Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Aiden McGeady

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I would seriously doubt that the arrival of Keane onto the training pitch with his new team mates would have anything other that a beneficial effect on our budding midfield maestro McGeady.
    Roy is going to join a team of real men.
    It's one thing bollocking the Man U trendies and posers but I think he will be a tad more diplomatic with his new mates. He wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of a flying Hartson elbow in training or find himself alone in the showers with a vengeful Bobo Balde looking to spill some blood.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Real men? I say United are as tough as any other team. They're also a better team than Celtic.

Regardless, I don't care what happens to either Keane or Celtic just as long as current and future internationals aren't hurt by his prescence there.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir
    I would seriously doubt that the arrival of Keane onto the training pitch with his new team mates would have anything other that a beneficial effect on our budding midfield maestro McGeady.
    Roy is going to join a team of real men.
    It's one thing bollocking the Man U trendies and posers but I think he will be a tad more diplomatic with his new mates. He wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of a flying Hartson elbow in training or find himself alone in the showers with a vengeful Bobo Balde looking to spill some blood.
    Not to mention Sutton. Even O'Neill was afraid of him. Sutton was out with a virus the last few days and hadn't trained. Strachan said yesterday that he put himself on the bench for yesterday's match.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom
    I think it would be ludicrous to insinuate that Keane's arrival at Parkhead would have anything other than a positive effect on McGeady, O'Dea, O'Donnell (?) or any of the other Irish lads at Celtic.
    Again I ask the question on what basis do you suggest this ? He'll have a positive effect on the results because he is a great player but on what basis do you say he'll have a positive effect on the youngsters, when both Irish "youngsters" at Man U (Miller & O'Shea) didn't prosper. As a young player, the last thing you want is someone criticising you. A mixture of praise/encouragement and constructive criticism is what a youngster needs. Does Keane offer this. Sure they'll see he trains hard and is ultra competitive but if they live in fear of a bollicking every time they goof, that won't bring them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom
    I just finished reading Keane's autobiography, for the third time, and its kinda hard not to agree with a lot of what he's done or stood up for..
    Never read it. Looked at the index for Sheffield Wednesday and every reference which I checked referred to Sheffield United I refused to put one penny of royalties Dunphy's way by buying the book. Saipan apart, what else has he "stood up for" as a matter of interest. Also, is there any mention of his heart's felt desire to play for Celtic in the book ?

McGeady was subbed yesterday. Thought he was doing ok. Amazing view of the sea from the Calli ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    Never read it. Looked at the index for Sheffield Wednesday and every reference which I checked referred to Sheffield United I refused to put one penny of royalties Dunphy's way by buying the book.
    His Matt Busby book is brilliant. Everything the Keane book isnt.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I heard on the radio that McGeady missed a sitter from 6 yards.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Does Keane offer this. Sure they'll see he trains hard and is ultra competitive but if they live in fear of a bollicking every time they goof, that won't bring them on.
    Going on reports, training is already at a bone crunching competitive level at Celtic, Roy Keane's arrival may well have a calming effect. Roy may even be rested for some training sessions for his own protection.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88
    I heard on the radio that McGeady missed a sitter from 6 yards.
    He did. Came to him quickly and he scuffed it wide.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Again I ask the question on what basis do you suggest this ? He'll have a positive effect on the results because he is a great player but on what basis do you say he'll have a positive effect on the youngsters, when both Irish "youngsters" at Man U (Miller & O'Shea) didn't prosper. As a young player, the last thing you want is someone criticising you. A mixture of praise/encouragement and constructive criticism is what a youngster needs. Does Keane offer this. Sure they'll see he trains hard and is ultra competitive but if they live in fear of a bollicking every time they goof, that won't bring them on.
    I suppose you'll never know and are only speculating unless you interview O'shea and Miller. How many bollickings have these poor unfortunate professionals had to suffer over the years or are you basing your view on one un-aired MUTV interview?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Keane has offered praise/encouragement and constructive criticism to many a youngster in his days at Man U, though Im only speculating obviously.

Personally, I'll base my view on his career to date. A quality player who has consistently brought the best out of himself and his teammates.

Never read it. Looked at the index for Sheffield Wednesday and every reference which I checked referred to Sheffield United I refused to put one penny of royalties Dunphy's way by buying the book. Saipan apart, what else has he "stood up for" as a matter of interest. Also, is there any mention of his heart's felt desire to play for Celtic in the book ?
    Not a great read - some interesting bits. He does bring up his , shall we say affection for Celtic and a desire to play there. He also states his boyhood club in England was Spurs. He's never professed to be a diehard Celtic fan with boyhood dreams to grace the hallowed turf of paradise, unfortunately you have to see through the tabloid spin. Unfortunately a significant amount of celtic fans haven't managed to do that and are not best pleased at his arrival.

McGeady was subbed yesterday. Thought he was doing ok. Amazing view of the sea from the Calli ground.
    I thought he was one of Celtics better players in a pretty poor performance and I was disappointed that he was subbed, despite Petrov being obviously injured. He did miss a good chance, but it came to him very quick and it was an instinctive strike.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Last edited by Junior; 21/12/2005 at 3:56 PM.

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    McGeady came off the bench after an hour and scored a decent (deflected) goal and also superbly laid Hartson's goal on a plate. He's just hit the bar too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    yknow whats annoys me about this board?>

bringing back old threads. This one is how many months old and we have to scan through all the old crap to see the new comments. I'm not having a go at anyone in particular but maybe if a new thread started with "Mcgeady on Sunday or something"

A thought.
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You don't have to scan through the old comments Just either click on the last page or click on the thread link and it will bring you to "the last unread post".

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Back to the subject, Fair play to Mcgeady, that was one of the most impressive substitute preformance i have seen in a long time, should have had two goals.. reminded of Duff before Mourinho stole his football Soul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse
    You don't have to scan through the old comments Just either click on the last page or click on the thread link and it will bring you to "the last unread post".
    Not entirely true-an old thread say with 3 pages could have been re-activated and might now have 6 pages so you would still have to scan to see where the new chat started and the old chat stopped, as i say.
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as_i_say
    Not entirely true-an old thread say with 3 pages could have been re-activated and might now have 6 pages so you would still have to scan to see where the new chat started and the old chat stopped, as i say.
    This has never happened to me. When I open up the Ireland forum I click this icon:
    http://foot.ie/images/buttons/firstnew.gif On every thread.

It brings me to the most recent post in that thread since I last looked at the thread. The small box beside the date on each post is also lit when it hasn't been read.

Anyway, here's McGeady's goal and assist:
    http://media.putfile.com/McGeady-v-Motherwell

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Great sub performance. Turned what could have been a draw in to a win. with some fancy footwork (I just love all that sand dancing). The two boys he skipped past when creating Hartsons goal, could have serioulsy injured him, if they were quick enough!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Lovely footwork & great to see he picked out a good final ball. Regular McGeady watchers will probably concede his final ball is what often lets him down. He looks a bit bigger than last year too. I hear he also hit the bar.

Keep it up Aiden.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456