Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keane and Kerr row?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Keane and Kerr row?

It's on the front of the Herald so it probably true RK has had a bust up with Kerr over Robbie Keane partying the last few nights . I didn't buy the rag so that's all I saw while getting a sarnie in the shop for lunch.
    "I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd" Johnny Giles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotsy
    It's on the front of the Herald...

Right on cue, the failing rag churns out trash in order to attract a few red-top readers!
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this is all just a ploy to let the french team into thinking that we are f*cked in every way possible for this game with injuries and rows but really everythinng will be grand on match day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    lets hope so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

what a fúcking RAG . I HATE THAT NEWSPAPER

Its probably a load of bóllócks. It has been churing out lies about the EL for years, its just moved on to the national team.

Im not sure if Robbie and Heart should be out on the **** in the run up to such an important game. But I cant see Roy having a row with Kerr about it. Him back mending fences with Ireland and all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotsy
    the Herald... true.
    Ha ha. Good one!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    Its probably a load of bóllócks. It has been churing out lies about the EL for years, its just moved on to the national team.

Im not sure if Robbie and Heart should be out on the **** in the run up to such an important game. But I cant see Roy having a row with Kerr about it. Him back mending fences with Ireland and all.
    Well the latest thing I've heard is that Keane sent Kerr a text message last week complaining about the squad being assembled so early (Thursday) before the game - apparently he was less than impressed. Plus ca change... But all this is just filler and hot air, once the lads step out on the pitch the day after tomorrow (God, the nerves!) it'll all disappear, never to be spoken of again!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    True or not true, this is a direct consequence of the players in question having a bad attitude. McCarthy gave his players the benefit of the doubt and Babb & Kennedy let him down - 5 days before a match too. Robbie, Harte, Doc & co. have done the same. Even if the very worst consequence is bad publicity, that's bad enough. They have put Kerr in a thankless position. Idiots.

Kerr publicly claims he has no problem with their behaviour. I bet you the exact opposite is true. Remember he & Carr were said to have fallen out over something far more trivial. I've also heard that the players are unhappy with Kerr's strictness. On this basis I reckon it's unlikely that Keane and Kerr are at odds. But I think Keane would take a dim view of the night owls' behaviour.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wouldn't believe anything I'd read in that rag. One or two of the journalists who write for them are nothing short of thugs.

While I think that Robbie and co. were unprofessional (I was in Lillies to witness the whole episode), I don't think there are problems in the squad. As for the possibility of Keane complaining, he should do everyone a favour and keep his head down. When Babb and Kennedy were sent home by McCarthy five years ago, Keane publicly stated that he felt sympathetic towards the players and felt that they were harshly treated. The fact that he could now take the opposite view with this episode would render his rant somewhat hypocritical. And we all know that Roy has "principles" and is surely no hypocrit.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    This is usually the stuff we read about other squads when they visit Dublin: "Russian team in disarray"; "Swiss unhappy" etc and then they play out of their skins. Stuff and nonsense as the wife says. Keane (Roy) is not captain and should keep his mouth shut (IF he opened it) and let the manager run the team.

Focus on one thing only: les Blues and send them home black and bleu with nul points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    RMK is very passionate though and even though I think the story is a load of b0ll0cks, I don't doubt that he would say it to Kerr if they had been out. After all, he is a consumate pro and would expect and demand professionalism from the rest of the players in the run up to such a big game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If these guys were out on the pish on Friday before such a big game then hopefully Kerr (no matter what he says publicly) has given them a good bollocking himself. There are people on other treads here talking about handing over hundreds of euro to touts to see this match and these guys are behaving like amateurs before such a big match

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm sure it's true but nothing to worry about. The Boy Roy would start a fight in an empty room.
    Bye bye Stan. Go off back to collecting cones you useless git.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    As the saying says - a newspaper never refused ink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Tbh I couldnt care less if they went out and had 20 pints last friday once they do the business on wednesday
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    Tbh I couldnt care less if they went out and had 20 pints last friday once they do the business on wednesday
    I think the point is they are less likely to do the business if they are living the highlife non?
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    [SIZE=7]FAIL TO PREPARE - PREPARE TO FAIL[/SIZE]

If Robbie and hart doesnt look match fit then they have sold Ireland off for a good night out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Doubt going out on the lash 5 mights before a match is going to have much effect on them. As Kerr himself said, it's like a player going out on a monday night before a saturday match. Or do you expect footballers not to have a few pints at all ?

As long as a player does the business on the pitch i couldnt care less what they do off it
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    Doubt going out on the lash 5 mights before a match is going to have much effect on them. As Kerr himself said, it's like a player going out on a monday night before a saturday match. Or do you expect footballers not to have a few pints at all ?

As long as a player does the business on the pitch i couldnt care less what they do off it
    The thing is that they have been out 3 or 4 nights in a row on total benders. How can that be good for anyones bodys less than a week before a cruical WCQ ? very bad form to even think about it doing it so close to our biggest match since the Holland WCQ in Lansdowne.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I just don't think it is the best preparation for a game of this importance to be out on the **** five days before it. I don't care one way or the other if Roy Keane is annoyed about it. If it happened then I would expect Kerr to be fuming and I expect he is whatever he may say in public. That's the best way to play it from thepoint of view of the team and keeping concentration on the game at this stage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast