Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Irish Fans in Canada: Pubs to Watch the Game at

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Irish Fans in Canada: Pubs to Watch the Game at

I thought I was going to have to watch the game via a ****e online stream but I went to setanta's website and after searching a bit I found that there are many venues in Canada showing the game.

Just go to this link [HTML]http://www.setanta.com/content/setanta/nappv/cms.nsf/systemcontent/venuefinder[/HTML] and search for a venue in your area that will be showing the game.

There are many in the Toronto area. I will be watching at the Irish Canadian Club in Hamilton!

come on you boys in green

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't suppose anyone out there knows the name of a pub showing the game in Halifax, Nova Scotia?

Somewhere on Argyle St., I'd imagine, if anyone out there knows the area.

I'm currently backpacking around Canada and caught the Cyprus game in Montreal (O' Regans) on Saturday. Paid 20 bucks for the privelege and did'nt even get to see the goal live. Took em' forever to set up the feckin' projector!!

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    yeah it sucks, i live in western canada and it's 20 bucks canadian for every match, adds up. ten qualifying games, that's 200 dollars, plus all the friendlies......

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vega007
    yeah it sucks, i live in western canada and it's 20 bucks canadian for every match, adds up. ten qualifying games, that's 200 dollars, plus all the friendlies......
    Don't get me started on Setanta. People tell me that two Summers ago they were charging just 10 bucks for the Ireland, GAA, rugby and that. And now look what they're doing.

They realise they are the monopoly owner of these rights. And that suckers (like me and you) would pay top dollar to see our national team play.

Its one of my quoted aims in life. Usurp those feckers and make Irish interest sports available to one and all at a reasonable price.

P.S. Setanta did'nt even carry the Ireland France game when I was in Vancouver.

Rant over. (I promised myself I was'nt going to do that!)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I might be interested in that crap online stream that you turned down... I can't find anywhere to watch the game tonight, as everywhere in town is showing England.

Ade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skbio_toronto
    Don't suppose anyone out there knows the name of a pub showing the game in Halifax, Nova Scotia?

Somewhere on Argyle St., I'd imagine, if anyone out there knows the area.

I'm currently backpacking around Canada and caught the Cyprus game in Montreal (O' Regans) on Saturday. Paid 20 bucks for the privelege and did'nt even get to see the goal live. Took em' forever to set up the feckin' projector!!

my friend- I lived in nova scotia for 2 years (halifax) and there's no chance of setanta been on. the only two irish games I saw whle living there were the french game on tv5 and canada friendly on sportsnet

the only pub that used to show games was pitchmans but they stopped ages ago when the manager was sacked

sorry

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry
    my friend- I lived in nova scotia for 2 years (halifax) and there's no chance of setanta been on. the only two irish games I saw whle living there were the french game on tv5 and canada friendly on sportsnet

the only pub that used to show games was pitchmans but they stopped ages ago when the manager was sacked

sorry

aha! Cansham.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Game is being shown at the Ireland Supporters Club on Ridgeway in Mississauga. There is also this website which I have used in the past when I could not get to the Club. www.Watchfootball.tv Might be worth a try if you are desperate

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry

sorry
    Cheers man. I've just rung around all the Irish pubs in Halifa that I could find in the yellow pages. And unsurprisingly most of them did'nt even know there was a 'soccer' match on today involving Ireland.

Ah blissful ignorance! Its going to be agony listening to the radio feed from Lansdowne Road. Last time I used it in Vancouver (for the France game) It would cut out every 5 minutes or so. I remember waiting desperately for Gabriel Egan to call off side for the Henry goal.

Alas, it was'nt to be. C'mon lads! Set the fire underneath yere arses for tonights game!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaucyJack
    aha! Cansham.

indeed and who might yoube oh saucy one?