Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Series 2 Official thread

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lost Series 2 Official thread

Lost Series 2 starts on RTE 2 next Monday, best show on TV.

If you can't wait to find out what is in the hatch, I can tell you that it is an electronic polar-bear breeding facility. Spooky or what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy
    best show on TV.
    In your opinion.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lost Series 2 starts on RTE 2 next Monday, best show on TV.

If you can't wait to find out what is in the hatch, I can tell you that it is an electronic polar-bear breeding facility. Spooky or what.
    Firstly if thats true, why would you ruin it for everybody???
    Sitting pretty!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra Red
    Firstly if thats true, why would you ruin it for everybody???
    It's not true, I was only joking, hence the ! Of course I wouldn't spoil it for people. It's not a mechanical polar bear factory don't worry!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's almost finished here in North America and in my opinion it has 'lost' the plot....(excuse the pun). Has become incredibly boring (as has desparate housewives according to the missus!)

Only two shows holding me at the moment are House and the new series of 24 - Jack's back!
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It's not true, I was only joking, hence the ! Of course I wouldn't spoil it for people. It's not a mechanical polar bear factory don't worry!
    Upon further reflection, how dumb was I to believe that???
    Sitting pretty!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    Only two shows holding me at the moment are House and the new series of 24 - Jack's back!
    Watchin' House myself - even though its a bit on the predictable side.

Tried to watch the second series of Lost (after watching the refresher episode) and I have to say, by Christ it bored the sh!te clean out of me.

But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    FFS why do you have to tell people what isn't underground.

I could only watch Lost last year as RTE did double episodes so could record & watch it quickly. I wouldn't have lasted watching on ch4 drawn out so long...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    do what ms dodge did, download about 12 episodes in a row and watch them over a weekend.

Oh and there's 10 more episodes to be aired in the US...

Absolutely no interest in it myself, I'm just waiting for the return of the sopranos
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    do what ms dodge did, download about 12 episodes in a row and watch them over a weekend.

Oh and there's 10 more episodes to be aired in the US...

Absolutely no interest in it myself, I'm just waiting for the return of the sopranos
    No great interest in it myself but I do watch it as the missus like it. The ten or so episodes I've seen in the second series have been bordering on the ridicuolus at times and very drawn out. Seems to be a general feeling among the people I work with that the novelty of it has worn off now.

Saying that, if your a fan you'll probably love it.

Can't wait for the aul Soprano's to start back myself
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No great interest in it myself but I do watch it as the missus like it. The ten or so episodes I've seen in the second series have been bordering on the ridicuolus at times and very drawn out. Seems to be a general feeling among the people I work with that the novelty of it has worn off now.

Saying that, if your a fan you'll probably love it.
    I'm a fan, and I'm really enjoying the second series. I think that the first episode, which will be shown on Monday, is brilliant and the opening sequence is the high-point of the show so far.

I think the form between episodes 3 and 10 has not been great, a lot of character development and building for what will happen in the second half (as the hatch etc plot did in the first) but the last two episodes were top drawer stuff and I think that the rest of the series will be excellent.

I never realised how shambolic the TV scheduling in America is though. The show started in September, but because of breaks taken etc only 12 episodes have been shown so far, and there is another break this week so the next episode won't be until next week. Ridiculous. I'd say that RTE will only be a couple of weeks behind the US by the time that the series ends.
    It's almost finished here in North America and in my opinion it has 'lost' the plot....(excuse the pun). Has become incredibly boring (as has desparate housewives according to the missus!)
    I don't agree that it is boring now at all to be honest. Series is only half way through, 12 shown and 12 more to go. I know the creators said before the series started that it is all building up to what happens in the last 10 episodes of series 2.
    Last edited by ThatGuy; 31/01/2006 at 7:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    seen the first nine episodes of series 2 and i have to say its been mostly great stuff they really keep you hanging on and wanting more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I download it on Thursday's the day after it is shown on ABC and so far i have only seen 12 episodes, which means there should be 10 more episodes before season 2 ends . season 1 lasted for at least 22 episodes, i also think the show is getting better & better.
    Last edited by big p from owc; 06/02/2006 at 3:38 PM.
    "In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life".

GEORGE BEST.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I play football on Monday nights so I'll be missing it. I don't mind too much found the show a bit boring and drawn out. I heard there are more questions than answers from the 2nd series. They'll probably drag the arse out of it and create too many series

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finlma
    They'll probably drag the arse out of it and create too many series
    That's my fear (not in life but in relation to this show!) that what happened the X-Files will happen with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thought lastnights episode was the most far fetched thing I've seen since Den returned to eastenders. still enoyed it though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Watched it last night for the first time.
    Utter rubbish, in my opinion.
    I expect it is so severly drawn out to compensate for the complete lack of genuine drama.

And while I'm at it, if that bird had her spine shattered and was recovering from such extensive surgery, why was she just lying in a normal bed, totally free to move around?

A little bit of advice to that blonde bird in the jungle, if a dog goes away, they'll usually find their own way back. If something in the jungle eats it, it will probably eat you too. Stay in the cave like a good girl.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

who you talkin 'bout

Quote Originally Posted by dancinpants

But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Now thats a show!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i cant get into it , ive watched it a few times it seems badly written badly acted its just bad ... it was ment to be about 6 episodes but because of ratings they have dragged it out into 2 seasons !!!!!!!!!.

not slagging any one who watches it but out of all my mates its the dumber one s that seem to like it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar
    And while I'm at it, if that bird had her spine shattered and was recovering from such extensive surgery, why was she just lying in a normal bed, totally free to move around?
    Yes, because that's the part of that scene that's a bit far-fetched (as opposed to paralysed girl recovers after unsuccessful surgery thanks to miraculous intervention of weird Scottish runner bloke with a fondness for the music of the Mamas and the Papas).

A little bit of advice to that blonde bird in the jungle, if a dog goes away, they'll usually find their own way back. If something in the jungle eats it, it will probably eat you too. Stay in the cave like a good girl.
    Fair point! But you wouldn't get much drama if everyone was sensible and sat around in the caves all day (a plot point well illustrated by the Locke character). I thought this was a nice touch by the writers - she was pretty cut up after her brother died and the kid made a nice gesture by letting her look after his dog to prove she wasn't completely useless. 5 minutes later, she's already lost the dog - BLONDE!

Terrific show, IMO, even if there is a tendency to follow the make-it-up-as-you-go-along approach that 24 also uses. You also have the uncertainty of US TV scheduling where they couldn't tell, at the beginning, how long they'd have to tell the story.

This can lead to uneven episodes/plot arcs but I think (well HOPE!) that there is an overriding idea behind the whole thing and we will, eventually, get answers to the BIG QUESTIONS.
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast