Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kanoute to Seville ..good for robbie ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kanoute to Seville ..good for robbie ?

Has to be good news hearing kanoute go to seville ? Unless it means they bringing someone else in ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I don't think Kanoute would have featured much under Jol anyway tbh, I think Robbie was already ahead of him on the pecking order.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    still though robbie isnt going to be sold now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeah but they'll definately bring someone else in which puts him in the same boat as now I think.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Not if continues his pre season form and has a 25 goal season
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    On the surface this is good for Robbie. But Jol is canny and he wouldn't have let Kanoute go without having someone lined up.

Dirk Kuijt of Feyenoord. He has been consistently linked with the Premiership and with good reason. I'd say it'll be 7/8 million deal.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Spurs need 4 strikers and remember that Mido is only only load at Spurs too. I think the money they will get for Kanoute could be used to sign Jenas.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    Spurs need 4 strikers and remember that Mido is only only load at Spurs too. I think the money they will get for Kanoute could be used to sign Jenas.
    Without being smart Neil, I understand the point you're making but I don't think Jenas will be priority for them. I think that was just paper talk anyway.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We will see, I am not one to believe what is printed in the papers but I do think that he is on his way out of Newcastle and Arsenal have said they are not in the running. He also fits into the policy of recruiting young english players

Huddlestone
    Lennon
    Routledge
    Dawson
    Davenport
    Defoe
    Carrick
    Robinson

I would not swear he is going to SPurs but put it this way It woudl not suprise me if he ends up at White Harte Lane. I think Robbie will stay at spurs and he should stay there as Spurs will be pushing hard for the 5th spot if not 4th if Liverpool dont learn how to deal with coming back from European trips.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    well it depends, if Jol signs a fourth top striker then its bad news for Robbie. Kanoute was below robbie in the pekking order and a top class striker would give him as many chances as Clint in brummyham

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Robbie got his best return in his career last season so I dont see th big worry. The days of a guy playing week in and week out are gone and any top team needs a big squad and thats what spurs are trying to assemble now. I think the best thing Robbie can do is stay at spurs.
    In Trap we trust

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    To be honest, I think Robbie is the kind of guy who needs competition. If he's the numero uno he gets complacent. This is why he played all his best football when he was still a kid trying to break into teams. Competition will only be good for him. And he'll be fresher for Ireland matches.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3
    To be honest, I think Robbie is the kind of guy who needs competition. If he's the numero uno he gets complacent. This is why he played all his best football when he was still a kid trying to break into teams. Competition will only be good for him. And he'll be fresher for Ireland matches.

Robbie has played his best football over the past 3 seasons at Spurs, scoring an average of 15 goals a season. Think he has more than enough competition at Spurs.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Saw figures recently that gave the premiership appearances last season for Irish squad members. Surprisingly (for me anyway), Robbie was third or fourth, top 5 definitely, with Given and Duff higher I think.
    (Included appearances as sub too I think).

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3
    But he has no competition as a striker for Ireland and he plays his best stuff for us so I'm not sure I agree. Robbie thrives on confidence. If he has 3 or 4 strikers breathing down his neck and is unsure of his place I don't think he plays his best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    i agree as far as i know he was first choice at both coventry and wolves ,never really was at inter or leeds and now it seems spurs.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Spurs is the best place for Robbie at the moment and he does need the competition.He is also quite injury prone and not playing in every game will also be of benifit to us in the long run.I still think he will score 15 or more goals even if he is used on a part time basis so its better if he is not linked with another club.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is what Jol has to say about him now

From Football365:

Tottenham boss Martin Jol has told striker Robbie Keane that he remains firmly in his plans despite leaving him on the bench for their home victory over Middlesbrough on Saturday.

Goals from Jol's preferred strikeforce of Mido and England international Jermain Defoe put Spurs top of the table for the first time in three years.

But Jol, who sold Mali striker Fredi Kanoute to Sevilla last week for £4.4million, is determined to hang on to Keane. He said: "Robbie scored 12 goals last season and is a gifted player. Everybody would like to have Robbie in their team, but it is impossible."

He added: "Don't forget he was injured for a week, otherwise I might have had second thoughts about playing him against Middlesbrough because Jermain played for England during the week.

"He started training last Thursday and hopefully Robbie can be involved in the next couple of games and be on top of his game."

Spurs travel to Lancashire to play Blackburn on Wednesday night as Premiership leaders with maximum points from two games and yet to concede a goal.

Keane, who got in on the action as a second-half substitute against Boro, has been continually linked with a number of clubs including Everton, Newcastle and Aston Villa.

The transfer window expires at the end of the month and Jol knows that many of their Premiership rivals would love to have the Irishman in their side.

The player has remained quiet about his situation, but Keane has always stressed that he places regular first-team football above anything else.

He quit Leeds for White Hart Lane because he was spending more and more time on the bench instead of on the pitch, but Jol added: "We had the same situation last year. Even today sometimes Defoe or Mido are not happy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Jol is an excellent manager IMO. I think he might be a good coach too and may be the type of manager robbie needs to take a lot of crap out of his game and bring him on as a player.

I dont really know what to make of Robbies situation, he reminds me a little bit of Owen. Both are about 20 goals a season, good players and yet their styles are particularly liked by managers.

Well the most important thing is for Robbie to get first team football although spurs do seem to be pushing for Europe and it might prove beneifical to robbie.

I think Robbie will be in this position for a lot of his footballing career

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    This perception that you need four strikers to compete these days is completed B****x perpetuated by the success of Man Utd squad in 99. The single most important reason for the success of their 4 striker policy was down to the personal nature and application of one player. Ole Solksjaer.

So unless you've signed someone with his patience, meticulous assessment of the oppositon from the bench, general apprecition just to be part of the club and above all, talent, you may forget about it. It disprupts the players, squad and overlall morale. It's been proven time and again since. I cringe when I see the middle to lower tier teams trying to employ this policy. They always end up loosing, financially and on the pitch. My personal opinion is that you should have 2 or 3 principal forwards, backed up with a promising youth player or experienced veteran content with a reduce work load for a season

I rate Keane and Totenham, but if they sign Kuuyt I hope he leaves rather than pay the price for someone elses mistake. Totenham won't play the number of game this year to keep all four striker on top of their game. They're not in the CL, the league cup is basically the reserves and the "magic" of the FA cup means you can't bank on an extended run. It's world cup year and Robbie Keane needs to start between 30 & 40 competitive fixtures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast