Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Why We Will Struggle...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why we will struggle

i think the loss of coughlan and colin o'brien will seriously weaken the strenght of the squad and does undermine the impact of signings made by murphy and lennox.

it will be a tough one next year
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I sort of agree with you Dalo but Co'B1 didn't play for most of the season and coughlan from all accounts didn't have his heart in it, also it's a shorter season I think having someone who is fresh to the back four will help us, I still think next year will be better if not for performance then for getting the x back to an intimidating ground. If Gunther can keep his head down well and good if he can't then "I say of with it..."
    I would love if he proved us doubters all wrong and for the sake of CC I say good luck to him. Never mind what position we finished in last year I don't think we could of played any worse so next season has to look bright......... me hopes!!!!
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think some of the younger players introduced in the last couple of seasons may suffer the 3rd season syndrome next year. This would the problem that seems to inflict the 17-18 year who bursts onto the scene but suffers around 20-21.

I don't know if they get bored, start drinking too much or are just slower as not 17 anymore.

I think O'Callaghan may be good enough but be surprised if Andrews even as good as Derek. You don't find too many ball playing defenders in the english 3rd division.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm fairly hopeful about the new season too. The squad needed overhauling, as the team has been going nowhere for the past 2 years. It may take a while for all the new players to gel together, so I wont be too upset if the start of the season is bumpy. Ollie is the only real loss of the players that have gone, and we know that Woodsie will more or less make up for him. So, it shouldnt be hard to see an overall improvement in the team.

Having said all that, the new players might be crap, and we could end up in trouble. I dont think this will be the case though.

I would settle for no trophies next year, if at the end of the season we could say that the team is playing good football and there is a good atmosphere at the cross (and we are still in the premier division)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    to be honest I am well fed up of us not winning anything. as I say we will see what kind of ambition and drive now exists within the club. i reckon gunther could be on his last chance.
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    hey Gunther getting the sack if things don't get better, does that count as a trophy?????
    might even get into Europe with it!!!
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by dalo
    i reckon gunther could be on his last chance.
    about bloody time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by dalo
    to be honest I am well fed up of us not winning anything.
    Thats exactly how I feel, its been 4 years since we won the cup and nearly as long since the league cup. Im sick of people saying "Cork City.....sure their useless". We need trophies to attract the fair weather supporters. With Derek and Ollie gone im not too optimistic for the new season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The squad that was there needed to be changed but no club can change personel over night, enough to make a difference. Look at the squad we are starting this season with and look at the squad we had three/ four years ago. Is very different.