Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave McKeon - Not good enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs down Dave McKeon - Not good enough.

was a total disgrace last night - there was one stone cold penalty and we standing RIGHT beside Breen as he felled and yet played on!?

All through the match he seemed to be favouring UCD, booked Chris Breen for doing nothing - a defender was tugging his jersey as the ball was coming down and the ref dished out a yellow for no reason!? And when a Harps' players had been fouled and then as the ball fell to another Harps player, the ref NEVER played advantage

And at the end Breen had won a corner after the ball came off a UCD defender, McKeon gave a goal kick. This is what ultimately made me wonder if he was on some sort of betting scam. FBTN was near me in the second half, he can second what I've said.

To say we were cost the match because of those decisions is not the case though, as for too long our midfield were glued to the half-way line while the defence pumped the ball up for Breen or McHugh. We missed Mickey Funston is an understatement, as if we'd had him he'd have dominated UCD's midfield and start to thread a few passes together.

Anyway I can't believe that McKeon is of international standard. And I thought Kelly was a bad ref, this one takes the biscuit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He did the exact same for us against Cork.....denied us the most obvious penalty ever.All the cork fans agreed...absoloute rubbish that this idiot is of international standard...he has to be second to only Kelly,if even,in the worst ref's in the league.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    That referee is a ***** of the highest calibre. Myself and a couple of the players spoke to him a while after the game. One of the lads challenged him about the disallowed goal, and his response "I refereed in Europe, I don't make mistakes"

What an arrogant ballbag!!
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Totally agree with this thread in general, Kelly and McKeon are a disgrace, and what makes it worse is that they're arrogant p***** as well. I honestly believe that they think the public comes to watch them and not the players

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i would have to agree with you all, but its not just them two, all the refs in ireland are a complete shower of ****.something has to be done! especially that alan kelly chap, more interested about his hair than the f***ing game! and wen we played shels in tolka, he robbed us blind! farrelly is right to be having a go and if other managers had the balls to back him up then maybe something could be done!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor H
    He did the exact same for us against Cork.....denied us the most obvious penalty ever.All the cork fans agreed...
    Agree with that, it was a stone wall penalty in the last minute of the game up there.....

Is he as bad and incompetent as Pat Whelan though? I doubt it.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monzo
    All through the match he seemed to be favouring UCD
    Ah now. He was over-officious, I thought, giving a lot of dodgy decisions (I thought at the time the penalty was harsh too, as did other UCD fans I was talking to after, though I haven't seen it since), but there was no way he was favouring us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Which McKeon is this? The one that didn't give us the most blatent penalty ever in Bray or the one that booked our player in Cork because O'Callaghan ran into him?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Both McKeons, Kelly, Stokes and Hancock are simply not good enough. The league is let down by the standerd of refereeing
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    could this be an issue for the NLSA?
    standard of reffing not improving with the rest of the league etc.
    not having the chief referee's inspectors son as a ref?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    Which McKeon is this? The one that didn't give us the most blatent penalty ever in Bray or the one that booked our player in Cork because O'Callaghan ran into him?
    The same!

I agree, it was definitely a peno that time. Everybody in the Shed moaned when it happened. His reason for not giving it was evening out a decision Bray should've gotten a few seconds earlier, that's not the way to referee!

I've had plenty of other problems with him before.

Someone mentioned Stokes.... I don't think any Bray fan will forget that night at Dalymount or Buttimer and the whole Dublin City incident!
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank
    The same!
    But there are two of them! The one in Cork was a different one to the one in Bray.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    But there are two of them! The one in Cork was a different one to the one in Bray.
    Oh right, well I was just backing you up on the penalty incident.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What about Jim O'Neil? Is that wa*ker still around. Jasus that c*nt made my blood boil so much.

If only I could hit some of those bast*rds each week, it would let me get rid of alot of steam
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Rhona Daly is the worst official in the league, i dont think she has ever got an offside decision right!
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Pineapple Stu - perhaps not, but when he denied Breen a penalty in the second half I began to think that he could be part of some sort of betting scam, (him booking Breen earlier on when the defender was in the wrong was another factor which led to the consideration). They were spur of the moment comments though, now I just think he's a sh*t ref. And as harpskid said he's an arrogant c*nt.

Following other peoples posts about terrible refereeing decisions Alan Kelly in the Derry V Harps play-off match in 2003 ranks with those.(I don't want this to spill into a big argument with Derry fans, so ignore if you don't agree, instead of filling up the thread with "still crying about yer loss" etc etc.) He let their free-kick be taken away from the correct area and then iirc he blew for a penalty but when the ball had found the back of the net he gave the goal. I agree with those who think Kelly is full of himself, although as for Kelly, I doubt many people would want that kinda hair!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Dave is the taller baldy guy and Paul is the midget sunbed guy.
    Always thought Dave not too bad but he proved me wrong against Pats recently.
    Pat Whelan is the worst i've seen in a long time though, pathetic.
    The best thing about being from Cork is that we almost never get Pepe Le Peu Kelly, though he did give us a late penalty in the cup against Galway.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    Dave is the taller baldy guy and Paul is the midget sunbed guy.
    Always thought Dave not too bad but he proved me wrong against Pats recently.
    Pat Whelan is the worst i've seen in a long time though, pathetic.
    The best thing about being from Cork is that we almost never get Pepe Le Peu Kelly, though he did give us a late penalty in the cup against Galway.
    Ah other way around...the ***** didn't give us a penalty!It's amazing he hasn't refereed one of our matches since then,yet he had a couple of our games up until that match.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the whole lot are a disgrace in faiirness. What gets me more then the refs is the linesmen do they know the offside rule. They are slow with keeping up with and just presume a striker is off if he breaks free.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monzo
    Pineapple Stu - perhaps not, but when he denied Breen a penalty in the second half I began to think that he could be part of some sort of betting scam, (him booking Breen earlier on when the defender was in the wrong was another factor which led to the consideration). They were spur of the moment comments though, now I just think he's a sh*t ref. And as harpskid said he's an arrogant c*nt.

Following other peoples posts about terrible refereeing decisions Alan Kelly in the Derry V Harps play-off match in 2003 ranks with those.(I don't want this to spill into a big argument with Derry fans, so ignore if you don't agree, instead of filling up the thread with "still crying about yer loss" etc etc.) He let their free-kick be taken away from the correct area and then iirc he blew for a penalty but when the ball had found the back of the net he gave the goal. I agree with those who think Kelly is full of himself, although as for Kelly, I doubt many people would want that kinda hair!

He,s bald isnt he
    I remember watching that on the sports news with interest at the time.Whatever about the free kick from the wrong position (dont know if it was or wasnt) but afaik a penalty was never given nor was the whistle blown for a pen. You obviously bought into Mr King's propaganda at the time.Role the footage and lets take a look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast