Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Kenny F Shamrock Rovers b.2003

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottle of Tonic View Post
    You have a shocking posting style CSAD. I'd really hope you don't across that way in person. There's little need for your aggressive, condescending style amongst a few lads who just chat football.

Anyway FWIW, my entire post wasn't directed at you. There's a few others with a poor opinion on Scottish Football. I myself am no great supporter of it. And the problems of youth development there (celtic included) are too wide for me to discuss here, tapping on a phone. I would merely point out that they have a mature structure and system that puts ours to shame and its no surprise if one of our young players goes over there and is out competed.

I would have no problem agreeing that if you are not in Celtics first team squad and are 17+ it's not a good place to be. In my opinion though, it's almost all up to the player to beat his direct opponents and further his own career.
    Face the wall please ?

Scan through the thread and point to one comment where someone said that Kenny would cruise through the championship, just one please. If you can’t then please don’t put words in peoples mouths as you lose any sort of credibility you were trying to create.

Ah you see there lies the issue, all bar Kenny went to Celtic from English academies…so what you are saying is Scotland is more competitive than England as most ended up becoming worse players than when they arrived… Johnny Kenny is the only kid that went from the LOI to Celtic. You are now at risk of getting side tracked like so many do on this forum by talking about something that ultimately doesn’t matter a whole lot. You don’t need to blow smoke up Scotland’s ass, they do a great job of that themselves. The point of the matter is Scotland is not a good place for young players to develop and any young talent would be better off going to England or Europe.

It’s not a good place to be full stop, hopefully Lawal and Kenny start negotiating moves out of Celtic for next season and as soon as he can Vata does likewise.

Also if it’s a good place to be at 17+ then do me a favour, look at Scotland’s most recent u21 squad and list me the amount of Celtic players named, I’ll save you the time it’s 0, maybe the Scottish players agents know all too well about how poor a place Celtic is for developing players and have rightly advised their players to go elsewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,327 Posts
    Take a look at their u19 and u17 squads. Celtic have more players in both than any other club

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Take a look at their u19 and u17 squads. Celtic have more players in both than any other club
    That’s not the point though, the point is how bad Celtic are at bringing players through to senior level. That is the most crucial part of development when it comes to u21 level which is why it pretty eye opening now so few Scottish players stay after u19s.

If you look at all our players who went to a Celtic, it’s no coincidence that almost all started regressing as soon as they went past u19 level. By which point any decent Scottish prospect will have gotten the f$&k out of there, our players should take a leaf out of their book.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    There's also Liam Morrisson and Ben Doak in the Scottish U21s who were recently poached by Bayern and Liverpool recently and Montgomery who is on loan at St Johnstone.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    There's also Liam Morrisson and Ben Doak in the Scottish U21s who were recently poached by Bayern and Liverpool recently and Montgomery who is on loan at St Johnstone.
    So to clarify two players you mentioned like I said left Celtic as soon as they legally could.

You mean the Adam Montgomery who isnt good enough to play for the Scotland u21s.

I don’t see how this helps Celtic’s argument for developing youth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    728 Posts
    Mod warning: without calling out any one poster, please keep the discussion calm and civil.

We're also very off topic. If the suitability of Celtic as a destination for young players is a significant discussion, this is the wrong thread and even subforum for it.

I've added his details to the thread title. I can't find anything about the Shams move. Has that been confirmed?
    Last edited by John83; 27/12/2022 at 12:30 PM.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Mod warning: without calling out any one poster, please keep the discussion calm and civil.

We're also very off topic. If the suitability of Celtic as a destination for young players is a significant discussion, this is the wrong thread and even subforum for it.

I've added his details to the thread title. I can't find anything about the Shams move. Has that been confirmed?
    Nothing confirmed that I know of.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    606 Posts

Might want to edit that a little - for a moment, I thought he had received a plum move to a West London Championship club, not a recently amateur Scottish Championship team.

On the downside, if my earlier argument about The Scottish Championship being of a similar standard to the LOI, then it doesn't bode well that he's only had 300 minutes of playing time so far, spread over 12 games

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    903 Posts
    Thanks, John. The last few pages read like not all the sherry went into the trifle...
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Shams move not official yet.https://m.independent.ie/regionals/s...-42232486.html Reliable source from LOI standpoint. Coyle didn’t bring him on in latest game, so writing on the wall for sure he’ll be leaving QP.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Might want to edit that a little - for a moment, I thought he had received a plum move to a West London Championship club, not a recently amateur Scottish Championship team.

On the downside, if my earlier argument about The Scottish Championship being of a similar standard to the LOI, then it doesn't bode well that he's only had 300 minutes of playing time so far, spread over 12 games

Well firstly there isn’t an argument, you’d just be talking nonsense to start with.

Secondly that point would make sense if Kenny went straight from the LOI to QP but no he spent nearly a year at Celtic beforehand. And in that time he went from scoring 11 goals in 34 LOI games to making no impact at Scottish championship level…doesn’t reflect very well in Celtic youth development does it? In fact that looks like a clear regression, a common trend at Celtic it seems.
    Last edited by CSAD; 27/12/2022 at 11:49 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    Thanks, John. The last few pages read like not all the sherry went into the trifle...
    Trying to reason with Celtic fans is like trying to reason with a chimpanzee, pointless. Lesson learnt from this thread.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    903 Posts
    Whoosh.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    Trying to reason with Celtic fans is like trying to reason with a chimpanzee, pointless. Lesson learnt from this thread.
    resorting to insults, very nice. i have never supported celtic but keep on trying. lets see how kenny does back in LOI. if hes still a 1 in 3 goalscorer then celtic have once again signed a guy with not enough upside for the level they need.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    resorting to insults, very nice. i have never supported celtic but keep on trying. lets see how kenny does back in LOI. if hes still a 1 in 3 goalscorer then celtic have once again signed a guy with not enough upside for the level they need.
    Oh sorry if you feel insulted, just trying to be honest with you. Wait, if you aren’t a Celtic supporter how are you insulted?

Or Celtic have once again misused a young player. The clear regression from when he joined Celtic til now is clear evidence of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,327 Posts
    CSAD, knock it off
    Last warning

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Well firstly there isn’t an argument, you’d just be talking nonsense to start with.

Secondly that point would make sense if Kenny went straight from the LOI to QP but no he spent nearly a year at Celtic beforehand. And in that time he went from scoring 11 goals in 34 LOI games to making no impact at Scottish championship level…doesn’t reflect very well in Celtic youth development does it? In fact that looks like a clear regression, a common trend at Celtic it seems.
    He was signed by Celtic in January 2022. Loaned out to Queen's Park, managed by Owen Coyle, in August, so not nearly a year beforehand. They're an ambitious attacking side scoring plenty of goals (average of 2 per game) and thus far Kenny has not got his name on the scoresheet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    He was signed by Celtic in January 2022. Loaned out to Queen's Park, managed by Owen Coyle, in August, so not nearly a year beforehand. They're an ambitious attacking side scoring plenty of goals (average of 2 per game) and thus far Kenny has not got his name on the scoresheet.
    So what has 8 months of development at Celtic done for him? In that 8 months comparing the regression from when he joined to where he is now is startling but unsurprising given Celtic’s record.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    So what has 8 months of development at Celtic done for him? In that 8 months comparing the regression from when he joined to where he is now is startling but unsurprising given Celtic’s record.
    Maybe he hasn't settled well away from home? Maybe the LOI is a very weak league? Maybe the system didn't suit him at Queen's Park? There are a lot of variables but I think one things for certain, your dislike of Celtic is clouding your judgement on Johnny's 8 month spell in Scotland.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMSHAKALAKA View Post
    Maybe he hasn't settled well away from home? Maybe the LOI is a very weak league? Maybe the system didn't suit him at Queen's Park? There are a lot of variables but I think one things for certain, your dislike of Celtic is clouding your judgement on Johnny's 8 month spell in Scotland.
    If he’s loaned back to a LOI side could indicate many things but homesickness is potentially an option

Do I need to go into what his previous side did to a SPL side (aka a league higher than the team he’s struggling at) again? Plus it’s irrelevant because he went to QP after 8 months at Celtic so any struggle in that period is on them. Maybe playing in the 5th division for 8 months with the B side isn’t great preparation for the SPL or championship…

Maybe, tbh I don’t really care enough to watch QP.

Is it hatred or maybe just stating facts? The evidence is mounting up substantially and yet some Celtic fans on here refuse to acknowledge it, maybe take off your Celtic hat and try be impartial.

1. Irish player number 4 or 5 that’s gone backwards at Celtic

2. Little to no Celtic players in the starting XI who come from the academy (McGregor is the only one I can think of and even then that was 8 years ago)

3. Scottish u21s avoid Celtic like the plague

The evidence is all pointing in one direction and yet there are people on here that still refute the idea.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast