Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andrew Moran M Blackburn (loan from Brighton) b.2003

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    I make it two goals and two assists and I think he won the penalty that ended up being missed too. Second goal was a lovely strike and the pass inside for the 5th goal was quality.

Quite a showing!

https://youtu.be/NvDIj6XsmEY?si=TBBWUn8rJGCdmapc

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I make it two goals and two assists and I think he won the penalty that ended up being missed too. Second goal was a lovely strike and the pass inside for the 5th goal was quality.

Quite a showing!

https://youtu.be/NvDIj6XsmEY?si=TBBWUn8rJGCdmapc
    Serious performance from Moran there, and he still looks like a schoolboy playing men's football. Even thought his touch for the first cut back was a bit heavy, but he got straight back on it and laid it on a plate

Is a winger or a ten? He seemed pretty comfortable centrally picking passes, making runs and laying off balls

Also, two other things from the clip..

First time I have ever heard an English commentator pronounce Moran properly

And nice goal by Callum Robinson.. might he come back in as an option for future squads?

The idea of a top level Moran and Ferguson operating for Ireland fills the heart with joy.. our Odegaard and Halland perhaps?

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidetherock View Post
    Serious performance from Moran there, and he still looks like a schoolboy playing men's football. Even thought his touch for the first cut back was a bit heavy, but he got straight back on it and laid it on a plate

Is a winger or a ten? He seemed pretty comfortable centrally picking passes, making runs and laying off balls

Also, two other things from the clip..

First time I have ever heard an English commentator pronounce Moran properly

And nice goal by Callum Robinson.. might he come back in as an option for future squads?

The idea of a top level Moran and Ferguson operating for Ireland fills the heart with joy.. our Odegaard and Halland perhaps?
    I think he is a 10 centrally , I'd hate to see him pushed out wide in a front 3 I think that would really limit him. For us I think he would work best centrally as the most advanced central midfielder in a 4231 when we are away from home against strong sides and in a 4312 at home or away against weaker sides

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Blackburn played Moran as almost a right wing back in the league game at the weekend and that didnt suit him at all. In the game last week against Sunderland he was in a free role that started off the left wing and he just drifted everywhere. He was picking up the ball of the defense centrally and was extremely positive on the ball moving forward, Blackburn somehow managed to lose that game even though they were the better team and Moran was excellent.

His 2 assists yesterday we so clever, I dont think we have a midfielder in the senior set up that would make the pass for the 2nd assist, and most of our wingers would probably run the ball out of play for the 1st one.

He has been nominated for Blackburns player of the month along with Szmodics. The immediate impact hes made is incredibly impressive, considering this is his first taste of regular mens football and its so exciting to consider the possibilities for what he could bring to the Ireland team if he keeps going like this.

He does still look small, so this season will definitely help him put on some muscle I think, but I would 100% be calling him into the squad for the Greek game and start building around him and Ferguson going forward.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    432 Posts

Moran is on a roll at the moment with his fourth assist in three games.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I wonder if Brighton will be tempted to recall him, given their injury list?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    432 Posts
    Gets himself a goal to make it 2-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    Nice one. Goal and assist, and the obligatory Szmodics goal comes soon after.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    761 Posts
    Taken off at half time today despite Blackburn chasing a goal. Has been very poor for Blackburn in recent weeks. We obviously need more decent midfielders to come through but there's definitely a need to temper expectations with this lad for now at least - most Blackburn fans would happily ship him back to Brighton on New Year's Day.
    Last edited by Eirambler; 26/12/2023 at 3:40 PM.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Coughed up possession for each of Swansea's goals today. Taken off at halftime. Rated 4/10 by the Lancashire Telegraph.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    A positive update from Moran - came on as a second-half sub and scored Blackburn's fifth on 81 minutes: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68652953

17. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123