Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2005/06

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    did anyone notice that in a full list of FAI fixtures ,boro v fairview was d only one to be allocated linesmen..i pressume the re-fixed game will be rewarded with the same preferential treatment...how is this fair for the other competing teams? was it that the LDMC waved their magic wand again so that there wouldnt be a third controvercial decision for the munster council to make this season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HuRya
    did anyone notice that in a full list of FAI fixtures ,boro v fairview was d only one to be allocated linesmen..i pressume the re-fixed game will be rewarded with the same preferential treatment...how is this fair for the other competing teams? was it that the LDMC waved their magic wand again so that there wouldnt be a third controvercial decision for the munster council to make this season!
    if that is true it is a joke !
    Why bother playing when there are rules for one and different ones for others !!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Leave out the personal insults Lads............its a football site remember

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by water boy
    well how do you know that he ****ed up his dates....you say that you do know something, dave wall ****ed up his dates...was he meant to go away another week or something.....YOU SEEM TO BE WELL INTO THIS .... still Your talking out your A.R.S.E....
    Ah this is getting f**king boring.

Right, I take it then since you ignored 3 of my 4 points that we can put them to bed.

I heard he f**ked up his dates. So am I wrong. If so, just tell me. Or else just post back that I'm talking out of my... ah you put it so nice with caps and everything, for the 4th time.

By the way, I'm not into this, I just have to keep trying to answer the questions that you keep posting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Goals4fun-hurya: The boro v view match has linesmen because the boro requested them. Any team can request linesmen for any match if the officials are AVAILABLE. Waterboy---- Fairview requested to the FAI that the match be off. The local rules states , that if the Burial has taken place the fixture should go ahead. In this case it was only right that the match be off because of the Man involved. The fact that view would have been missing some players had nothing to do with it.......(i dont think so)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leather
    Goals4fun-hurya: The boro v view match has linesmen because the boro requested them. Any team can request linesmen for any match if the officials are AVAILABLE. Waterboy---- Fairview requested to the FAI that the match be off. The local rules states , that if the Burial has taken place the fixture should go ahead. In this case it was only right that the match be off because of the Man involved. The fact that view would have been missing some players had nothing to do with it.......(i dont think so)
    that is the normal rule with requesting linesmen.
    I know of plenty of occasions where teams requested linesmen but were not given them.
    I think all premier games should have them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I agree they should but the simple fact remains that the resources aren't there unless premier league games were played at a different time. Which would make sense as more people would go to the matches, 10.30 kick offs are a joke in my opinion, what would be wrong with a lets say 12.00 start.
    Mama Mia!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    a long time ago there were 1.00pm matches!!!! But i imagine ref didn't have to travel half way around a few counties to do matches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Foot.ie! Referee Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Goals4fun
    that is the normal rule with requesting linesmen.
    I know of plenty of occasions where teams requested linesmen but were not given them.
    I think all premier games should have them.
    i agree with Goals4fun on this one..ive been told the ref numbers have dropped from around 60 in 2002 to only 28 today.. its still feasable to have a Ref and his 2 ASSisstants at all premier games every sunday morning.
    If the LDMC actually stuck to the planned fixture list instead of holding an EGM whenever a game was postponed, then we might just get somewhere with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by widow
    I agree they should but the simple fact remains that the resources aren't there unless premier league games were played at a different time. Which would make sense as more people would go to the matches, 10.30 kick offs are a joke in my opinion, what would be wrong with a lets say 12.00 start.

The reason the match's are played at 10:30 is so can ref's can make it to the afternoon match's,if the started at 12:00 then they would have to change the time for afternoon match's and if you were with a "b" team you'd want the match over early as possible so u can be watching ford super sunday in the pub.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    have the lower league games on at 10.30 so
    Mama Mia!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    a previous thread suggested saturday evening games..another possibility to consider..
    this would allow for stu fitz and the boys to enjoy their saturday nights in the Icon in more comfort after a good win!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    obviously saturday evening games won't work in the height of winter
    Mama Mia!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by widow
    obviously saturday evening games won't work in the height of winter
    fair point but the idea was to have more available time for the matches to be played so as to get the three match officials at every premier game..
    6pm kick offs, you'll find,will mean that the matches will be over before you see a nice bright star in the sky!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    i don't think the ref could make the sunday afternoon games and for sure (as rafa says) they will not miss out on the fotunes they make from doing two games a day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goals4fun
    i don't think the ref could make the sunday afternoon games and for sure (as rafa says) they will not miss out on the fotunes they make from doing two games a day.
    We dont have enough ref's in the league we are lucky most match's are played as it is,the ref's nowadays cant seem to win when a decision is made,if u were watching a match in the league would the incourage you to become a ref? i dont think so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco_1
    We dont have enough ref's in the league we are lucky most match's are played as it is,the ref's nowadays cant seem to win when a decision is made,if u were watching a match in the league would the incourage you to become a ref? i dont think so.
    are hoping to become the next george clancy when you're playing days are up or will it be when you've seen enough of tommy lynch playing in goal to make your mind up for you????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HuRya
    are hoping to become the next george clancy when you're playing days are up or will it be when you've seen enough of tommy lynch playing in goal to make your mind up for you????
    Tommy played in goal against regional once because both keepers were injured and suspended,we were 3-2 up and the ref added about 10 mins on and danny galvin handled the ball to score the last kick of the game,i'l be the next olson!!!!

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco_1
    Tommy played in goal against regional once because both keepers were injured and suspended,we were 3-2 up and the ref added about 10 mins on and danny galvin handled the ball to score the last kick of the game,i'l be the next olson!!!!

No Francesco, 1 keeper was suspended, the other bottled playing against last season's MJC 1/4 finalists

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale
    No Francesco, 1 keeper was suspended, the other bottled playing against last season's MJC 1/4 finalists

Asj jaffa and divito did i **** my leg up and they will support me,if they got to the 1/4 final's with that team then our future is bright up in hill celtic.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast