Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: The Time has come

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Unhappy The Time has come

Last night was the last straw for me. The Team were all over the place the 2 full backs were rubbish as were the team as a whole. The goalkeeper cannot keep the ball on the pitch. The morale is gone out of the team there was no spirit or fight left.

I think this will show how strong or weak Barry Walsh and the commitee are they have poured money in to the wages and have not got value for that money. The wage bill has doubled and the players are a lot worse then they were last season.

The Manager made no changes tactically to change things around in the second half to go and at least get a draw. He does not shout from the sideline and seems to not know what the best formation is.

We are second from bottom with a trip to harps next week were we could end up bottom. This is not good enough for a team who were supposed to be contenders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have to agree with you ramblers, I think Hendo is all wrong with his tactics. He says hes playing a 4-3-3 but everyone can see its more like a 4-5-1. If only he could see were the problems are, if he did we would be doing a lot better. Holden, Burke, Carey and Meade are the weak links i think. I really do feel sorry for the commitee for all the money theyve generated for the club and then the team is letting them down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the manager is letting the team down as is the captain who is useless.

time to change things!

last night was embarrasing
    Mar 19 Cobh Ramblers3-2 Limerick
    July 23 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Sept 23 Limerick 0-2 Ramblers
    June 28 Ramblers 2-1 Limerick
    Aug 18 Limerick 0-1 Ramblers
    Oct 21 Ramblers 1-0 Limerick

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    last nite was the worst game i have seen under hendo's management we were all over the place, the players showed no fight and never looked like we were going to win. 4-3-3/4-5-1 isnt workin there is nobody to create and as for the keeper hes the worst ever. Basement battle against harps next week and they have to games in hand.
    Even if hendo does go who do you replace him with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo
    the manager is letting the team down as is the captain who is useless.

time to change things!

last night was embarrasing
    At least ye always have your pretty English port town to take your mind off of things anyway. Isn't it about time you updated the scores at the bottom of your posts to include this season's result Nismo?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    could you please change your name to troll...

i'll see to it your banned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo
    could you please change your name to troll...

i'll see to it your banned.
    Jebus, I think that was a nerve you trod on there boy. The words that spring to mind for me are give it and take it.

On a more serious note though, is there a large anti-Henderson vibe down there? He did well with ye last season, though you start to the season is really surprising. With the new players I thought you'd be up there. Is it too early to ditch the manager? Is there any word on what the players think of Henderson?

Personally I hope your Chairman hangs tough because maybe Hendo is the best Cobh manager Limerick ever had.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Mod :

LFC, you are trolling with comments like you first one. Can you stop it man. Nismo, can you stop saying you're going to get people banned. In the scheme of things, its not a banning offence. Lads ... been sensible will ye.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    On a more serious note though, is there a large anti-Henderson vibe down there? He did well with ye last season, though you start to the season is really surprising. With the new players I thought you'd be up there. Is it too early to ditch the manager? Is there any word on what the players think of Henderson?
    Okay then - have you never been to Cobh, A Face? They're well used to trolls down there boy. But anyway. The serious question still stands. Are a lot of fans looking for the chop for Henderson or is it a vocal minority?
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think if he does not win the next 2 games against Finn Harps and Rovers It will be the Majority.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Time might have come

Been to a few games this year and i too think time might have come. The team lack shape fight and leadership. Nobody seems willing to step up and want to play football. You can try to blame the midfield but if the backs get the ball and just lump it forward every time as henderson seems to tell them how is that the midfield problem. Also if this is the game plan why have bruts up there to win the high ball! On the subject of replacing him why not try to get dave hill back. He got us to playoffs first year on a shoe string budget and with the current squad would probably do a good job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    our captain is useless! so is the manager!

90% want hendo out,he had a lucky first season and is being shown up now.

he cannot work out any tattics and plays a 4-5-1,why???when we have good strikers??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Smile super blues

cp's the man to pick cobh up from the bottom of the 1th div!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He hasnt been too bad since hes come to us, but he hasnt been starting much games at all hes mostly just had substitute appearances.

Dave Hill as new manager though, u must be joking fan-tastic dave hill might of got us to the play-offs but he never made any effort in bringing young players through and taking a general interest in the setup of the club. At least hendo is willing to give young players a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nismo - I cant believe you call yourself a true supporter when you do nothing but criticise all the time - Obviously judging by your past postings you have a tremendous past record of playing and managing at this level. Your mantelpiece at home must be bursting under the weight of all your medals and trophies.
    Our excellent manager has assembled one of the best squads our club has ever seen. I cannot believe that only after 6 matches that Shamrock Rovers will be given the league trophy this weekend! The last time I looked at the fixtures we had to play right up until the end of November....
    Hopefully Nismo, the loyal supporters, managment and players, will prove you wrong come November!
    U had a smile as big as the harbour on Sat night when the ref blew the final whislte...Oh to have supporters like you!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I agree with Fan- Tastic what people have to remember is Dave Hill was there during a bad spell for the club in terms of the people who were running the club. This has changed and I think Dave would get a lot more support now if he came back.

I am trying to work out who Voda Supports. The Squad of players is by Far the greatest seen. If he is talking about cobh there were definetly better players there a few years back. At the moment we have two many lazy players and we are getting caught out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblers
    I agree with Fan- Tastic what people have to remember is Dave Hill was there during a bad spell for the club in terms of the people who were running the club. This has changed and I think Dave would get a lot more support now if he came back.

I am trying to work out who Voda Supports. The Squad of players is by Far the greatest seen. If he is talking about cobh there were definetly better players there a few years back. At the moment we have two many lazy players and we are getting caught out.
    hes one of these kids that comes on and tries to act lik he knows it all.

Voda ive been following this team since you were in nappys and i can say hendo is by far the worst manager ever and that means yes hes below liam mcmahon on my list!!

i hope he proves me wrong for the sake of the club but something tells me he wont! he has no control over the players and no respect,he couldnt train his own dog to sit down for god sake...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am trying to work out who Voda Supports. The Squad of players is by Far the greatest seen. If he is talking about cobh there were definetly better players there a few years back. At the moment we have two many lazy players and we are getting caught out.[/QUOTE]

Who do u think i SUPPORT of course it is ramblers unlike others who are the same people all the time on knocking everyone. I do believe that Ramblers will turn this round and that Pat Scully did it last year and Hendo will do it this year after all i do think that you don't get luck for almost twenty two or twenty three matches, it just doesn't happen sorry NISMO. There is no need to be making things personal on this Forum about management, and players. One last thing is it just down here or do you think that all the rest of the Managers who have failed to get off to a great start are getting this amount of abuse???????

With regard to D.J. Duffer fair duse to you saying that Hendo looks about bringing young local players into the team then why are they being knocked when they are in.

So best of luck to the lads at the weekend and lets hope that they do it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    personally, i dont think hendo is a good enough manager, he does not have the indepth knowledge needed to provide the team with the basics of football.
    as for dave hill he brought numerous young players through at that time, john meade for one, darren murphy, james cummins, colin falvey, all players playing youths football with cobh ramblers at the time, maybe he didnt look beyond the youths but he did give young paleyrs a chance......
    i do agree that hendo is far from good enough to manage cobh, but when he was appointed at the start i beleived he would eventually be found out, simply because he's a bluffer......bluffers always get found out at the end of the day, thats my opinion.....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I still think hendo should be given a chance to turn things round, we have one of the best squads around. Hendo has given youth a chance its just a few decisions worng when it comes to the tatics like playin pakie holden and darragh burke. Rams are a quick side and need to play with some with instead of trying to get bruts and reilly in with the ball over the top mikey and davin have pace required to play in the wide positions.
    As for Dave hill coming back did the same not happen to him one good season the next bad! We should give him a chance to turn it around.