Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: what happened?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry what happened?

Lads that terry9 is really taking the **** bout last Saturday night! Any blues fans at the match can ye give a rundown? Were limerick unlucky, robbed of a penalty? What? Dont take this lying down!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

well

Usual ****e! we were fantastic in the first half great goal by Nolan (but he did nothing for the rest of the game) second half we sat back defended too deep and invited them on. Two goals were sloppy both were the fault of the usual suspect although he made some fine saves throughout the game.

My Ratings
    Mooney 6
    O'Mahoney 7
    Molan 6
    McGauley 5
    Finnucane 9
    Kerins 6
    Young 4
    Wolfe 6 (keating on 80)
    Barrett 5
    Nolan 5
    Kelleher 8

subs not used Tobin, O'Sullivan, Guiran and David Owens

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    in fairness ye should of got the draw..we were missing 7 first team players lik..

nolans goal was good but our defence made it easy for him.

lads ye made no noise??

what a game though..proves we should be going up..and that were a far superior team..even tho ye have all the money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353
    Two goals were sloppy both were the fault of the usual suspect although he made some fine saves throughout the game.
    Both his fault? That's a new one. He was blamed by a few for the first but both? The goals were teh result of sloppy defending as much as the keeper. He keeps getting dumped on for every goal when the blame should be shared equally when a Cobh player is allowed two weeks to get a cross in and the defenders are awful challenging in the air. I don't think Mooney covered himself in glory (except for the three outstanding saves that denied certain goals) but a bit harsh to lump him with all the blame.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Finucane '9'? In a team that was beaten 2-1? That suggests to me that we were absolutely hammered, severly under the cosh, and lucky to get away with a 2-1 defeat. That, or Finucane is being over-rated on a regular basis. I have seen times when Paul has been given a 9 on here, when really he deserved no more than a 7. I think some fans maybe as guilty of favouritism as NOC apparantly is As for Mooney, he is the best keeper we have so it's a case of make do. Good to see Wolfe being tried in midfield. Why no Brendan Sweeney?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    Why no Brendan Sweeney?
    Injured...might be back for Friday night at a push.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    was talkin to sweeney,good friend of mine and he said it was his leg?noting serious tho.

good game wasnt it lads?

ye must of felt sick tho at the final whistle!

good luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Finny was superb in a rather knackered looking team. He made a goal line clearence in the run up to Queenstown's winner that was possibly the best piece of football I've seen this season. A group of Leyton Orient fans who also took in the Cork game the night before reckoned he was the best defender they saw in Ireland

Also in defense of Mr. Mooney I personally think Stevo was badly at fault for getting caught in possesion in the run up to the second goal.

Terry, a group of ordinary, sound Queenstown fans we met after the game actually gave out to us for making too much noise so if you were old enough to smoke a pipe now you could stick that in it and smoke it.

Jamie Nolan got a screamer after 8 minutes and for the rest of the game obviously thought he didn't owe us another ounce of effort. The penalty decision in the second was also an absolute crime and how the ref bottled it when faced with the less than intimidating athmosphere is beyond me.

On the plus side Wolfe is starting to look like a good player in the midfield.

Another thing that stood out is that Tommy and Robbie are starting to look knackered due to the tireless efforts every week. We can afford to rest Tommy for a game now if only we had a top quality goalscorer to come in and give Robbie a rest. Maybe we could loan one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Noise?

Quote Originally Posted by terry9
    lads ye made no noise??

what a game though..proves we should be going up..and that were a far superior team..even tho ye have all the money.

Your taking the **** right? the massive crowd of maybe 150 was silent throughout the first half. ye only became loud when the second goal went in and that was when all the little scumbags went into the shed (a steward told me this wouldnt normally happen) oh and wait for this proof of what we have spoken about for years 'we never have a prob with the away fans its the local muck that we drag in to watch the games (as one of his mates chased one around the pitch) wquote the head steward lol i love it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    'we never have a prob with the away fans its the local muck that we drag in to watch the games (as one of his mates chased one around the pitch) wquote the head steward lol i love it.
    Oh my God I keep meeting and hearing of these sound, level-headed Queenstown people.(Well the steward at least) My entire beliefs system is being shaken to its very core

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the head steward is a ****in idiot,we played dublin city and one of there players got seriously injured and he refused to bring the strecher on,i think it was Vaughan? of city ran down and grabbed it ten minutes later.

i would listen to a bit of ****e that comes out of the old *******s mouth.

and i will make my feeling known to him at the next game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

lol

Quote Originally Posted by terry9
    the head steward is a ****in idiot,we played dublin city and one of there players got seriously injured and he refused to bring the strecher on,i think it was Vaughan? of city ran down and grabbed it ten minutes later.

i would listen to a bit of ****e that comes out of the old *******s mouth.

and i will make my feeling known to him at the next game.
    good man u are dont let some old guy tell you how to behave during your summer hols from school

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good man u are dont let some old guy tell you how to behave during your summer hols from school
    this coming from a 30 year old man who prob still lives with his mam.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thread locked. Lads, if ye can't keep it civil, keep it off the boards.
    Éanna