Thanked in
    39 Posts

Liverpool v Man Utd

discuss...............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    best team won, match was poor again (three poor matches between the two this season with only two headed goals from set pieces to show).

united midfield seemed no existant.

the liverpool fans need to hang their head in shame for their chants at the end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinR
    #
    Elaborate ?

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Yes the fans who chanted at Smith at the end should hang their heads in shame though lets praise the ones that clapped him off as well. Walking back down breack road after the game i got a text off a mate of mine who's a Man U fan STH and was at the game himself anyway he was saying sorry for the Hillsboro chants i didn't hear them myself but again shows that both clubs have decent fans but i suppose it's always easier to point out the bad incidents created by the minority.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B
    Yes the fans who chanted at Smith at the end should hang their heads in shame though lets praise the ones that clapped him off as well. Walking back down breack road after the game i got a text off a mate of mine who's a Man U fan STH and was at the game himself anyway he was saying sorry for the Hillsboro chants i didn't hear them myself but again shows that both clubs have decent fans but i suppose it's always easier to point out the bad incidents created by the minority.
    yes, sorry should have made it clear that it was aimed at those who chanted. the match reports from some newspapers also mention the munich and hillsborough chants (but you could not hear those ones- the smith one was loud and clear).

but, it should also be noted there was generous applause from a large section of the home fans as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Minority or not I dont think its acceptable and hope the club take action

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor
    Minority or not I dont think its acceptable and hope the club take action
    Fupp him!! Seriously I can't for the life of me understand this sudden massive outpouring of sympathy for rat boy Smith. The fact that he has suffered a nasty injury doesn't make him any less of a toe rag who was rather fond of the leg breaking challenge himself in his day.

Once again, Fupp Alan Smith

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    You'll always get idiots who give a club a bad name by showing their ignorance. Have to agree with Lim till i die though, he's hardly the nicest player when on the pitch is he?
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die
    Fupp him!! Seriously I can't for the life of me understand this sudden massive outpouring of sympathy for rat boy Smith. The fact that he has suffered a nasty injury doesn't make him any less of a toe rag who was rather fond of the leg breaking challenge himself in his day.

Who has he injured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colster
    Who has he injured.
    He may not have injured anyone, but has looked like he was trying to on a few occasions.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey
    He may not have injured anyone, but has looked like he was trying to on a few occasions.
    So according to some he deserves his potentially career threatening injury because at times he looks like he was trying to injure someone but never has.
    Get a life.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die

I see you've left your disgracefully tasteless remarks about Smith on 2 threads now. Has he wronged you personally or something? I have to question the character of someone who is glad at someones horrific misfortune just because they don't like the way he conducts himself on a footbal pitch, which by the way I've never had a problem with. You're trying to brand him as some sort of criminal.

I rarely resort to name calling but as someone has already pointed out on the other thread you are indeed a moron.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Does no one want to discuss how superior liverpool were to manu on saturday?
    Out played and put muscled them on every area of the pitch and how stupid fergusons comments on, how liverpool only played for 5 minutes, were.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    best team won, match was poor again (three poor matches between the two this season with only two headed goals from set pieces to show).

united midfield seemed no existant.

Absolutey spot on, but fair play to the fans to clapped him off.

United midfield ? What midfield ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jockser
    and how stupid fergusons comments on, how liverpool only played for 5 minutes, were.
    Ferguson's comments seem to be getting more and more ridiculous. I think he's in some sort of self-denial about how poor his team are.

Lim Till I Die, your comments are disgraceful.
    Last edited by finlma; 20/02/2006 at 3:02 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jockser
    Does no one want to discuss how superior liverpool were to manu on saturday?
    Out played and put muscled them on every area of the pitch and how stupid fergusons comments on, how liverpool only played for 5 minutes, were.
    Liverpool were the better team but you'd have to be worried that even though they outplayed United United were still in with a shout at the end.
    Ferguson was partially right. Liverpool didn't really press home the dominance they had and could have been sucker punched.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colster
    Liverpool were the better team but you'd have to be worried that even though they outplayed United United were still in with a shout at the end.
    Ferguson was partially right. Liverpool didn't really press home the dominance they had and could have been sucker punched.
    Yes i agree here. Liverpool definately are suffering due to the fact they dont kill off teams when dominating. The perfect example is the old trafford game in January. With some quality strikers liverpool will be a real force next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its not really down to the strikers that much. the liverpool style is very similar to what benitez had valencia playing when he won the title with them. it was very much about being tight at the back, controlling midfield, and being very patient about getting a lead. they were reknown for one-nil wins.

liverpool are doing very well at this lately, and whilst their forwards are not setting the goalscoring charts alight, they are contributing to the all-round game-plan for their team, and are not as bad as made out.

of the games i've seen them play this season, the only game were they dropped points they shouldn't have was at old trafford (even then i only thought they deserved a draw - but i was biased )

of the two teams, liverpool are certainly on the ascedency, whilst united still have badly got to improve the midfield. as long as fletcher, o'shea, richardson erva? et al are considered good enough for united, then united wont be good enough to win proper trophies

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    its not really down to the strikers that much. the liverpool style is very similar to what benitez had valencia playing when he won the title with them. it was very much about being tight at the back, controlling midfield, and being very patient about getting a lead. they were reknown for one-nil wins.

liverpool are doing very well at this lately, and whilst their forwards are not setting the goalscoring charts alight, they are contributing to the all-round game-plan for their team, and are not as bad as made out.

of the games i've seen them play this season, the only game were they dropped points they shouldn't have was at old trafford (even then i only thought they deserved a draw - but i was biased )

of the two teams, liverpool are certainly on the ascedency, whilst united still have badly got to improve the midfield. as long as fletcher, o'shea, richardson erva? et al are considered good enough for united, then united wont be good enough to win proper trophies
    Are you allowed post such sense on here? I'd check the rules if I were you, but if allowed I'd agree with you 100%.

Fergie must stay.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It is terrible what has happened to Smith but it happens every week in the lower leagues to some player none of us have ever heard of. Hopefully he will play again though because he is an honest player and no way deserves that kind of misfortune.

With regards to the Liverpool fans they were cheering initially but once they saw the stretcher come out that stopped and virtually the whole of Anfield applauded him off. Would that have happened to a Liverpool player at OT? Doubt it. (Gerrard broke his foot there last season ... I can't recall too many United fans applauding him as he hobbled off)

Fergie said it was the worst injury he had ever seen ... David Busst's injury was worse than that. How could Fergie forget that ???

The game itself was tight. Liverpool controlled it and outmuscled United's smaller and physically weaker midfield. Reina could have sat in the stand he had so little to do (not one shot on target in the whole 90). Ferguson's 'Liverpool only play for five minutes' is interesting - how long did it take him to win the Champions League in 1999?

United on the way down, Liverpool on the way up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast