Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOI 2024 Fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Home to Shels for our opener is a decent one, reminds me of our opener against them back in our return to premier league footie in 2003, a 0-4 battering in-front of a live orchestral thingie, good times, hopefully a much better result this time around ^^

Fairly sure our second game was away to Drogheda which happens to be our second game again this time around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    GW1:

Bohs v Sligo
    Derry v Drogs
    Galway v Pats
    Waterford v Shels
    Shamrock v Dundalk

How many of these games do we think will sell out? I think you could make an argument for all of them.

I think you could make an argument for Galway v Pats being the opening day tv game too. The stadium looks well on tv and it'll be much harder to make a case for Galway being on tv once we get into the season.

I know the people who make the calls probably don't give too much of a sod but would be a good chance to get the Galway box ticked nice and early.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    The only fixture I care about is Cork v Kerry. It's great!
    Kerry people have spoken about feeling out of place going to Turner's Cross in years gone by. Just not the same. Token support is all it was.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I asked the very same question. It's a strange one how they were allowed to remain at 8pm.
    Ah come on now Nigel don't be silly. One is a Dublin based club the other is from Donegal, can't expect the same rules to apply
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yurt View Post
    GW1:

Bohs v Sligo
    Derry v Drogs
    Galway v Pats
    Waterford v Shels
    Shamrock v Dundalk

How many of these games do we think will sell out? I think you could make an argument for all of them.

I think you could make an argument for Galway v Pats being the opening day tv game too. The stadium looks well on tv and it'll be much harder to make a case for Galway being on tv once we get into the season.

I know the people who make the calls probably don't give too much of a sod but would be a good chance to get the Galway box ticked nice and early.
    I’d say it will be very hard to get an away ticket for this one. It’s the new reality in the league. It was a shock to the system last season but the growth in our supporter has been huge.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    The shifting forward of fixtures for rounds 24 and 25 between the European participating clubs will mean for 7 weeks those 4 teams will have played two games more than the other 6 teams

Surely it would have made for sense for competition and interest purposes to move the fixtures with one round earlier in the season like they have done April/May and another later in the season like September. It also means in Shels instance we will have played Pats and Rovers 3 times before the end of May so games between the most likely top teams are lopsided to earlier in the season
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yurt View Post
    GW1:

Bohs v Sligo
    Derry v Drogs
    Galway v Pats
    Waterford v Shels
    Shamrock v Dundalk

If any get televised it'll be Rovers-Dundalk. For lots of reasons (including the fact RTE don't like leaving Dublin).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12