Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Matches 15/16th March 2024

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    The Markets Field surface looked alright on Saturday for the Women's Premier Division opener, great result too.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    We're more toothless than the front row of a Daniel O'Donnell concert. The crowd were phenomenal though. I just worry that a good 1,000 or so of the recent attendances will fall away, if the majority of our season is made up of 0-0 draws and losses. We played a fairly average Rovers side and just couldn't get any decent attacks going. They are clinical despite playing well within themselves, and they killed us, winning ugly.
    Brilliant home crowd. The stadium was a breath of fresh air compared to others as were the home fans, guards and stewards.

Would agree we played within ourselves but I don't think any team is going to win pretty in Galway this season. That said, our goal was worthy of winning any game.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Regardless of your opinion its the truth. A source who volunteers regularly as hes regularly out there due to his commitments with the underage said it to us.The drain out the back is goosed. Whover owns the land behind the pitch wont go in and clear it out. How would you know? You dont even live in the county any more . Have some respect for your elders.
    Can't remember the last time I posted on this site but you know this is the LOI? A source? Deep Throat is it?
    You don't live in the county? Have some respect for your elders? What are you jawing about?

As you well know there has been very few games called off in Longford down through the years, pitch is normally bulletproof.

And not the first time a game in Longford has been called off? No ****! This is Ireland! The bank holiday we played Galway last year the pitch was like a lake the day before but was in perfect condition 24 hours later. Sometimes pitches don't make it, that's the end of the story.
    Sporting F*ck All!

5. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    We're more toothless than the front row of a Daniel O'Donnell concert. The crowd were phenomenal though. I just worry that a good 1,000 or so of the recent attendances will fall away, if the majority of our season is made up of 0-0 draws and losses. We played a fairly average Rovers side and just couldn't get any decent attacks going. They are clinical despite playing well within themselves, and they killed us, winning ugly.
    I would not expect your average to stay above 4k, but if its stays above the 3k mark would be very good. The away support from the Dublin clubs and Sligo Rovers should mean a few more games close to 4k gates.

7. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    After four home games, our average is currently 3,678, which is fantastic for Galway Utd. It's great to be back in the Premier and having the away section full, it really adds to the atmosphere. The pitch isn't in great shape at the minute, but nearly every match I go to I notice some small improvement somewhere in the ground, like a new coat of paint somewhere or the groundworks started for the new bar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Can't remember the last time I posted on this site but you know this is the LOI? A source? Deep Throat is it?
    You don't live in the county? Have some respect for your elders? What are you jawing about?

As you well know there has been very few games called off in Longford down through the years, pitch is normally bulletproof.

And not the first time a game in Longford has been called off? No ****! This is Ireland! The bank holiday we played Galway last year the pitch was like a lake the day before but was in perfect condition 24 hours later. Sometimes pitches don't make it, that's the end of the story.
    See, plastic pitches are the only way, no civil war on flooded piches!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Brilliant home crowd. The stadium was a breath of fresh air compared to others as were the home fans, guards and stewards.

Would agree we played within ourselves but I don't think any team is going to win pretty in Galway this season. That said, our goal was worthy of winning any game.
    Anyone see Celtic's second v STJ on Saturday? Mirror image of Kenny's goal.

Eamonn Deacy Park looked great on LOITV. I loved the MN/DC banner! Their groundsman is the uncle of a poster on this forum. Really well regarded. Seems like Galway FA play lots of games on the pitch. It looks like a good pitch but overrsused and victim of recent bad waether.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    See, plastic pitches are the only way, no civil war on flooded piches!!
    Thankfully, we're playing Athlone this week so barring a natural disaster in the Lissywoolen area we should get a game of ball at last.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    It's wet in Ireland lads. Really wet during Winter and Spring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    and getting wetter annually! I have never seen anything like before or after the Dundalk v Sligo Setanta Cup Final in Tallaght where the runoff from the road was pouring through the wall at the Square end. How that game was played still boggles the mind. Probably why such a major draining job was done at Tallaght not that long after. I wish i'd taken some footage it was mental.

What is the basis for a pitch being declared playable. Days of old I loved playing on a mud bath where you could end up sliding half the length of the pitch on one tackle. Is it player welfare, hard dry pitches are of greater risk, or is t0 to do simply with the product, maybe not wanting to further damage a surface. But of an old traditionalist me! You play the condidtions regardless if you are a team of silky footballers or complete hoofers.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 19/03/2024 at 9:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    My memory from that day was someone shouting “kick it into the deep end” when we were hanging on

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Lol yup that sums it up!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345