Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Di Canio

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Di Canio

The scumbag is in trouble again for giving more Nazi salutes to the Lazio fans in their game against Livorno.He said "I will always salute as I did yesterday because it gives me a sense of belonging to my people" ,muppet.Why don't they just ban him full stop,this sort of thing is not good for the game.How many kids are gonna follow in his footsteps now .
    MOT

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Since when did making a Mussolini salute result in a life time ban for a footballer ? One of the greatest players to wear the blue and white stripes and, but for that push on the referee, Wednesday would not be in the plight they're in now. Volatile, vain, disloyal but a great player and some silly outdated salute is hardly worth a lifetime ban. It wasn't a Nazi salute by the way - they copied it from the Italian fascists.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    Since when did making a Mussolini salute result in a life time ban for a footballer ? One of the greatest players to wear the blue and white stripes and, but for that push on the referee, Wednesday would not be in the plight they're in now. Volatile, vain, disloyal but a great player and some silly outdated salute is hardly worth a lifetime ban. It wasn't a Nazi salute by the way - they copied it from the Italian fascists.
    What a load of ****!,call the salute what you want,try to cover it up but at the end of the day it's a nazi, right wing, racist jesture and in this day and age and has no place in football.Ban the cnut yes and make an example of him,this needs too be stamped out it's a bad example to set.
    MOT

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    F*ck that, footballers don't have to be role models ... it's got nothing to do with football. let the law decide his legal fate and then just let him play footie

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what i seen of it in the papers it just looked like he was waving at the fans nothing racist (looking) about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    How could you condone a lifetime ban for something like giving a fascist salute in the heat of the moment? The Liverno fans (who are very left wing) had been giving him grief all afternoon over his Mussolini tattoo and in the heat of the moment gave the fascist salute. Stupid thing to do yes, something that deserves anything other than a fine no.

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus
    How could you condone a lifetime ban for something like giving a fascist salute in the heat of the moment?
    He's done it once before though has'nt he?
    'It's not because I'm uncouth, it's because I'm Irish. The English language is a wall between you and me and f**k is my chisel.' - Tommy Tiernan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    He did it after scoring in the rome derby this time last year
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus
    The Liverno fans (who are very left wing) had been giving him grief all afternoon over his Mussolini tattoo and in the heat of the moment gave the fascist salute.
    Yes, really quite unsporting of them, that. What else is a facist sympathiser supposed to do in the face of such blatant provocation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Is he not as much entitled to be a facist as the Livorno fans are to be communist

I'll admit it was an incredibly stupid thing to do in a volatile athmosphere like that and as such he should be fined and banned for a couple of games, but giving a man a lifetime ban for his political beliefs???

Come off it, for fupp sake

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Liverno fans (who are very left wing) had been giving him grief all afternoon over his Mussolini tattoo
    any1 got pics of dicanios tattoo's?
    I read his Biography and have to say i like the guy, he's skillfull, entertaining, cotroversial and passionate what more do you want from a sport that is all about spectacle and entertainment????
    You gotta do what Randall Pink Floyd wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die
    Is he not as much entitled to be a facist as the Livorno fans are to be communist

Yes, he is as entitled to believe in a state based on the unification of military and corporate power, with those not belonging to the favored caste being eliminated as Liverno fans are to believe in the replacement of centralized state power by democratic workers' syndicates.

Doesn't mean he shouldn't be punished for it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marked Man
    Yes, he is as entitled to believe in a state based on the unification of military and corporate power, with those not belonging to the favored caste being eliminated as Liverno fans are to believe in the replacement of centralized state power by democratic workers' syndicates.

Punished for his beliefs??

And to think Di Canio is being called a facist.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Liverno fans are to believe in the replacement of centralized state power by democratic workers' syndicates.
    Communism through rose tinted glasses We've seen how that system has worked in Stalinist Soviet Union and China where, like in fascist regimes, if you ain't for us then you're agin' us and get put up against a wall. Very little to choose between the two dictatorships.

The political beliefs of a footballer should have nothing to do with the game and he shouldn't have made the gesture but it's no big deal - except in the media of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

Hate to sound dumb but isn't one of the aims of communism the centralisation of state power

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i think he should be banned , so much effort goes into the effort to rid football a racisim and then this moron starts giving nazi salutes for a second time .

he then says they are his people and he wont say sorry as its only the jews that are complaining and he has no interest in what they think , his people as he puts it are the same one s that turned up with a banner saying something along the lines of " 'Auschwitz is your town, the ovens are your houses' at the roma derby ,roma having a large jewish support .

to think people here are condoning it is quite unsettling .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    Communism through rose tinted glasses We've seen how that system has worked in Stalinist Soviet Union and China where, like in fascist regimes, if you ain't for us then you're agin' us and get put up against a wall. Very little to choose between the two dictatorships.

The political beliefs of a footballer should have nothing to do with the game and he shouldn't have made the gesture but it's no big deal - except in the media of course.
    Communism as defined by Marx. Which has nothing to do with dictatorships. (Which is why many on the left always derided USSR style government as State Capitalism).

Facism requires dictatorship; it's part and parcel of the combination of military and corporate power.

I really don't understand how anyone can think making this salute, and hence endorsing what Mussolini's government was party to is "no big deal." If a player lifted his jersey to reveal "I support the killing/forced removal of Irish nationals from Italy" would that be no big deal too?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hate to sound dumb but isn't one of the aims of communism the centralisation of state power
    According to Marx, the central goal of communism is the withering away of state power. Stalin and Mao were in favor of centralised power--i.e., dictatorship. I'd go with Marx on this one.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Punished for his beliefs??

And to think Di Canio is being called a facist.
    He can believe what he wants. Acting on it is a different story. Minimally, he should be punished for bringing the game into disrepute.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208
    i

to think people here are condoning it is quite unsettling .
    Nobody is condoning it, people are supporting free speech and the right for people to express themselves no matter how noxious it may be. Where do you draw the line? In your zeal to protect you may end up destroying what makes Western civilization so good.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast