Page 55 of 112 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2233

Thread: Next Senior Men's Team Manager - Runners and Riders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    He'd be more conservative so yeah I'd say he'd have gotten better results than Kenny.
    I agree.
    I still think Mick McCarthy should have been allowed see out his fixtures. We were starting to get some performances going under him. Switzerland and Denmark were solid performances under McCarthy.
    Then Kenny took over and the sh!tshow began. Beaten by Luxembourg etc
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Would Keane have had better results than Stephen Kenny?
    I dont think so, and I think he would have gotten similar results while stubbornly persisting with the likes of Randolph, Jeff Hendrick, Long, Hourihane and others who were way past their sell by date. I think we'd be in a position now similar to when McCarthy took over from Jack where it was a aging squad, that had to be rebuilt completely.

One of my biggest criticisms of Kenny in the end was that he lost the courage of his conviction and went back to Duffy and McClean instead of continuing to blood younger players. It didnt help with results and I thought it showed he lost his bottle.

The new manager coming in now has a squad with the average age of about 23 and a lot of a caps. That can only be a positive going forward. My personal opinion is that I dont think we'd have been in a similar situation had Keane taken over instead of Kenny.
    Last edited by Razors left peg; 13/02/2024 at 3:44 PM.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Shay Given on RTE more or less confirming it's not going to be Carsley this time, but that he may be interested in the future. Gave the impression he'd spoken to him and didn't want to say anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    Shay saying it's his understanding its not Carsley... is that from talking to Carsley or from reading the Daily Mail. It didn't sound like he's in the know when he started listing the others linked.

https://twitter.com/RTEsport/status/...wWytS6_SA&s=19

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    564 Posts
    Rabbit from Hat time !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,643 Posts
    This whole process is an absolute shambles.

Where are the leaks FFS!

7. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    483 Posts
    Once again with the fai we lie down with clowns and we wake up with a red nose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    722 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    OTB listeners and anyone that comments on social media..... quite a large amount of people within that Tets!
    foot.ie is a form of social media.

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    564 Posts
    I suppose Roy Keane would be a Money Generator until it all goes wrong, but maybe ( definitely ) the FAI would be happy to make money !

Ah ~ Things are desperate !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I originally thought John Eustace would have been a good choice but he was eventually snapped up by Blackburn. Then there seemed to be some hope of Carsley taking the job but alas that ship seems to have sailed. What are we left with, Lennon, Roy Keane, Chris Haughton, not really inspiring.

What would people think of Robbie Keane. He seems to have made a great start in Israel and might be happy to leave that troubled part of the world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Looking like Plan B - Lennon. Unless something incredible happens.

Hopefully they hold off as long as possible. Not looking forward to the weeks of whinging once he's confirmed.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    483 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    Looking like Plan B - Lennon. Unless something incredible happens.

Hopefully they hold off as long as possible. Not looking forward to the weeks of whinging once he's confirmed.
    Let the whinging begin, this is our lead candidate

Neil Lennon drunk (youtube.com)

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    Starting to think the delay is about convincing people within FAI higher echelons to get onboard with Lennon. It would be a disaster. I'm just imagining press asking every player about his personal life and if they're comfortable playing for him.

Aside from him not being an especially great manager of course.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Let the whinging begin, this is our lead candidate

Neil Lennon drunk (youtube.com)
    Meh. Let her who is without sin cast the first stone. I've seen plenty of Irish fans drunk when abroad for games. I've been been drunk when abroad for games (if not that drunk)

Social media makes people think they have a right to film famous people at it and shout abuse at them. **** that.

There may be many reasons why Lennon wouldn't be a good choice, but I don't think that's one

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    He'd be more conservative so yeah I'd say he'd (Keane) have gotten better results than Kenny.
    No one could have done worse.
    Last edited by Snapshot; 14/02/2024 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Reading between the lines it seems like the FAI are prepared to pay a full time wage for a full time appointment, or a part time wage for a part time appointment, but not a full time wage for a guy who wants to fly in and out around fixtures. I imagine Kenny was around Abbotstown and around the country and was seen to be doing the job in a different way from his predecessors who weren’t in the country between international windows.

I find it hard to argue that point. Carsley’s family situation probably makes relocating to Ireland impossible, and what the FAI view as being a fair wage for a part timer is likely significantly less than he could expect to attract in England.

It's a classic stand off really. I don’t think anyone is really in the wrong. Perhaps Lennon is the most qualified candidate prepared to relocate to this side of the Irish Sea (much easier for a guy who’s originally from Lurgan tbf). But the fact’s are that Lennon’s baggage makes him completely unsuitable.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/neil...-knife-7043869

How in the name of God can he go and sit on the couch on the Late Late and expect this not to come up? No serious football association in western Europe can appoint someone to the most senior coaching role in their country with that sort of past. The inevitable reaction would make his appointment impossible to sustain even if they do foolishly go for it. The questions simply won't end until he resigns.

If the FAI want someone who will relocate to this island to take the job, that’s not necessarily a bad idea. But they might have to get a little imaginative in casting their net than looking at who’s doing the rounds as occasional pundits on TV. Celtic didn’t find Ange Postecoglou sitting on a Sky Sports sofa.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

19. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    483 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Meh. Let her who is without sin cast the first stone. I've seen plenty of Irish fans drunk when abroad for games. I've been been drunk when abroad for games (if not that drunk)

Social media makes people think they have a right to film famous people at it and shout abuse at them. **** that.

There may be many reasons why Lennon wouldn't be a good choice, but I don't think that's one

its one of the biggest jobs in Irish sport. Give us a break , we just need a pro, a real professional, a guy who can lead on and off the pitch, not a ****ed bully, who threaten to slit a women throat
    we have had enough torture over the last few years. That clip is of some who has issues and not like you in faired of someone on a night out wit the boys. They don't look like his mates in the clip

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,243 Posts
    Ah ****** to that. This sanctimonious guff of "Famous person can't get ****ed" doesn't hold any water for me.

The bully and the knife stuff wasn't in the clip you shared.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    We all lose our minds when someone says Carsley is in or out. Clearly things haven't gone as smoothly as the FAI would have liked but until I hear something officially from Carsley or the FAI I won't believe he's in or out. If Kilbane says something I'll be more concerned than Shay saying it.

Kilbane had a throwaway bit at the end of his article a couple weeks ago about Kerr and that he should be involved. No one has said anything about it since, including Kerr. He's been surprisingly quiet... all this delay couldn't be for Carsley trying to get Kerr on his staff could it???

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    483 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Ah ****** to that. This sanctimonious guff of "Famous person can't get ****ed" doesn't hold any water for me.

The bully and the knife stuff wasn't in the clip you shared.
    But you're aware of the knife incident? But you have decided to give him the benefit of the doubt

Fine that's you. I wasn't born yesterday and I know a problem when I see it.