Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Johnny Kenny F Shamrock Rovers b.2003

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    If he’s loaned back to a LOI side could indicate many things but homesickness is potentially an option

Do I need to go into what his previous side did to a SPL side (aka a league higher than the team he’s struggling at) again? Plus it’s irrelevant because he went to QP after 8 months at Celtic so any struggle in that period is on them. Maybe playing in the 5th division for 8 months with the B side isn’t great preparation for the SPL or championship…

Maybe, tbh I don’t really care enough to watch QP.

Is it hatred or maybe just stating facts? The evidence is mounting up substantially and yet some Celtic fans on here refuse to acknowledge it, maybe take off your Celtic hat and try be impartial.

1. Irish player number 4 or 5 that’s gone backwards at Celtic

2. Little to no Celtic players in the starting XI who come from the academy (McGregor is the only one I can think of and even then that was 8 years ago)

3. Scottish u21s avoid Celtic like the plague

The evidence is all pointing in one direction and yet there are people on here that still refute the idea.
    Calm down, I don't think there are many Celtic fans on here. Your points have been debunked already. As pointed out, there are numerous factors at play but it could just come down to players not being good enough. LOI is a very poor level to judge a player.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMSHAKALAKA View Post
    Calm down, I don't think there are many Celtic fans on here. Your points have been debunked already. As pointed out, there are numerous factors at play but it could just come down to players not being good enough. LOI is a very poor level to judge a player.
    Trust me I’m calm as anything. Just trying make my point in clear detail.

And that’s ********, I’m fairly certain there are plenty on here. Never seen so many people desperately defend a side like they do Celtic in light of all the evidence refuting their point, imagine if they were that passionate about Ireland! Is it numerous because people forget the other players who went to Celtic came from English academies, which surely even the most passionate Celtic fan can admit is a higher standard, who have equally struggled.

If he’s struggling in the championship after flying in the LOI then something has seriously gone wrong in the 8 months he has spent at Celtic. I would say him look to go back to Ireland and start again is probably an indication that he realizes he made a mistake signing for Celtic.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Trust me I’m calm as anything. Just trying make my point in clear detail.

And that’s ********, I’m fairly certain there are plenty on here. Never seen so many people desperately defend a side like they do Celtic in light of all the evidence refuting their point, imagine if they were that passionate about Ireland! Is it numerous because people forget the other players who went to Celtic came from English academies, which surely even the most passionate Celtic fan can admit is a higher standard, who have equally struggled.

If he’s struggling in the championship after flying in the LOI then something has seriously gone wrong in the 8 months he has spent at Celtic. I would say him look to go back to Ireland and start again is probably an indication that he realizes he made a mistake signing for Celtic.
    Honestly, you don't seem calm. There isn't a conspiracy of Celtic fans grouping up on you to debunk your points. Every club signs players that don't make the breakthrough. It's just the reality. You can stomp your feet all you like but the facts outweigh your biased opinion.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Honestly, you don't seem calm. There isn't a conspiracy of Celtic fans grouping up on you to debunk your points. Every club signs players that don't make the breakthrough. It's just the reality. You can stomp your feet all you like but the facts outweigh your biased opinion.
    Sure thing, I’m not going to even go further on that point as I would just be arguing with you on it and wasting more time away from the actual point of the discussion.

Every club doesn’t have a success rate as abysmal as Celtic’s. People who are looking at Kenny and Irish players in general only are completely missing the point. And even using Kenny as an example, sending someone who spent a whole season as a starter at a top 3 LOI club to play in the Scottish 5th division, if that’s not an example of poor player development then what is? It should come as no surprise that he then struggles to make the step up to even championship level and completely undid any good work Sligo did with him.

It’s not a biased opinion, I pointed to you 3 pretty clear and valid points that back up what I’ve been saying and you still run around with your fingers in your ears denying it. How much more evidence do you need? Maybe just maybe I’m not the biased one here? Because I actually used facts to back up my argument but all you have is hypothetical possibilities, Surely the points I’ve laid out have one common denominator?
    Last edited by CSAD; 28/12/2022 at 12:15 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Mod warning: without calling out any one poster, please keep the discussion calm and civil.

We're also very off topic. If the suitability of Celtic as a destination for young players is a significant discussion, this is the wrong thread and even subforum for it.

I've added his details to the thread title. I can't find anything about the Shams move. Has that been confirmed?
    Confirmed now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    good luck to the lad, hopefully it works out for him.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Sure thing, I’m not going to even go further on that point as I would just be arguing with you on it and wasting more time away from the actual point of the discussion.

Every club doesn’t have a success rate as abysmal as Celtic’s. People who are looking at Kenny and Irish players in general only are completely missing the point. And even using Kenny as an example, sending someone who spent a whole season as a starter at a top 3 LOI club to play in the Scottish 5th division, if that’s not an example of poor player development then what is? It should come as no surprise that he then struggles to make the step up to even championship level and completely undid any good work Sligo did with him.

It’s not a biased opinion, I pointed to you 3 pretty clear and valid points that back up what I’ve been saying and you still run around with your fingers in your ears denying it. How much more evidence do you need? Maybe just maybe I’m not the biased one here? Because I actually used facts to back up my argument but all you have is hypothetical possibilities, Surely the points I’ve laid out have one common denominator?
    I think you need to re-read this thread alone. The points you raised have already been put to bed. Repeating them ad nauseum won't change that. You clearly have an issue with Celtic, nothing anyone can say will change your opinion and will just lead you to get more agitated. I think I'll do you and the forum a favour by not engaging with you.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    I think you need to re-read this thread alone. The points you raised have already been put to bed. Repeating them ad nauseum won't change that. You clearly have an issue with Celtic, nothing anyone can say will change your opinion and will just lead you to get more agitated. I think I'll do you and the forum a favour by not engaging with you.
    Show me where they were put to bed? I can save you time and confirm it was never put to bed. I’m repeating it because it’s a point that was never addressed fully or answered sufficiently.

I do got an issue with how the club is ran as a whole, that should be made obvious, and nothing will change my opinion because there seems to little done to fix their issues. Celtic fans seem more happy to just point the finger and blame others rather than take a look in the mirror and ask questions of their own club, just look at their fans online, the most clueless fans I’ve come across and that’s saying something.

And there we go running away again without answering the questions I’ve laid out. Not for the first time either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Not about to read all of the rubbish posted on here the last few pages. But worth noting, in his interview with Shamrock Rovers TV today, he mentioned Shamrock Rovers was his choice of destination to 'start enjoying football again', and 'put a smile back on my face', which seems to suggest he's had a less than enjoyable time since leaving Sligo.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Mod warning: CSAD and others, take the Celtic discussion elsewhere.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Not about to read all of the rubbish posted on here the last few pages. But worth noting, in his interview with Shamrock Rovers TV today, he mentioned Shamrock Rovers was his choice of destination to 'start enjoying football again', and 'put a smile back on my face', which seems to suggest he's had a less than enjoyable time since leaving Sligo.
    Well he did have the worse possible start getting COVID after he moved over and then injured his knee so was out for about two months I believe. Then had to come back and play against pub teams in non league football.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345