Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 92 of 111 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2215

Thread: Next Senior Men's Team Manager - Runners and Riders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Would honestly rather have O'Shea than Poyet. Usually I'd take the entertaining disaster over the mediocre failure, but Poyet strikes me as a balloon apart.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,636 Posts
    I'd take Poyet as I think he is the better manager and a proven one at that. It will be, if its him, an absolute rollercoaster ride and doesn't seem like the type of decision that the FAI would make [I typically would associate them with fairly conservative or safe appointments]. It could blow up spectacularly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    yeah dont get the poyet clamour. we were a shambles against them and he showed up kenny, fine. other than that his results were pretty similar to ours. its a sidways move

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    I'm still naively hoping that the FAI actually have a candidate lined up and O'Shea was never being considered, although the way he was speaking and the way he lined up his team yesterday really felt as if someone had a word with him that it was a possibility.

It would be illogical and nonsensical to let Kenny go on a results basis and decline applicants on the basis of not having international management experience only to wind up hiring Kenny's assistant coach with no management experience with a team of ex-player buddies with no coaching experience. An unimaginable shambles even by the FAI's standards.

At least Poyet is an experienced manager who'll bring with him a team of experienced coaches like Nus and Taricco so we might have some semblance of a professional outfit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    If they are not announcing for two weeks it's not JOS....why would they wait?

Drumroll...and here he is...get ready...get ready...please welcome... John O'Shea!!(comes out from behind curtain) (scattered polite clapping) (sounds of snoring)

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I'd take Poyet as I think he is the better manager and a proven one at that. It will be, if its him, an absolute rollercoaster ride and doesn't seem like the type of decision that the FAI would make [I typically would associate them with fairly conservative or safe appointments]. It could blow up spectacularly.
    What has he done to prove he's a good manager Stu. Steve Bruce honestly has a better CV than him
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Slip out the back, Jack
    Make a new plan, Stan
    Don't need to be coy, Roy
    Hop on the bus, Gus
    Drop off the key, Lee

I always hated that song with a passion.

But I do feel like things with the FAI are slip slidin away sometimes, and we are sort of on a bridge over troubled waters (just not in Baltimore thankfully)

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,636 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    What has he done to prove he's a good manager Stu. Steve Bruce honestly has a better CV than him
    it was a response in relation to O'Shea v Poyet.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2024...or-discussion/

Speaking after an FAI board meeting today, president Cooke said: "We got an update on the recruitment process for the men’s team manager.
    "We’re on schedule for an April announcement. The [exact] timing is not certain at this moment in time."
    Cook declined to say whether O’Shea was in the running after he took charge of the friendlies against Belgium and Switzerland, adding: "We’ve narrowed the process well down. It will be revealed in April.
    "We would be comfortable that the candidate will fit into our plan and processes going forward.
    "The intention is that the manager will start as soon as possible."

Could Cooke not have just come out and said " Johns done a great job for the 2 games he was asked to manage, but the permanent manager will take over in April". Instead its more spin, no answers about anything and not ever ruling O'Shea out. Theres more secrecy that who shot JFK, and for what? That statement to me reeks of them scrambling because theres nothing in place

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2024...or-discussion/

Speaking after an FAI board meeting today, president Cooke said: "We got an update on the recruitment process for the men’s team manager.
    "We’re on schedule for an April announcement. The [exact] timing is not certain at this moment in time."
    Cook declined to say whether O’Shea was in the running after he took charge of the friendlies against Belgium and Switzerland, adding: "We’ve narrowed the process well down. It will be revealed in April.
    "We would be comfortable that the candidate will fit into our plan and processes going forward.
    "The intention is that the manager will start as soon as possible."

Could Cooke not have just come out and said " Johns done a great job for the 2 games he was asked to manage, but the permanent manager will take over in April". Instead its more spin, no answers about anything and not ever ruling O'Shea out. Theres more secrecy that who shot JFK, and for what? That statement to me reeks of them scrambling because theres nothing in place
    I'd suspect they've got a handshake agreement with person X that an agreed contact will be signed in April, pending the close of a previous contract that they have/had. They're not saying more until a contract is actually signed. Can't imagine O'Shea was ever really in the running... My assumption is it's Poyet, purely based on his contractual situation. Not the most inspired appointment, but certainly a better appointment than O'Shea, Lennon etc. Expect him to fall out with a bunch of players and alienate the fanbase by not playing someone obvious (Ogbene? Cullen?) before coming 3rd in the next two qualification campaigns and leaving. Good times ahead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Does JOS have a little pride, even if this is his only option?

Twist in the wind for a while, mate, if we can't find anyone else to take the job, and we mean anyone, like if we get turned down by Steve McClaren, we will announce you as next manager sometime after Wrestlemania.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Would honestly rather have O'Shea than Poyet. Usually I'd take the entertaining disaster over the mediocre failure, but Poyet strikes me as a balloon apart.
    Minor piece of trivia: When Poyet was at Spurs, his nickname was "Radio" - he never stops talking.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    I'd suspect they've got a handshake agreement with person X that an agreed contact will be signed in April, pending the close of a previous contract that they have/had. They're not saying more until a contract is actually signed. Can't imagine O'Shea was ever really in the running... My assumption is it's Poyet, purely based on his contractual situation. Not the most inspired appointment, but certainly a better appointment than O'Shea, Lennon etc. Expect him to fall out with a bunch of players and alienate the fanbase by not playing someone obvious (Ogbene? Cullen?) before coming 3rd in the next two qualification campaigns and leaving. Good times ahead
    I still think the Poyet rumours are just a case of people putting 2 & 2 together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    I still think the Poyet rumours are just a case of people putting 2 & 2 together.
    I hope so

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    560 Posts
    Maybe it's going to be Jesus ~ ~ He will be free in April ~ ~ Sort of , out of contract.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    859 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Maybe it's going to be Jesus ~ ~ He will be free in April ~ ~ Sort of , out of contract.
    Knows a thing or two about crosses.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    If it is Poyet (it's still and if, but I'm not disappointed that I stuck a fiver on him a few weeks back at 13/2), I think he could do well. He passes the sniff test, and the manner in which he outfoxed Kenny gives him a degree of credibility that none of the other seemingly available candidates can claim.

Apart from that he's a big personality. He would clearly be far more glamourous than Stephen Kenny. There were rumours that something the FAI wanted was a manager who would base himself in Ireland. If it is him, and he has agreed to that, I could see him charming the Irish public in a way we've not seen since Big Jack.

We're a very different country than we were when Jack was in charge, but we still don't get many Uruguayans to the half dozen. If he got out and about in the car and took his South American charm around the country handing out medals to kids at end of season awards days and standing behind the goal at League of Ireland games, this island could fall in love with him.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    And could turn Waters into....ah crap, years too late.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Will always come back from the dead at the end of games

23. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    And could turn Waters into....ah crap, years too late.
    We're making fun of Christians / Catholics now?

Page 92 of 111 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast