Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Fixtures

The fixtures have us down for Sunday matches. Hopefully that's not the case. No hope of any support with Sky matches and GAA fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    It certianly looks like it....

Can't give out and complain when we self inflict like that, terrible decision IMO. Hopefully im proved wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Think it's been said elsewhere a few times but Friday night is football night. And the consensus on here seems to be the same. Sundays don't work for lots of reasons mainly other sporting occasions. There is no competition really on Friday nights. Who's coming up with this nonsense.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Won't suit me at all Sundays but if it's for the good of the club can understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    If we commit at the beginning of the season to Sunday games, and it doesn't work, out attendance-wise, how difficult is it to cut our losses and go back to Friday mid-season?

Peter (full of confidence in this Sunday game idea!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Terrible decision. I won't be able to go 90% of the time as I work most Sundays and anyone I asked about it said they prefered Fridays so havn't a bulls notion why the club would change that. Not much point in having a season ticket this season so
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    What you see is what you get with the fixtures, i myself might not be able to make it to a lot of games, probably the majority but i might ask for my money back for my season ticket, even though i know the club needs the money. I wonder if what the clubs policy for refunds are, as i know it wont just be myself thinking about it as a lot of the younger lads work or play football on sundays.
    Last edited by Grasshopper 99; 17/02/2010 at 2:21 PM.
    www.braywanderers.ie (Club)
    www.braywanderers.com (supporters club)
    Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in England in January, only more intelligent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper 99 View Post
    What you see is what you get with the fixtures, i myself might not be able to make it to a lot of games, probably the majority but i might ask for my money back for my season ticket, even though i know the club needs the money. I wonder if what the clubs policy for refunds are, as i know it wont just be myself thinking about it as a lot of the younger lads work or play football on sundays.
    If enough people were to complain, maybe the club would realise what a stupid decision it was and change it. It isn't realistically going to result in an increase in gates as most (probably Derry and Shels excluded) probably won't bring any more fans than we'd bring to Sligo or Galway. And we'd get a decent Shels crowd on a Friday night. P!ssed of that the club wouldn't at least ask ythe fans their opinion on this before going through with it
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    maybe get a poll going here, as to should the games be moved back to Friday nights, yes or no, simple
    Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in England in January, only more intelligent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    maybe get a poll going here, as to should the games be moved back to Friday nights, yes or no, simple
    Good idea, think Superfrank should be able to set that up for us if he has time? (Cheers in advance)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray Head View Post
    The fixtures have us down for Sunday matches. Hopefully that's not the case. No hope of any support with Sky matches and GAA fixtures.
    Wicklow League and schoolboy league games on Sundays will take a lot of potential support too, looks like a bad decision alright.
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Sunday afternoons? FFS!

It was tried before and did not work, things are even worse this time around so it will not work as far as trying to attract bigget crowds. Now the only reason why the club must be looking to do this is to save on costs.... which if it is the case then i think we have serious serious problems ahead for the club.

I really feel that as supporters of the club and as the ones to buy season tickets, merchandise and tickets for drawes etc.. the club should listen to us on this one. The club needs to know how we feel. I'll be e-mailing them in the nicest possible manner to air my views on the subject, i think the more people that do this the better - carlisegrounds@eircom.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrayUnknowns View Post
    Sunday afternoons? FFS!

It was tried before and did not work, things are even worse this time around so it will not work as far as trying to attract bigget crowds. Now the only reason why the club must be looking to do this is to save on costs.... which if it is the case then i think we have serious serious problems ahead for the club.

I really feel that as supporters of the club and as the ones to buy season tickets, merchandise and tickets for drawes etc.. the club should listen to us on this one. The club needs to know how we feel. I'll be e-mailing them in the nicest possible manner to air my views on the subject, i think the more people that do this the better - carlisegrounds@eircom.net
    Good idea BrayUnknowns, Maybe if when the poll is set up people can leave a message saying why they voted either for or against so the club can see the reasoning behind how the fans think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrayUnknowns View Post
    Sunday afternoons? FFS!

Bray played for over 20 years in the league with out lights and it did work, until sky came in with therer foreign football being shown live on tv. need a poll and a pedition or something alright, but then again the Great Fai, with thier heads up there asses unable to do anything right might do something right and kick Cork out once and for all, then the fixtures will all be moved back to Friday as the Fai dont want prem matchs played on a sunday, due to live foreign ball on sky and Gaa matchs on rte, so bring on monday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    If they stick to this it will be a complete joke, it will never work, everyone knows we play on a friday, most people do things on sundays with family etc. I will be emailing the club about this issue and as well ask about refunds on season tickets as I will not be able to attend most games... This is possibly the worst idea ever, if we have been so loyal to the club over the last so many years, why cant they be loyal to us as well...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&whitearmy View Post
    If they stick to this it will be a complete joke, it will never work, everyone knows we play on a friday, most people do things on sundays with family etc. I will be emailing the club about this issue and as well ask about refunds on season tickets as I will not be able to attend most games... This is possibly the worst idea ever, if we have been so loyal to the club over the last so many years, why cant they be loyal to us as well...
    Bang on there. Only reason I can think of that the club is trying to implement the change is they are hoping more away fans travel to the games, but why not suit your own fans who support the club rather than away fans who might decide to come on a sunday if the weathers nice. Wouldn't have minded so much if this had have been put to the supporters and the majority liked the idea and before people decided to purchase a season ticket. Its blatently obvious from the above not one person wants it this way. I can see attendances suffering rather than prospering with this decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    press release on bray web site,, fair play jack get the ball rolling...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Bray played for over 20 years in the league with out lights and it did work, until sky came in with therer foreign football being shown live on tv. need a poll and a pedition or something alright, but then again the Great Fai, with thier heads up there asses unable to do anything right might do something right and kick Cork out once and for all, then the fixtures will all be moved back to Friday as the Fai dont want prem matchs played on a sunday, due to live foreign ball on sky and Gaa matchs on rte, so bring on monday.
    Grasshopper we all know that the people at Fcuk All Integrity are going to bend over nicely for Cork, as if they were going to do anything they'd have done something to those cheats long ago. Funny after all the rubbish they spewed about how in the interest of fair play France should have re-played the play-off, that now they have a chance to display an example in fair play and are only showing themselves up to be the hypocrites we knew they were all along

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Decision made, I wont be purchasing a season ticket this year. Its an absolute joke changing to sunday, no point mentioning them again as there all mentioned above but all i can say is thank god i have not bought my season ticket yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bad decision having games on a sunday,most lads i know who support bray down here play for their own clubs on a sunday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast