Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: The Promised Land

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Promised Land

Just arrived back in London from the game - what a nite....crap game, brilliant result!!!

Just listened to Conors interview on the web and as he says if we could get 4000+ every week we could challenge anybody - hopefully the feel good factor will give us some momentum for the new season!

Well done every connected with SRFC - bring on da big boys!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I can safely say that loads of the sunshine ''supporters'' that were there last night wont be in the showgrounds next season!! already lookin forward to it though...i'd say there will be about 2500 at most of the games next year (inc. more away supporters than this year) and for the likes of Shels, Derry, Cork, Shams..pushin 3000, which is decent!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    was it me or was the PA system fecked?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo
    was it me or was the PA system fecked?
    Yes, it was well and truely fecked
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The PA systems is over the hill, same speakers used the last 15 years at least, please invest a few quid in a system and get some music going before games for next season and After goals (home preferably).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Everybody in the crowd around me was in fits of laughter at the announcer at the final whistle "will everyone got of the bloody pitch!!!!!" over and over in exasperated tones - mexican waves, fireworks - all makes a great occasion, but for me the announcer gets MOTM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red_away
    Everybody in the crowd around me was in fits of laughter at the announcer at the final whistle "will everyone got of the bloody pitch!!!!!"
    And he's our chairman too
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Well done lads, you had a great season, look forward to traveling up next season.
    www.braywanderers.ie (Club)
    www.braywanderers.com (supporters club)
    Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in England in January, only more intelligent.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    didnt hear him myself but heard he was roarin at everyone to get off the pitch....'your only ruining it for yourselves''! it would have been pricless! WAT A CLUB!! I LOVE IT!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123
    I can safely say that loads of the sunshine ''supporters'' that were there last night wont be in the showgrounds next season!! already lookin forward to it though...i'd say there will be about 2500 at most of the games next year (inc. more away supporters than this year) and for the likes of Shels, Derry, Cork, Shams..pushin 3000, which is decent!
    Looking forward to it already aswell!! There were a few lads behind me in the stand that were a bit shaky on some of the players names alright, but the more the merrier and they might be enticed back, such a big crowd made for a great atmosphere on a great night.

What was the story with some of the Robocop stewards though? I had never seen a couple of them before and they wouldn't let a few of us up into the middle of the main stand an hour before kick off because they said it was full. We had to go up another entrance and got seats near there anyways! It was a bit annoying especially when you sit around there for nearly every home game to be told where you can and can't sit just because the place is packed with people who just turn up once a year!
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeah, as long as the club gets more money anyway...they can come! I heard a few people payin at the gate saying to one of the commitee what stand is this for? and there was a load of people in the shed didnt have a clue of any of the players or the songs!!