Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Lead by example

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Lead by example

I probably will get stick for what I am about to say, but I feel very strongly about it. I am disappointed to say the least with the idea of the Trust organising a drinking session in Mooney’s before the match on Saturday evening.
    Don’t get me wrong, because I will party all night after the game.
    This is a very poor example to the many young fans that will be there to watch the game. This session starts at 5. What state will they be after 3 hours drinking? IMO some of them will be no state to enter the Showgrounds. Will the Trust steward these people in the grounds?
    The Trust IMO would be better employed helping out with all the pre-match activities in the Showgrounds.
    I hope there is no trouble at the game, but I would expect much more from a supporters organisation.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzer
    I probably will get stick for what I am about to say, but I feel very strongly about it. I am disappointed to say the least with the idea of the Trust organising a drinking session in Mooney’s before the match on Saturday evening.
    This is a very poor example to the many young fans that will be there to watch the game. This session starts at 5. What state will they be after 3 hours drinking? IMO some of them will be no state to enter the Showgrounds. Will the Trust steward these people in the grounds?
    The Trust IMO would be better employed helping out with all the pre-match activities in the Showgrounds.
    I hope there is no trouble at the game, but I would expect much more from a supporters organisation.
    Just wondering where did the Trust say the were organising a 'drinking session'?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Typical ignorance from a moron. If some people from the trust go for a drink before the game - how is this now a event organised by the trust?
    Arent you just a hero for staying off the drink til after the game !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya I can't see it either..

I will be out for a few sociables for the rugby tommorrow afternoon, and will be in a fit state to enter the showgrounds. I have seen a couple of fans over indulging before a game.. Dublin city game, there must have been alot of beer consumed on the bus up.

"2 points clear, we'll still be two points clear !! Tell them rovers tell them we will still be two points clear.."

As long as they are not as bad as ****** ****** they'll be fine...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SRFC Head
    As long as they are not as bad as ****** ****** they'll be fine...
    I wonder who you could possibly be on about?
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There was a simple statement saying that their will be videos of old games shown in Mooneys before the game. At no stage was this described as a session. The trust arent needed to organise a session in Mooneys or any other place in the town for that matter. With Rovers getting promoted there will be sessions all over Sligo regardless.

As with every single game of this season, there will be people in Mooneys having pre match pints anyway. This has been the case for years so this is a shabby and underhanded attempt to discredit the trust.All of a sudden your concerned about people coming from the pub into the Showgrounds. Get with it. People have been coming into games for years from the pub, and never, ever has there been trouble from home supporters in The Showgrounds.

As was said during the week, there has been bigger crowds in the past in the showgrounds that what will be there tommorrow and there was never ever any trouble.e

Redzer, you'd be better served contacting a member of the trust, such as myself than airing this is a public forum. I'm not sure what your agenda is but you've posted before chastising the trust. Surely you are better served directly contacting us than bringing this up in this public forum. The trust is here to try and benefit the club and it's supporters, so i've no idea whatsoever why your trying to discredit a group of people who spend their free time trying to set up a structure that will ultimately benefit Sligo Rovers Football Club for many years to come.

If you feel so "strongly" then I would suggest coming to a meeting (every Tuesday 7pm City Hotel Bar) and airing your view/opinions. We've always been open to anyone coming in with their views. This would make more sense instead trying to openly discredit the trust whilst hiding behind a "seudo-name". Alternatively ring me, I'm sure you have my number.

I'm very dissapointed with this attitutude towards the trust.
    Last edited by garykelly; 11/11/2005 at 3:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    ****** ******=Hungry Hippos......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Redzer, you seem to have a personal problem with the trust. You are the only one on here who I have always seen criticising them. The trust never once said this was a drinking session. They are showing a video of past games for all the fans. If people are going to drink then that's their own decision. I dont think showing this video is going to influence people to drink because if they had planned to drink then they would have done it anyway, regardless of weather the Trust were doing something or not.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    well said gary. anyone who might get steamed b4 da match won't need an invitation from da trust.
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    This session starts at 5. What state will they be after 3 hours drinking?
    Who said anything about drinking alcohol in Mooneys? I'll be drinking tea and eating prawn sandwiches so I should be okay

Will the Trust steward these people in the grounds?
    Speaking of stewards, I was talking to one of the MC members Thursday afternoon and he said that the FAI said we need over 40 stewards for the game. Seems to be a lot
    Last edited by 1 9 2 8; 12/11/2005 at 10:01 AM.