tom Mohan (regional development officer and all round nice guy!) and they have been praised as a basic course. Also quite a few people I know have moved on up the ladder of coaching courses and find them very good. I think the FAI have really improved them lately from the feedback I have heard and I would say go for it Drogman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmandmythdledge
    Where do you get the info for the FAI course? I looked on their website but couldn't find anything. I know you can do FA courses where you would start by doing FA Level 1, FA Level 2 then UEFA B, UEFA A.

http://falearning.thefa.com
    If you go to, www.fai.ie and then Click Development, then Education unit and then Coach Education. You'll find the details there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme
    We have run some Kick Start (Level 1) courses at Monaghan United with the help of Tom Mohan (regional development officer and all round nice guy!) and they have been praised as a basic course. Also quite a few people I know have moved on up the ladder of coaching courses and find them very good. I think the FAI have really improved them lately from the feedback I have heard and I would say go for it Drogman!
    Yeah I defo want to do it seeing as messed up my chances of trying to be a player I may as well try to be a coach. If that doesn't work I could try refereeing

Yeah the FAI doc on it seems to be pretty good and forward thinking. One thing I will say is that it is expensive to do though!

Does anyone know lets say in the future after gaining the qualifications, is there any place where I could use them, say "soccer schools" that type of thing. I mean I'd do it for the love of the game, but I also have a few bills to pay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    There are always jobs available....mostly volunteer tho unfortunately! You could start coaching in schools in your area and getting paid to do that on a day by day basis as part of their PE class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah I defo want to do it seeing as messed up my chances of trying to be a player I may as well try to be a coach. If that doesn't work I could try refereeing

Yeah the FAI doc on it seems to be pretty good and forward thinking. One thing I will say is that it is expensive to do though!

Does anyone know lets say in the future after gaining the qualifications, is there any place where I could use them, say "soccer schools" that type of thing. I mean I'd do it for the love of the game, but I also have a few bills to pay
    I thinkk a lot of local clubs will employ proffessional coaches from time to time. my club hartstown utd have recently acquired the services of Stephen McGuinness and I must say he's doing a great job although it is costing us a pretty penny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor
    I thinkk a lot of local clubs will employ proffessional coaches from time to time. my club hartstown utd have recently acquired the services of Stephen McGuinness and I must say he's doing a great job although it is costing us a pretty penny
    Yeah I was thinking that myself. The other option is to get experience by volunteering and then going away to other countries and see what they've got.

I eventually want to go and move to France so having a UEFA coaching badge would be handy if I ever was lucky enough to see something available over there or anywhere for that matter.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    You might get something out of this thread http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?t=33115

There are of couple of other threads in Kids soccer about Coaching if you want to check them out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stan Is that you?
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    No he's from Dundalk...

Yeah, I've thought about coaching too. I read the description of the courses on the BBC website for the UEFA courses and some of the evaluations don't seem too cahllenging. Definitely do-able.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry The Saint
    Stan Is that you?
    After last night, I doubt I'd be on this forum anyway