Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend Friday 24th to Monday 27th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    You can actually replace a player before he leaves its called forward plannoing and Management.
    Breslin leaving might not be important to you but again its MANAGEMENT and DM's behaviour as you put it (assuming you are right) is again Management.........why couldnt 008 get a tune out of him??? hopefully the Bohs board when they are finished with Pride week, the Palestinian situation, the problems for Irish Musicians getting gigs post covid will remain as patient as you with 008.
    010 here we go
    ? Obscure take on things that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    You just repeated what I said and named the player who was not a regular starter or influencer. Why Breslin left is not important. I agree Lyons has lifted his game, he has to with more and better competition in your squad and its a new challenge to rise to. Remember you can't replace a player until he gone.
    As for DM I was glad to see the back of him. I believe he was causing turmoil among the squad. He has to work harder in a better squad. With Bohs he thought he was **** of the North when he was really a feather duster. The one name not on my list was George Kelly because you'll never replace a 20 plus man with a 20 plus man
    Funny you mention this as the exact same thing was said to me recently but with Rovers, that there are a couple of senior players not getting on with him, questioning his effort in training.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    How's that horse getting on? Hope many of your fans haven't had their addictions worsened backing it.
    No idea to be honest , i think its been knocked on the head due to poor fan reaction but not 100% sure..............,
    we are concentrating on football, you should kick out the revolutionary front comrades and try it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Any side could argue that one. We need two full backs , a goalkeeper, a midfielder and a decent striker. We are a side that can hold our own and be competitive but we wont win feck all.
    One sitting on the bench every week.

We'll take him back if he's not wanted.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Any side could argue that one. We need two full backs , a goalkeeper, a midfielder and a decent striker. We are a side that can hold our own and be competitive but we wont win feck all.
    We're talking about comfortably being in the European places/ahead of the pack outside of the top 4, not realistically winning the league or anything. That hasn't been the expectation
    for almost a decade. Anang/Breslin/Bermo/Doyle/Tunde are all well of that level, Scott isn't and nor is a midfield where only Forrester is capable of offering any kind of control in a game. Not to mention Mark Doyle stinking the place out. Get those areas sorted and we can still have a good season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    How's that horse getting on? Hope many of your fans haven't had their addictions worsened backing it.
    If anything I'd say a few gave up the habit out of embarrassment.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Also Rory Gaffney is an awfully confusing footballer to me, he looks gangly and awful yet somehow comes away with the ball in every scenario by being bizarrely effective. Not a huge fan of how much of an arsehole he is towards his teammates mind.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Also Rory Gaffney is an awfully confusing footballer to me, he looks gangly and awful yet somehow comes away with the ball in every scenario by being bizarrely effective. Not a huge fan of how much of an arsehole he is towards his teammates mind.
    He's a footballer player trapped in a gaa player's body. No idea how he does some of what he does. And I don't mind him being a bit of an arsehole. Every body needs one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Expecting to see Sbgawa pop up on GB News this week, Well paid part time job it seems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Expecting to see Sbgawa pop up on GB News this week, Well paid part time job it seems.
    My grumpy old man self would suit GB News alright, just fir the record i support all the issues i called out but they are personal issues not something i would want the board of my club prioritizing
    It wont change though until the revolution against the revolutionary front for the formation of the workers republic committee who have taken over the club.

Edit: I'm not actually that bothered about the Irish Musicians plight, the noise annoys me when i am sipping my pint.
    Last edited by sbgawa; 28/06/2022 at 8:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Danny Mandroiu won fans player of the year but Gaffney was close.
    His hold up play is the best ive seen in the league. He does look awkward but as you say he almost always comes out with the ball, even wins his own knock ons regularly .
    I will be shocked if he plays against Harps we need him for Europe and he has put in two huge shifts against Bohs and Pats

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Another straightforward Dublin derby win for Rovers. The 10 point cushion gives us the chance to concentrate on Europe for the next few weeks, although how long the European adventure lasts is hard to say. I'm quietly pessimistic about it, tbh.
    Once again the standard of officials in LOI is hard to fathom - hennessy last night was a mess.
    Andy Lyons is a decent bet for Player of the Year, even though it's only half way through . He has really blossomed in a club that defines itself by its success and he has thrived in the team. He will probably be gone to perfidious albion at seasons end, but we got a season out of him anyway.
    As for Greener - He only scores screamers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Tunde did more in ten minutes then Doyle did all night, no idea how he isnt playing
    *all Season
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Great win for Longford Town last night and the 2-0 scoreline flattered Galway if anything. We looked to have a stone wall pen not given, Magerusan hit the bar after 3 minutes with a good header, he also missed a good chance after a minute and a sitter after about 35. We also had a few other decent half chances. Galway never really threatened much or had any sustained period of pressure and couldn't really deal with our intensity from the first minute on. We were missing a couple of starters as well and our bench was only half full and majority of those on the bench were kids. Overall, for a part-time team with a paper thin squad to put in that level of performance, 3 days after our last game, against one of the pre-season title favourites was very impressive.

While I was very downbeat about our season when Gary Cronin was first appointed, I think he's done a good job and we're the "best of the rest" outside the top 3, which is where we should be. We don't have the money or squad depth to sustain a challenge against the other 3 but we've had some decent results against them (beating Galway twice, drew with Cork twice (should have won the 2nd drawn game) and drawing away to Waterford while conceding an injury time equaliser). A few rubbish performances/results along the way have cost us any potential challenge but that's to be expected with the squad we have.

As for Galway, what a complete mess they are when you consider the money being thrown at the manager and squad. No interest in playing football, just hoofing it constantly over the midfielders heads, lacking effort, players constantly moaning at each other, Caulfield and his sidekick Colin Fortune bouncing around the technical area crying about everything. They'll win more than they lose in this league because they have better players than most in the division but the return they're getting on the investment is very low and I don't see things improving until they get a manager in who isn't stuck in the dark ages.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    Great win for Longford Town last night and the 2-0 scoreline flattered Galway if anything. We looked to have a stone wall pen not given, Magerusan hit the bar after 3 minutes with a good header, he also missed a good chance after a minute and a sitter after about 35. We also had a few other decent half chances. Galway never really threatened much or had any sustained period of pressure and couldn't really deal with our intensity from the first minute on. We were missing a couple of starters as well and our bench was only half full and majority of those on the bench were kids. Overall, for a part-time team with a paper thin squad to put in that level of performance, 3 days after our last game, against one of the pre-season title favourites was very impressive.

While I was very downbeat about our season when Gary Cronin was first appointed, I think he's done a good job and we're the "best of the rest" outside the top 3, which is where we should be. We don't have the money or squad depth to sustain a challenge against the other 3 but we've had some decent results against them (beating Galway twice, drew with Cork twice (should have won the 2nd drawn game) and drawing away to Waterford while conceding an injury time equaliser). A few rubbish performances/results along the way have cost us any potential challenge but that's to be expected with the squad we have.

As for Galway, what a complete mess they are when you consider the money being thrown at the manager and squad. No interest in playing football, just hoofing it constantly over the midfielders heads, lacking effort, players constantly moaning at each other, Caulfield and his sidekick Colin Fortune bouncing around the technical area crying about everything. They'll win more than they lose in this league because they have better players than most in the division but the return they're getting on the investment is very low and I don't see things improving until they get a manager in who isn't stuck in the dark ages.
    Brilliant result for Longford and shows that come the play offs you have a punchers chance against anyone else.
    That is as much as you could have hoped for against 3 full time teams this year.
    Bray missed a big chance to get back into the race for the playoffs last night losing a 2 goal lead with ten minutes to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Rory Gaffney is probably the League's POTY so far IMO and definitely the most underrated, LOI centre-halves simply can't handle him. His work rate, running off the ball, physicality, assists and important goals (scored the winner in 3 Dublin derbies this season) all stand out.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Galway are stumbling and Cork are flying.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Galways top scorer is a 31 year old converted defender,is it not a pretty big failure on Caulfields part that he’s relying on him for goals?
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Galways top scorer is a 31 year old converted defender,is it not a pretty big failure on Caulfields part that he’s relying on him for goals?
    its what you sign up for with JC. tbh cork have been poor enough in the last 10 games, longford battered us up there haunted to get a draw. stumbled past cobh but walked over treaty like we have in previous 2 games. hopefully we kick on from here as our performance levels were worrying even tho we were sneaking results. few players due back from injury now so lets hope the only way is up. Waterford are the biggest challenge to us IMO. They still have the best 11 in the league for me, hoping they draw friday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Galway are stumbling and Cork are flying.
    Last week you would have said the opposite. What a difference a week makes.
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Again, last week it was being hailed as a genius move, this week it's a failure.

But in general, Caulfield ball is horrible alright. I was worried that Caulfield ball was enough to be successful in the 1st Division, but they've faltered badly this weekend.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast