Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Football trip to Inverness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Football trip to Inverness

I would like to attend a game of my favourite Scottish club Inverness this season. As a once-off. I obviously prefer local football and have attended several IL games and will continue doing that, I'd just like as a once-off to make a trip to Inverness for a home game on a day that there is no IL or EL.
    I was thinking of a Sunday game during winter break in EL, then there is no EL and no IL game being played.

I would like to ask if anyone here would be interested in this trip to make it a carpooling. It's more fun and cheaper for everyone that way.
    Or does anyone know an Inverness CT fanclub or fan who drive to Inverness now and then and with whom I could carpool?

I tried finding a fanclub here in Belfast, but couldn't find one. According to the bartender of the NISC in South Belfast I'm the only Inverness fan in Northern Ireland he ever met
    So then I'll have to do it myself

To get to Inverness, the easiest and fastest is by air and then train, but for the sake of fun (I like roadtrips because you see a whole part of the country then) I was thinking of carpooling: taking the ferry at Larne, and then from Stranraer going to the north of the westcoast, then in North Scotland taking the main motorway east to Inverness.

Would anyone here be up for this idea, or does anyone know a fan/fanclub that would be?

PS: I didn't put this in the SPL thread because it is not really a league discussion, it's trying to organise a wee day out...
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Gerrit, I reckon you'll only find a Sunday game there if they are playing one of the Old Firm and are on Setanta. They're scheduled to play Rangers on Saturday 28th of January at home. I'd imagine there's a strong chance that'll be moved to a Sunday. But you can't take my word for it. I don't see any other chance of them having a Sunday game for a long time besides.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I agree with PS. I reckon Setanta are less than chuffed about having to ever send cameras there as it's so hard to get to (ends up costing more for transport etc) so there's no way they'll have a live game there unless it's got an Old Firm team in it.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    inverness from belfast is easy to reach now. been there a few times.
    easyjet fly out daily from belfast international. usually pretty cheap too...

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    maybe also flybe or jet2 fly that route also i think

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    http://www.skyscanner.net/map/

BMI and Easyjet do the route from Belfast.

I think you might struggle to get anyone to do a car trip unless it is a game against Rangers or Celtic, then possibly car share some of there fans if you know any).

Finally, what about doing a sort of coach tour/holiday. I am pretty sure you can get them to North scotland, might be a few old fogeys on it but at least you 'd get to see the country and it should be relatively cheap?
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew