Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Suspended Berry resigns from DUP

Suspended Berry resigns from DUP

full article BBC news:

Mr Berry has resigned from the DUP
    DUP assembly member Paul Berry has resigned from the party, the High Court in Belfast has been told.
    Mr Berry has also dropped legal action against the DUP over its decision to suspend him from the party.

A DUP spokesman said the legal action should never have been brought but the result had vindicated its stance.

The Newry and Armagh MLA was suspended after a Sunday newspaper reported an alleged encounter with a masseur in a Belfast hotel.

Mr Berry does not deny meeting a man in the hotel, but strongly contests the nature of the encounter.

While I've a degree of sympathy for his wife and family -this really couldn't have happened to a nicer fellah (or is that nasty piece of work?)

I'm not into outing politicians or linching them for their private morality but this is a guy who's put bread on his table ministering a church and representing a party that make life difficult for Gay people at pretty much every turn.
    Last edited by Lionel Ritchie; 10/02/2006 at 1:53 PM.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Hear, hear. The hypocrisy is miles worse than any act could ever be.

After the stunning bye-election victory for the Lib Dems in Dunfermline last night, the theory is that - whilst the Tories historically got roasted at the polls for their sleaze - the Lib Dems haven't seen any negative impact from their recent 'outings' for the simple fact that the party doesn't try to moralise to the electorate on how they should behave in their personal lives.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    About the DUP guy who resigned.. one question?
    Why is he being hung out to dry when other colleagues of his had clouds ( KINCORA) hanging over their heads and managed to weather the storm?

Interesting.....