Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matches week 23/10 to 30/10

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Dearie me, yet another stonewall peno for bohs not even considered, by a ref who’s having a good game too. Very frustrating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Was a bad called alright Dermo.

Goalfest too tonight.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    Interesting final day ahead as it stands - Shels, Dundalk and Bohs all on 55 points in the race for fourth. (Which will only be relevant if Pat's win the Cup)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Oh lord we’re falling asunder now, second daft goal conceded, bad subs from the boss, not lookin too good for the final, what a let down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Interesting final day ahead as it stands - Shels, Dundalk and Bohs all on 55 points in the race for fourth. (Which will only be relevant if Pat's win the Cup)
    That of course is dependent on us hanging on ten minutes without conceding, which didn't happen...

Rovers get a late goal in Inchicore though which surely seals the 4-in-a-row

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    If Devine does not win the cup then he can pack his bags.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Jaysus. That's terrible play from Bohs.

Hopeless defending for two games in a row.
    Echoes of 2021 at the moment- we won't make 4th, and it all riding on the final v pats. Confidence and form on the floor going into the last match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohtastic View Post
    Echoes of 2021 at the moment- we won't make 4th, and it all riding on the final v pats. Confidence and form on the floor going into the last match.
    A Pat's win would mean fourth get Europe, and Shels need a draw in Drogheda next week to confirm that, assuming Dundalk don't beat us by four or more, which isn't impossible.

Would be Shels' first time in Europe since the Ollie Byrne era. Duffer's done a good job, even if the overall standard of the league seems quite poor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    That was easy in the end ….. and the leagues most successful club just got more successful …. And Bradley becomes the first manager to win 4 titles in a row and counting .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Great win for us. Both teams were poor but we just had enough.
    Bizarre at the end when all the Bohs players stood still in front of the away end as their fans gave them abuse. Weird behaviour towards a team in the cup final.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    A Pat's win would mean fourth get Europe, and Shels need a draw in Drogheda next week to confirm that, assuming Dundalk don't beat us by four or more, which isn't impossible.

Would be Shels' first time in Europe since the Ollie Byrne era. Duffer's done a good job, even if the overall standard of the league seems quite poor.
    Yiz just couldnt hang on for another couple of minutes

I dont get what the issue is for Devine but every side he has managed scorches out of the blocks and then fade badly in the end. Dont know how Dundalk are in with the slightest of chance of 4th and Europe, that said there have been some awful points chucked away and could or should be 10 or so points better off and that takes in to consideration smash and grab at Drogheda eg. Its been a long and forgetable season, theres been much worse yet this one feels oddly similar.

Congrats to Rovers, you only have to be as good as you need to be and 4 i a row is some achievement - its a shame it was an unspectacular 4th but no Rovers fans will care and the record books wont have 'worst stand league season ever' astericked in. What would be spectacular and would influence my thoughts on Bradleys limitations as a manager would be if he stays and rebuilds another title winning side, 4 in a row isnt enough for that.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Bradley certainly pulling no punches in that post match interview. Unless the board don’t back him, I reckon he’ll be there next season.

As Mark Twain once said, 'The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I dont get what the issue is for Devine but every side he has managed scorches out of the blocks and then fade badly in the end.
    I remember all the Derry fans saying this when he became manager. My own view is his personality galvanises players when he joins a club but that only gets you so far. When things go wrong he seems to have no Plan B and therefore can’t adapt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Bradley certainly pulling no punches in that post match interview. Unless the board don’t back him, I reckon he’ll be there next season.

As Mark Twain once said, 'The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated.'
    I think you’re spot on in your interpretation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    I remember all the Derry fans saying this when he became manager. My own view is his personality galvanises players when he joins a club but that only gets you so far. When things go wrong he seems to have no Plan B and therefore can’t adapt.
    I suppose if he dosent win the final he'll be gone,he wasnt Fenlon's appointment and he'll probably have no qualms letting him go.....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Great to get it out of the way tonight and my second 4 in a row. We haven't been great this season but we've been good enough. Here's to next season and a better start then this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    At this stage you'd think hed have come up with something, the obvious one being to get in a savvy assistant who as a management team could have the man management and personality with a tactician and eye for signings that will work. His 1st Free scoring Derry were one of the most enjoyable Derry sides Id seen play in Oriel for years but by the 2nd or 3rd round of games it all went backward and he's been on rinse and repeat ever since in each job. What the old say, madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. On recent form its hard to see the cup win unless he can pull one final player rousing speech from the 1st week of the job.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    "Even if Shamrock Rovers eventually get their act together, it may already be too late for title hopes".

????

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I've seen 2 4inarow's now
    Would be great to see 5, and if Rovers can keep 60% of that squad and the management team there really isn't anything to suggest they'll get close competition next season.
    Champions again ole ole, Champions again ole ole, Champions again, Champions again, Champions again ole ole.
    Over and out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Have to say tonight only made me have more faith in Daly. He on paper weakened the team but the general set-up had us neck and neck with Rovers in general play until their squad depth won out, as it has done previously. The amount of academy lads playing in such a game is a great message to send out.

If it's the case that Gaffney is out of contract then Rovers would be mad not to do all they can to keep him on. At this level he's an excellent player.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast