Page 50 of 121 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2415

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If my sources are right games being pulled left and right and what I’m being told Castleview pitch was unplayable booked All weather for sat evening to make sure game goes ahead Aul told um sat evening didn’t suit Waterloo so apparently pitch is playable game going ahead tomorrow on pitch Chips where is this game being played man.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LetItLong11 View Post
    As already said, pitches should be fine this weekend, its just too easy for a team to say the pitch is unplayable if they are missing a few. Was the rule that if a team said their pitch was unplayable, the other team could play it at their home venue ever implemented? Even introducing this would stop some bit of it as they would not take the chance of having to travel and losing home advantage

Hopefully some games go ahead anyway
    Ah stop. Bit of common sense here. Plenty of MSL games postponed today already. What part of the world are you living in where pitches are fine this weekend? If ever there was a time to moan about games being called off this weekend isn’t one of them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    Know few xx weeks back coachford called game and Grattan pitch was playable and Aul still called it off
    Might be worth noting Grattan pulled the game before Christmas against Coachford too. Teams are pulling fast ones every week. Not sure why Coachford are singled out each time when there’s teams in the City pulling games week in week out. Every club is as bad as each other, it’s too easy to cancel games but as Latte said a lot of MSL called off with the rain this week already.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    @Cityboy66
    The Aul pulled the Grattan game .
    The version I got was the Aul personally inspected the pitch and contacted the Coachford sec personally . Nothing to do with Grattan.

Coachford get a bit of stick because of the Gaa thing an the fact that it's common knowledge they do it , christ they boast about it themselves ffs.

Castleview with another good win......
    Grattan with another 3 points.
    Knocka and Glenthorn are denied by the weather no great surprise and as a previous poster just said there are senior league clubs shut down this weekend so fair dues to those who have to tough it out.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AULlegend View Post
    Lads I’ve been reading these threads for years and never joined. Our league is a shambles.

Harsh ref, pitches are fine to play on, most teams just don’t want to play games. I bet 95% of CBL games will go ahead.

It’s a sad day for the AUL when well established teams are sick of it and are in the process of joining the shipping league! Our club included! And I’m all for it!!

I’ve won everything there is to win in the AUL, and would be well known in Cork soccer circles, and I’m sad it’ll come to this. But they haven’t changed with the times!

Games go ahead! The standard is quite good now! And the league is properly run. Apart from a couple of teams in our top division - the CBL is superior now! The recent cup finals with commentary and live steams is only something we can dream of.
    Lad, the shipping has a great social media presence, and 99% of the teams there play Astro so the games do go ahead more than not, but to say it’s superior is laughable, Doolans cow are a fine side, been saying it for years, the second best would be Jaybazz or Ash who are both mid table premier A at a stretch, the rest or division one or below, the standard between the AUL and CBl is a fairly substantial gap, the cow went 5 or 6 years without losing a game, how in gods name can you say it’s superior, any player wanting to play at the highest level they can play at will play AUL if they can’t get into their local senior team. Even the cow as good as they are would centrally lose games if they were AUL premier, they’d challenge for sure but they definitely wouldn’t be out in the pub the night before roll up and spanking a Team 6,7,8-0

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    And to further my point I think the CBLs performance in the Oscar traynor speaks for itself, it’s the weakest of the 4 junior leagues in cork, by quite a bit

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballwasthere View Post
    And to further my point I think the CBLs performance in the Oscar traynor speaks for itself, it’s the weakest of the 4 junior leagues in cork, by quite a bit
    Fully agree.Cbl may be streets head in terms of social media etc but not a hope their league is better.
    They entered Oscar traynor and got absolutely battered!!
    The cow are a fine side bit possibly not as strong as previous years and a few years back when they were stronger,village beat them.
    Outside of the cow not 1 cbl team would last in the Premier.
    Andy sulls and Jay buzz decent but mid table prem A at best.

Drop down a division to crookstown currently winning the 1st division and they are made up of cloughduv celtic rejects.cloughduv folded after taking absolute hammerings in aul 1 and then aul 2.

So better organised in terms of pitches,social media,website definitely but not a hope better teams!
    Last edited by Broadway Joe; 27/01/2024 at 4:35 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I do agree with bits of the first post, it’s definitely better organised, it’s more promoted accessible etc. but in terms of the teams in the league it’s night and day, the live streaming of finals on Facebook would be a nice touch, don’t see why the AUL couldn’t implement that, the GAA do it all the time

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Was at Castleview game, pitch was perfect and was a game on down the bottom pitch also Temple were playing too pitch looked perfect too.

Even rockmount park was open this weekend that’s been closed since September ??

CBL is not all it’s made out to be on this thread! Beware grass is always greener…….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    People like to create problems to hide some of their own club’s inadequacies always someone else’s fault.

To be fair you could see how some pitches would be unplayable but there is definitely messing around going on.

You can be sure some clubs calling all these games off will be complaining when the AUL fire games at them when the weather improves.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The grass is greener at CBL for people who want to play games and have a fair league. Look at the tables.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Having a great social media profile dose not mean you have a better league.

It just means you have a better social media profile.

It's dosent automatically empower you with game changing players and abilities.

For all the Auls failings , at least they had the cop on to not enter the hardest
    to win non professional competition in the country ( The Oscar Traynor ) .

Fair dues for the CBL for giving it a go ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the results spoke volumes.

Bar getting a free top , what was it all for

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I've been in AUL for 3 decades, I wish for it to be better. We know the AUL has better players. But, AUL are in control of all the faults and teams are looking at the CBL with what they do.

€500 to clubs this year pit of Cork.
    €100 to all teams in cup finals.
    Match Balls, training balls and gear to all teams.
    FAI Connect will be properly in place before AUL.
    Refs assigned correctly and showing up at games.
    GAA, not a thing, not a reason for preference.

I agree the standard is higher in AUL. But, this is the best AUL Premier in years, but, it will be worse every year after this.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It was declining for a few years and all of a sudden the top theee leagues are strong, how is it all downhill you could have said the same thing a few years ago and it’s been the best it’s been since park and kilreen went senior

All in all you have to do what’s best for the club and if that means going to a different league then I think nobody here would begrudge anybody, it’s a forum for discussing football so all the best to all who participate at least there’s the option for fellas

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    Having a great social media profile dose not mean you have a better league.

It just means you have a better social media profile.

It's dosent automatically empower you with game changing players and abilities.

For all the Auls failings , at least they had the cop on to not enter the hardest
    to win non professional competition in the country ( The Oscar Traynor ) .

Fair dues for the CBL for giving it a go ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the results spoke volumes.

Bar getting a free top , what was it all for
    Agreed, if a fella wants to play against players that are below his standard for his own ego all to their own but everybody should be playing to the highest standard there ability allows, if you’d rather prefer a few pictures for your Facebook then all the best, people will always complain about the AUL but I think the last year or two has been positive for the growth of the league, more social media (not everybody’s cup of tea but I can see why people like it, to see results on the day etc.) is a big thing, pepper since he came in is at every single game engaging lads on the line, the AUL is going nowhere, I’m hearing it since 07 when I started playing in the league, I’m gone 5 years and it’s still there and stronger this year than the last few

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Not a dig at you either play it out, just talking in general for the lads I’m hearing are apparently senior standard and playing cbl

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    City Wanderers must be in big trouble, couldn’t field this morning against Coachford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    So is that City Wanders and Blackpool in trouble so?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Covid has had a massive impact on clubs , people lost interest , now with weather and a lack of refs young fellas are wondering why the hell am i staying in on a Friday or Saturday night for this?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    So is that City Wanders and Blackpool in trouble so?
    Sure looks like it. Shame to see.. The Gratts back to winning ways after the disappointment last weekend. Great to see

Page 50 of 121 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast