Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Friendlies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Friendlies

Does anyone think that there should be more friendlies organised between now and the Germany game. I dont think 2 games is enough esp one in August which happens before the season even starts. Does anyone know of any plans for friendlies at the end of the season. I would love an away trip in June or something. Considering we have no friendlies next year either at home we dont have much time to build up a plan outside of competitive games.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    end of season tours are very unpopular with the clubs. should be more freindlies but realisticly in world cup year opportunities are minimal

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    think we are going to be playing spain end of may start of june as a pre world cup game for them ... 3 should be enough .. would rather have the players rested and ready for the germany game ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well Spain is good, is that going to be away or at home. I hope its away to be honest.

Also Wales Northern Ireand both have friendlies then and Scotland are going on a tour to Japan. Thats putting a dent in some of my mates back pocket I can tell you.

I think there is no reason for us not to have a friendly end of May or start of June. And the fact its world Cup year means that there should be more teames looking for a pre world cup game.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    a pre world cup game with limited dates to play them!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    The more time the new management has with the players the better, even if the friendly results aren't that important. It takes time for new ideas to be put across (if indeed we have any!).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    Well Spain is good, is that going to be away or at home. I hope its away to be honest.

Also Wales Northern Ireand both have friendlies then and Scotland are going on a tour to Japan. Thats putting a dent in some of my mates back pocket I can tell you.

I think there is no reason for us not to have a friendly end of May or start of June. And the fact its world Cup year means that there should be more teames looking for a pre world cup game.
    In dublin supposedly ... one of the girls in fai ticket office said they should know for sure next week ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would much rather an away trip to Spain. Somewhere like Valencia in May would be great. Why do they always have fecking home friendlies and then wonder why are away form is not great. They are going to make a killing next year from games in Croke Park so they should have at least 1 away friendly this year.
    In Trap we trust

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    I would much rather an away trip to Spain. Somewhere like Valencia in May would be great. Why do they always have fecking home friendlies and then wonder why are away form is not great. They are going to make a killing next year from games in Croke Park so they should have at least 1 away friendly this year.
    Simply because they can make a good killing on the home friendlies. Away friendlies are the business though and there should be some next year as there is a gap between march and september.

KOH

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    Simply because they can make a good killing on the home friendlies. Away friendlies are the business though and there should be some next year as there is a gap between march and september.

KOH

...again it takes the p!ss out of the fans and the team..we struggle away from home and the fans dont get what they want which is to get away for a friendly. They just rely on us to fork out for every fuppin nation that comes here I think it should be a bigger issue than it is as it severely effects the way we play..

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    On the BBC website, Staunton mentions getting a friendly in in May or so, and another get-together at another stage.

Thank God the US qualified for the World Cup though - could do without another US Cup!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    On the BBC website, Staunton mentions getting a friendly in in May or so, and another get-together at another stage.

Thank God the US qualified for the World Cup though - could do without another US Cup!
    The US Cup ruled. We should have won it last time only for a stupid decision by a Mexican ref.

KOH

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    An away friendly in some eastern eurpoean country would be nice in may, somewhere relatively easy to get to as its going to be an expensive 14 months from September on the road

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    The US Cup ruled.
    I don't know - any competition which has ads during matches wouldnt' be high up on my list!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    I don't know - any competition which has ads during matches wouldnt' be high up on my list!
    Wouldnt take it too seriously it being a friendly and all. Ireland playing in NY is special.

KOH

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    The US Cup ruled. We should have won it last time only for a stupid decision by a Mexican ref.

KOH
    Only one stupid decision? There were a whole series of them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We should try to get as many away games as possible.We play far too many home matches.Were not very convinsing away from home although were not very convinsing at home either