Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clare Cup 2005/06

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=CousinSylDolan]I never mentioned any late goals... We were disappointed with the 2 goals we conceded in the second half... Good finishes they were alright but you could probably be known as Diego after the equaliser...

Tough draw for ye but I expect ye will beat Moher. Then its a trip to Lee's road to meet one of the Premier contenters Lifford or Avenue...

J*sus, thats a tough draw for us alright. Moher, then potentially Ave or Lifford. Still, if you are to win you have to play the best sides at some stage.

For the record, that ball was crossing the line before it made contact with any hands!!! Not much football played, but good encounter all the same I thought. both teams fought hard. Ye couldve had a penalty for handball at the end at it all would have been different!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenGoal
    For the record, that ball was crossing the line before it made contact with any hands!!! Not much football played, but good encounter all the same I thought. both teams fought hard. Ye couldve had a penalty for handball at the end at it all would have been different!
    I would say hands made contact with the ball not the ball made contact with hands... It was a penalty for Bunratty at the end alright but thats the way things have been going for us this season. The ref was at the wrong side and simply did not see it...

Better team on the day overall won and deserved to go through. Here's hoping we will have a few lg games against each other next season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy
    Good finishes they were alright but you could probably be known as Diego after the equaliser

Don't say that, he'll be calling himself diego from now on

Not much from the Newtown contingent on here in the last 2 days... I was surprised to see their center forward out watching the Bunratty/Oly game Sunday when his team was in Corofin playing...
    Cousin, surprised, why be suprised, If it is the same center forward i'm thinking of, it doesn't surprise me at all for him to turn up to the wrong game.[/QUOTE]

must be still drowning their sorrows in the lodge & probally getting slagged by their b team as they won cup match on sunday afternoon .....or hiding from rocksy
    seems he was not at match sunday... doubt he was very impressed
    who was the so called centre forward out at bunratty match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old boy
    Cousin, surprised, why be suprised, If it is the same center forward i'm thinking of, it doesn't surprise me at all for him to turn up to the wrong game.
    must be still drowning their sorrows in the lodge & probally getting slagged by their b team as they won cup match on sunday afternoon .....or hiding from rocksy
    who was the so called centre forward out at bunratty match [/QUOTE]

for your information the A team and all assosiated with them were more than delighted that the B team were victorious last Sunday,sounds to me you are happy Newtown A were beat,
    'I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country.'- Ian Rush

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BallBreaker
    who was the so called centre forward out at bunratty match
    for your information the A team and all assosiated with them were more than delighted that the B team were victorious last Sunday,sounds to me you are happy Newtown A were beat,[/QUOTE]

just passed comment that b team were probally slagging ye off as you all drink in lodge ... never mentioned anywere i was happy or delighted.... but as one of the stronger teams is out of the cup
    i would not be to unhappy

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3rd round

Anyone know when the 3rd round is ment to be played.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cuz, Open goal that was not a penalty at the end. Brian O' connor dived in similar to John Terry but unlike the aformentioned, he did not use his hands. It actually hit him in the chest, he even pulled up his shirt to show some of your lads the mark it made. I was right long side him, and i can honestly say he didnt touch it with his hands. Albert was very close by otherwise he may like many have thought it a penalty.
    However this doesnt take from the fact that it was a poor game and we were lucky to get a win. Our worst performance of the season, and we will have to improve to go any further.
    Ye could have done with the newtown centre forward.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12