Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Bundesliga!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bundesliga!

Heading over to Hamburg with a few mates in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone would know of anywhere on the web that sells tickets (reasonably priced) for matches?Hamburg are playing Bayern while we're over there.

Have tried the official Hamburg site but I don't speak German and can't make out if they're available online!Cheers for any help
    "All I have in this world is my balls and my word,and I don't break em for noone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    From watcing highlights on TV most games aren't near sold out so i'd guess you'd get them at the ground
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    There's an English forum on here: http://hsv-pinnwand.de/forum/index.php?

Post a message up.

Also, keep an eye on the shop on this site:
    http://www.hsv-sc.de/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana
    Heading over to Hamburg with a few mates in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone would know of anywhere on the web that sells tickets (reasonably priced) for matches?Hamburg are playing Bayern while we're over there.
    The website, www.euroteam.info , sell tickets for all Bundesliga games, if you're prepared to pay very high prices for them, and they're the cheapest you'll get!!

Was in Hamburg a few months ago, and went to the ground, even though there was no game on. If you're going to the stadium by underground, take the S-Bahn line to Stellingen in the West of the city, and walk from there to the stadium. It's 1500m from the station, and well signposted en-route.

If you're into red light districts, Hamburg is a nice place to go to. If you're not, it's generally dull and unfortunately, not recommended.

Went to Bayern against Hertha at the brand new Allianz Arena at the weekend, and it's great for atmosphere. Second-half goals from Ballack, Scholl, and Makaay gave Bayern a 3-0 win, which returned them to the top of the league.

Made a pleasant change from the usual diet of the overhyped one-team Premiership title chase.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ........but I don't speak German and can't make out if they're available online!Cheers for any help
    You don't speak German? Warum nicht? It's only the most widely spoken lingo in the EU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fcuk HSV and their large element of nasty rascist fans, go and watch St. Pauli if there at home, great pubs in the area and the finest group of fans that I have ever met anywhere in the world. - Not to far from the Reprebahn either - Fair enough not the most stylish ground in the world and the standard of football isn't up to much but you can go and watch a Real v Barca match and see a dull 0-0 draw, live on the wild side a little. (BTW even HSV fans admit that the AOL is a vast soulless bowl)

Otherwise any time that I have gone to watch a Bundesliga match I have e-mailed the club directly and they have been excelent in getting back to me with accurate information and I have normally been able to reserve tickets this way. Get to the ground early and have a few drinks at the stalls outside. At HSV the have a drinking game with snapps where neck a small bottle and read the back of the label on the front of the bottle which will have two numbers on it the person who has the highest aggregate score is the loser and has to buy a round for his/her mates.

Also if the HSV match is sold out jump on a train and go and watch a game somewhere else the trains are sound and some even have beer on draft in the buffet/bar section.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat O' Banton

Otherwise any time that I have gone to watch a Bundesliga match I have e-mailed the club directly and they have been excelent in getting back to me with accurate information and I have normally been able to reserve tickets this way.
    Also if the HSV match is sold out jump on a train and go and watch a game somewhere else the trains are sound and some even have beer on draft in the buffet/bar section.
    I did same with buying a Werder Bremen Jersey. Went onto the club site and tried to order a jersey the traditional way but no English version. So emailed the shop and they were back onto me in mins. Have managed to buy a long-sleeved Bremen Champions lge jersey with name number and cl logo.

And the trains are excellent.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have tried the official Hamburg site but I don't speak German and can't make out if they're available online!Cheers for any help
    then theres always sankt pauli- possibly the maddest club anywhere

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto eile
    then theres always sankt pauli- possibly the maddest club anywhere
    Was given a shirt of theirs some years back as a gift. Brown and White Stripes with red piping down each stripe. The entire back of the shirt was brown. Gank shirt, great club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah... St. Pauli are away in the darkest reaches of Eastern Germany.

It maybe v. difficult to get tickets for the game as (according to the German FA website) the last three seasons have been sell outs.

Alternatives are Schalke at home (couple of hours on the train) or Bremen at home (about an hour) Fixtures are on www.dfb.de - German FA website with English section and www.deutsche-bahn.co.uk for train times. If you go you'll be back in Hamburg in plenty of time for the night life, oh yeah try the Fish Market on the early hours of Sunday morning - 5/6am 24hour bars and by then they'll all be good craic (to you at least.) Also watch out for normal looking bars whose staff offer slightly more then a pint and a smile, there too easy to walk into without knowing until its too late.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.