Should Jim Goodwin, the Republic of Ireland under 21 international recently released by Celtic move to Austria and sign for Rapid Vienna he can thank Gunther Wilfinger an Austrian fan of Ireland and Rapid supporter.

Gunther alerted the Rapid officials Mr.Ebner and Mr. Kuhn when he read that Jim was released by Celtic. He told soccercentral.ie "I already knew that he was an Irish
international at U-21 level. When I read that Ireland U-21 would play Austria in Kindberg (Styria) on April 16th I wrote an e-mail saying that it would make sense to watch
that match because of Jim"

"Yes, obviously they did so ....I am just an "ordinary" supporter of Rapid Vienna - no official," he added.

Waterford lad Goodwin who had a trial at the Vienna club said ""I like the idea of coming here and I've been offered a very good package."

"It is said that Keith Foy, Alan Quinn and Shaun Maher are available, too. Maybe I can convince Rapid? They (Rapid) don´t recognize Richie Baker for years - it´s a pity ....", Gunther finished.

So you can see the power of the World Wide Web and e mail but most importantly Rapid appear to be a club who listen to their fans and act on the information.