Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alonsos goal against luton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Link for Alonsos goal against luton?

Anyone?
    Last edited by as_i_say; 12/01/2006 at 8:06 AM.
    I

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    PM'd you.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Nothing special about it. Unusual but not special. No goalie anywhere near the goal so he just had to punt the ball upfield into the empty net. Beckam's against Wimbledon, on the other hand, was much more skillful with the goalie off his line and he had to loop it over him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You'd be surprised at the amount of people who wouldn't be able to reach the net from where he hit it from though, so it wasn't bad in that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    thanks for that
    I

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    reminds me of a goal i scored last season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    Nothing special about it. Unusual but not special. No goalie anywhere near the goal so he just had to punt the ball upfield into the empty net. Beckam's against Wimbledon, on the other hand, was much more skillful with the goalie off his line and he had to loop it over him.

I know I'd have difficulty curling the ball in from 60 yards with my right foot, never mind my wrong foot....
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Are you a professional footballer on 50K+ a week ? With no goalkeeper in the goal he just had to kick the ball from around the half way line into the empty goal. Didn't require half the amount of skill Beckam has to use to lob the goalie against Wimbledon.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Are you a professional footballer on 50K+ a week ? With no goalkeeper in the goal he just had to kick the ball from around the half way line into the empty goal. Didn't require half the amount of skill Beckam has to use to lob the goalie against Wimbledon.
    if

some sence at last im being lambasted for suggesting it was nt an awsome goal as liverpool fans are calling it on the everton v liverpool thread .

it was a good goal allright but come on as you say a pro footballer kicking the ball 60 yards straight into an open goal isnt really spectacullar

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    His first goal in the game was better i think. To be fair its not often that a player scores from his own half, whether it has the skill of Beckham or the awareness of alonso, so in that case it was a very good goal. Sullivan really should have stopped beckhams
    of course, everything looks bad if you remember it.- Homer Simpson
    www.sliceco.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ah to be fair,scoring from the half way line with no keeper would be hard enough at times but to do so with your weaker foot would be really difficult.go out on a pitch and try it yourself under no pressure taking all the time you want and i would still bet bet that you would miss far more times than you would score! so for me it was a great goal by a class player and im a man united fan!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Owls fan isn't saying it was an easy goal to score. All he's saying is(and he's right) that Beckham's goal against Wimbledon was more difficult as he had to lob the keeper aswell.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Beckham's goal was from the halfway line, Alonso from 10 yards further back.

ah to be fair,scoring from the half way line with no keeper would be hard enough at times but to do so with your weaker foot would be really difficult.go out on a pitch and try it yourself under no pressure taking all the time you want and i would still bet bet that you would miss far more times than you would score! so for me it was a great goal by a class player and im a man united fan!!!
    a pro footballer kicking the ball 60 yards straight
    You see this is where the difference is. You tell me who can or who has ever kicked the ball 60 yards with their wrong foot straight at the goal, never mind score. It can't have any deviations, it can't end up the at the corner flag. Despite how accurate Alonso hit the ball, it still only just made it in after a few bounces of the ball. Even with open goals from corners very few players ever attempt such a shot because they can't hit it that far... There are plenty of occasions where teams break away with an open goal, how many have dared hit from 60 yards......?I'd love to know how many you can think of. In other words, there can be no goals to compare to Alonso because no one ever tries it. Since noone ever dares try it never mind score from it gives the goal that extra quality that seemingly some can't see beyond it being an open goal.

Let's see defenders of the highest hoofing ability try it with an open goal with their wrong foot. Do you think Rio on his left could? Carragher? Campbell? Hyypia? Dunne? Weir? Yobo? Cunningham? O'Shea? All on their wrong foot?

I give defenders the chance because they are most likely to able to hit the ball high and hard down a pitch.

I wonder how many could do it. The power needed in the muscles in your leg must be such that it will keep going in. Added to the fact he meant to do it and it wasn't a fluke means it is a far better goal than *some* think.
    The Model Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I'm not saying Alonso's goal wasn't good cos it was, great in fact. But in fairness, it was not near as good as Beckham's. Yes he shot it from further back and still got it on target but Beckham still had to lift it above the keeper and make sure it came down in time to hit the net also. Alonso had no one to beat and Beckham had.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    correction.my goal was better. was from 50 yards.just inside the oposition half, i hit it first time, lobbed/curled it over the keeper.
    nothing special about alonsos goal.looked even a little sloppy with the ball bouncing/trickling over the line.
    it was an open goal from a player on E50K a week. he should be able to do it in his feckin sleep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto eile
    correction.my goal was better. was from 50 yards.just inside the oposition half, i hit it first time, lobbed/curled it over the keeper.
    nothing special about alonsos goal.looked even a little sloppy with the ball bouncing/trickling over the line.
    it was an open goal from a player on E50K a week. he should be able to do it in his feckin sleep
    Ah i scored one for my school last year that would be better than yours.

Playing in the centre of midfield. Opposition Keeper taking a kick out of the ground.....I was standing on the halfway line, fell on my foot and volleyed it straight back over the keepers head.....Didnt hit the ground once from when the keeper kicked it until it hit the net.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town
    Ah i scored one for my school last year that would be better than yours.

Playing in the centre of midfield. Opposition Keeper taking a kick out of the ground.....I was standing on the halfway line, fell on my foot and volleyed it straight back over the keepers head.....Didnt hit the ground once from when the keeper kicked it until it hit the net.
    thats nothing, i kicked the ball of our own crossbar, the ball then travelled up the pitch around 2 miles i'd say and lobbed their peter crouchesque 14 foot tall keeper who was standing on the line. i wasnt wearing boots either, and i was blindfolded.
    www.sliceco.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blutil
    thats nothing, i kicked the ball of our own crossbar, the ball then travelled up the pitch around 2 miles i'd say and lobbed their peter crouchesque 14 foot tall keeper who was standing on the line. i wasnt wearing boots either, and i was blindfolded.
    Thing is mine actually happened

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town
    Thing is mine actually happened
    so did mine ! as i said i was blindfolded at the time so i didnt see it, but im told thats exactly what happened. did i mention it was a bicycle kick ?
    www.sliceco.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blutil
    Nah, Alonso's was still better........
    The Model Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast