Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monaghan United Vs. Sligo Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Monaghan United Vs. Sligo Rovers

This is a crucial game. I fully expect the team to take all three points, if they dont then it's disgracful and they dont deserve promotion. Faz is out, Alvarez is out(both suspended) and it will be O'Grady's last game of the season as he is suspended for the last two games. With Faz out I think it's time Sean Connor played O'Donnell on the wing, he caused Monaghan lots of problems in Century Homes Park earlier in the season and certainly deserves a place in the squad. There should be a good crowd going up from Sligo, along with the Trust's bus, so their should be a good atmosphere to roar us on to victory.

Prediction: 3-0 to Rovers
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    with da last 6 games i kinda always knew they prob wud turn out to be draws but i'm 100% confident of 3 points v monaghan. mons have conceded 53 in 32(29 in 16 home games) so we mite actually score a couple for a change. they've lost 9 home games but won therir last 2(athlone&kildare). i'd say raf will get put back into midfield. flannery was da star of da show da last 2 times we played monaghan so hopefully that gives him a bit of confidence going into da game. i've been to century homes 5 times&we won everytime. same again please

3-0 mctiernan, flannery&mcnamara
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    1-0 will do me nicely....Foley to score a screamer

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    2-0....feeney and an own goal!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    neil doyle is ref for da game
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red4Eva
    neil doyle is ref for da game
    ah for fcuk sake. Why do the FAI have him at all? Such a joke. I just know he's gonna give all the decisions to the Dublin B team(aka Monaghan ) cos he's a Dub himself
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    This is a crucial game. I fully expect the team to take all three points, if they dont then it's disgracful and they dont deserve promotion. Faz is out, Alvarez is out(both suspended) and it will be O'Grady's last game of the season as he is suspended for the last two games. With Faz out I think it's time Sean Connor played O'Donnell on the wing, he caused Monaghan lots of problems in Century Homes Park earlier in the season and certainly deserves a place in the squad. There should be a good crowd going up from Sligo, along with the Trust's bus, so their should be a good atmosphere to roar us on to victory.

Prediction: 3-0 to Rovers
    It maybe a good thing that Faz is suspended as he has been terrible basically since the Pats game where he showed what he is capable of.I don't think SC wouldn't have drop him otherwise.Dont want to overly critical of him but workrate in tracking back seems to lack the drive to compete(Tackling etc) is poor .Stephen O Donnell will have a more direct approach to the game which I think will give us more goalscoring chance's.We need to score and win this one more than the Cobh game,with Cobh playing DC it could be the chance we're looking for.I dread it coming down to Us needing a "Result in Kilkenny on the last Day!".
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiba
    Stephen O Donnell will have a more direct approach to the game which I think will give us more goalscoring chance's.
    I still dont think Sean will play him though. I think McCartney will be there on the right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought jay played real well for us against cobh, he'll be a fantastic player, all he needs to do is bulk up a bit and that will come with age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover
    I thought jay played real well for us against cobh, he'll be a fantastic player, all he needs to do is bulk up a bit and that will come with age.
    Dont get me wrong, McCartney is a good player but O'Donnell is the type of player we need against Monaghan cos he can set up goals for the front two

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Dont get me wrong, McCartney is a good player but O'Donnell is the type of player we need against Monaghan cos he can set up goals for the front two
    Totally agree with Sligoman as regards Mc Carthney and Mc Donnell(He has the Bulk already.).We need a team that is going to get stuck in.This late in season preformanance will count for nothing,its the results that matter.
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hopefull O'Donnell is starting but i wouldnt bet on it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah he should start..he took the p**s of their defence when we beat them 4-1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    ya he set up 2 goals and gave them an awful time.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes he is up to it! He is a brilliant young prospect and deserved his place in the team on saturday...and played quite well actually. He has been patient after losing his place in the team after being a regular at the start of the season. we need to keep giving players like Jay and Gary Curran an oppurtunity in the team! they are good local talent, and they could be Rovers greats in years to come!! we must keep local players in sligo! just look how well Ciaran Martyn is doing and to a lesser extent (at the minute) Alan Cawley! its a pity we couldn't get them 2 lads.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    monaghan will be up to knock us off the perch. it's all they've left to play for. i'd take a win of any sort. dont care how it happens as long as we bring home the 3 points. i'd say o'donnell will play although cud be a case of leaving rossiter in defence and putting raf onto the right of midfield. if that was the case then o'donnell on the left would be good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    i would play drop kupono for tim and bring faz over to the left to accomdate raf on the right for this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo
    and bring faz over to the left to accomdate raf on the right for this game
    Cept Faz is suspended Gus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    well play kupono left midfield then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    ya foley should be in the middle.he is our work horse,breaks up attacks and gets the wide men on the ball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast