Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The FAI you made another mess of it thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The FAI you made another mess of it thread

First off best of luck to Stan with the new job but this thread is about letting the FAIlure Association know that they have made another complete fcuk up in seletcing the new manager.

I dont rate stan. he has no experience at the top level and it looks like the FAI are stupidly repeating the same mistake in appointing Kerr. He has no ability to make the tatical switches at key points in the game and we can say good bye to European qualification if he is in charge of it.

Bobby Robson is an old man who isnt the force he once was in football. Its going to be a Dell and rodney routine and it remainds to be seen whether any of the irish players will fully respect Stan and Bob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To be more specific, is this not down to Delaney? He seems to have too much power in Irish football - a witchhunt or coup d'étate is the only thing that would budge him! We can all get behind Stan and the team now but would like to see the back of Delaney....Genesis me ar** ....if they were going to pick a title from a book of the Bible it should have been Exodus..
    "Inflatable hammers and Leprechaun suits, & a chorus of "Here we go" or Olé, Olé"....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    it looks like the FAI are stupidly repeating the same mistake in appointing Kerr.
    Hardly the same mistake, is it If anything, it's the exact opposite mistake?

Highly-experienced coach with much success at Irish and Underage International levels. Zero playing experience.

vs.

Highly-experienced player with success at English and Senior International levels. Zero coaching experience.
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh my God, hes' Bizarro Kerr, Jerry!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klein4
    Oh my God, hes' Bizarro Kerr, Jerry!!!!!
    It all makes sense now!

Staunton comes from the backwards bizarro world (Louth). Up is Down. Down is Up. He says "Hello" when he leaves, "Good bye" when he arrives.
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Makes it sound like a Ronnie Barker scetch!!
    "Inflatable hammers and Leprechaun suits, & a chorus of "Here we go" or Olé, Olé"....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    think of the confusion that "low talker" staunton will cause to the players and FAI......expect the new ireland jersey to come with frilly "pirate" style sleeves!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    his dundalk accent is hard to understand. The tabloids are going to have a field day when we lose our first match. The vast majority of the football pundits have either slammed the two appointments or have serious reservations about it.

Venebales was our man FFS

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Why the Fcuk can’t ye give the guy a chance.He has just being appointed and it’s not his fault because the FAI did not want or could get anyone else. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but all this getting personal about his accent is just childish and pathetic.He is in the same boat as us supporters, he wants to do well for the team and I am sure the team will want to do well for him. I am not too chuffed with the appointment and yes I would rather have Martin O’ Neill or another high profile manager but Staunton is the main man now so let him prove himself to us and then we can judge him.I for one will continue to support Ireland and maybe, just maybe it will be easier to get a ticket for our home games now seen that so many on here claim they will never go and watch us play again. Good riddens i say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Stan has never done it with management at international level. The FAIlure assocation gave the media all the unoffical stories about big names being linked with the Ireland managers job and it was all to push kerr off the cliff.

Look who we got. Stan and lawrel have it all to prove.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Stan has never done it with management at international level. The FAIlure assocation gave the media all the unoffical stories about big names being linked with the Ireland managers job and it was all to push kerr off the cliff.

Look who we got. Stan and lawrel have it all to prove.

Its quite obvious that you like many others are disappointed with Steve Stauntons appointment but why not give him the benifit of the doubt and see how he gets on.

I know that International management may not be the place to assess the capabilities of someone who has never done it before but that's the position he is in and he will have to take the bull by the horns.I wish the man all the best in the world and i think that he will prove that he is a quick learner.

Its now fairly obvious that the FAI did not like Kerr and he was treated harshly but i personally do not think he was going anywhere positive.Who knows he may have done better if given another chance but its history now. As for the FAI i am sure thay had people in the sight for the management place but were premature in thinking they would actually get them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    FarBeag, you have spectacularly managed to miss the point.

Delaney has not picked the best possible man for the job. he has picked (and it was him personally) a strange combination who have never worked together. for 4 years. Stan is clearly a yes man, unlike Kerr. If you think Kerr was sacked because of results after all this you are on a different planet.

delaney is creating a personal fiefdom and calling all the shots, badly. and after some of you bought genesis as the beginning of the end for gombeen stroke men in the FAIlure.

stan is being set up to fail by a power hungy autocrat. why should we happily just go along with these egos destroying irish football? its time for the ole ole brigade to grow some spine.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I share your pain Rovers I really do but what can the average punter do? I love the Irish national team. It's the only sport I truly care about (other than Dublin GAA). Eveything else I just watch with emotional detachment.

We can't just ignore the team and it would be petulant to protest now. If Stan screws up our Euro qualification then both he and Delaney should be fired.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i disagree. the man is creating 20 years of disaster and people are told 'sure what can you do'? not go to the games, support them from a pub. and tell delaney what you think of him at away games when he doesnt have frontline under instructions to clamp down on dissent.

its time to take a stand. genesis achieved nothing at a great financial cost.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote of the week from John Delaney LOL:

"The combination of talents, experience, knowledge, motivational skills and passion which this team brings to the management of the senior squad is utterly compelling.”

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/boysing...p?newsid=20720

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie
    FarBeag, you have spectacularly managed to miss the point.

Delaney has not picked the best possible man for the job. he has picked (and it was him personally) a strange combination who have never worked together. for 4 years. Stan is clearly a yes man, unlike Kerr. If you think Kerr was sacked because of results after all this you are on a different planet.

delaney is creating a personal fiefdom and calling all the shots, badly. and after some of you bought genesis as the beginning of the end for gombeen stroke men in the FAIlure.

stan is being set up to fail by a power hungy autocrat. why should we happily just go along with these egos destroying irish football? its time for the ole ole brigade to grow some spine.
    I never said that Stan was the best man for the job far from it but he is the man in the job and there is nothing you,i or anyone else can do about that.He is probally a 'yes' man and i agree Kerr was probally not,but if Kerr had got us through to the World Cup he would still be manager.

I don't like Delaney or the FAI but its not going to stop me from traveling all over Europe when the campaign begins later this year.If it stop's you that's your choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag
    I never said that Stan was the best man for the job far from it but he is the man in the job and there is nothing you,i or anyone else can do about that.
    first up its not stan per say i have the problem with. its the robson fudge and the leaking of the appointment.

and yes there is something you can do. not give the FAI any more money.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    his dundalk accent is hard to understand. The tabloids are going to have a field day when we lose our first match. The vast majority of the football pundits have either slammed the two appointments or have serious reservations about it.

Venebales was our man FFS
    Venables!! What exactly is he doing at the moment ? A spiv that hasn't been employed for sometime now and you want him to manage the Irish team ? Giles and Houghton backed Staunton's appointment on TV this afternoon but they do have reservations about Robson which I would agree with.

How can you describe the appointment as a failure when a match hasn't been played ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan

How can you describe the appointment as a failure when a match hasn't been played ?
    i think its the manner in which it happened after what we were led to believe about 'big name' manager.

the incompetence is the problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    A lot of pundits were tippng Venebales. I thought it was a reasonable choice.

This european qualifier campagin could be a disaster and both of the new managers could be out on their ear sooner rather than later.

They certainly dont have the full backing of the press.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast