Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 FAI Cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    Clapping your team off in defeat is one thing but the blue/red army or whatever they are now nearly lifted the roof off the Brandywell when the team approached them afterwards. Even the players looked bemused.
    God forbid you support your team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    God forbid you support your team.
    Celebrating a defeat. Just happy to be there. Not for me I'm afraid

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Celebrating a defeat. Just happy to be there. Not for me I'm afraid
    Well I guess one of the benefits of supporting a team that no longer exists is that you don't have to celebrate defeats any more.

Every cloud...

4. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Well I guess one of the benefits of supporting a team that no longer exists is that you don't have to celebrate defeats any more.

Every cloud...
    Good one🤣😂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    It's a bit cringe.

The glorious cup run was basically a home win against UCD.

Being competitive for the playoffs is down to the medals for everyone nature of the first division.

BUT

A lot of those lads are only there for the enjoyment the game doesn't really matter.

And more power to them it would be **** following treaty if the games really mattered

I kind of feel for the people running treaty. They are mostly good people doing their best

But they are at absolutely nothing until the next Paud rides into town on his donkey made of money

The same people that had Paud underachieving are still largely in situ on the playing and organising side.

Just without any moolah for the occasional accidental run to the heights of the premier mid table

As it is it's fairly dull uninspiring stuff from top to bottom at Treaty.

Except the women's team

The women's team far from being dull and uninspiring is an actual disgrace and anyone involved in organising it shouldn't be left within 500 miles of the important (ie men's) side of the club.

Other random thoughts from Sunday, Brandywell looks top notch it's nice to see the lick of paint on the old side as well. And Derry people remain the leagues finest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    It's a bit cringe.

The glorious cup run was basically a home win against UCD.

Being competitive for the playoffs is down to the medals for everyone nature of the first division.

BUT

A lot of those lads are only there for the enjoyment the game doesn't really matter.

And more power to them it would be **** following treaty if the games really mattered

I kind of feel for the people running treaty. They are mostly good people doing their best

But they are at absolutely nothing until the next Paud rides into town on his donkey made of money

The same people that had Paud underachieving are still largely in situ on the playing and organising side.

Just without any moolah for the occasional accidental run to the heights of the premier mid table

As it is it's fairly dull uninspiring stuff from top to bottom at Treaty.

Except the women's team

The women's team far from being dull and uninspiring is an actual disgrace and anyone involved in organising it shouldn't be left within 500 miles of the important (ie men's) side of the club.

Other random thoughts from Sunday, Brandywell looks top notch it's nice to see the lick of paint on the old side as well. And Derry people remain the leagues finest.

why is that? is it not that they just cant entice better players down there? cork had the same issue in the last few seasons losing players to galway shels etc and not really replacing them with similar quality.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Clapping your team off in defeat is one thing but the blue/red army or whatever they are now nearly lifted the roof off the Brandywell when the team approached them afterwards. Even the players looked bemused.
    Sour grapes?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Is it possible to hang banners and flags in the Aviva for games, or do they complain about the advertising hoardins being covered?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Is it possible to hang banners and flags in the Aviva for games, or do they complain about the advertising hoardins being covered?
    There's usually a process, can't exactly remember the whole thing but you've to go in early to hang stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Bottom line is Treaty United hasn't captured the imagination. Unless Limerick is brought back in the name then forget about it...nobody in the county batted an eyelid last Sunday apart from the blue army that is!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Bottom line is Treaty United hasn't captured the imagination. Unless Limerick is brought back in the name then forget about it...nobody in the county batted an eyelid last Sunday apart from the blue army that is!
    That's a shame as the team even though they struggled but gave 100% and the Treaty fans were the most vocal fans to come to the Brandywell this season.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    It's not like any Limerick team of recent years troubled the history books when it came to attendances though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    One of the main reasons I fell in love with Dundalk was the support the fans gave the team when they lost away to St. Pats in the cup under Gill when I was I kid. I used to be a big Man Utd fan until that moment- after, I badgered my dad and older brothers relentlessly about season tickets, and as they say, the rest is history.

Performance like Treaty Fans builds a bit of gr? for the club, and I bet, for the next big game, there will be more excitment than before. There will be lads and kids listening to the radio or updates who will be promising themselves that the next trip, next game, next season will be worth investing in.

Slow build, but thats the real foundations of a club - not just POS money artificially inflating league position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Ah now LFC Blue I'm not a Treaty fanatic but I think the criticism of The Blue Army here is unwarranted. If you're that pi$$ed off with Blue Army's reaction just wait till you see the Derry fans ovation for Treaty at the end.... absolute madness!!! The blue army are mostly young lads having a day out who appreciated the effort put in by the players and Tommy Barrett they are definitely punching above their weight. The fans never travelled to Derry expecting to win, you probably remember a few pints makes for a better mood among fans.
    I'm not certain anymore that having Limerick back in the name is a good thing either but I get your point as I would have been 100% behind having Limerick in the name and I'm still annoyed how Treaty are "a Midwest club based in Limerick ". I still think they should at leaplay in a blue kit too.
    I also think it's unfair to say nobody in the county batted an eyelid, I've had plenty of people who had no interest in loi mention it to me beforeand afterthe game on Sunday, maybe people around you didn't mention it in case they ****ed you off.
    I think following events the of last few days (Limerick FC announcing they're pulling out of loi underage altogether) we can finally admit Limerick FCs days as a loi club are numbered. Time to move on and let it go!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Yes absolutely, my self and some lads from Kildare Hoops went into the Rovers end at 10 30 in the morning and hung some flags up and headed off to RInger for the pre match Charlie Mc Carthy

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Had LOADS of trouble hanging out our behind the goal ones last season, up on the premium level. Arsey bitch of a steward kept calling security , every time they untied them we put them back up. Eventually violent protest was threatened and they backed off, not till ten minutes into the game though and all that was covered was some FAI logos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    I was at the Treaty - UCD play off last year, 3000 there for a club nobody in Limerick is bothered about.

But let's have a Limerick Derby in the First. Treaty v Limerick, could be like AFC Wimbledon v MK Dons.

Kerry are coming soon, and let's bring back Shamrock Rovers 2 to please sbgawa, maybe he could do a FG fundraiser to help them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    I saw some announcement by the League Facebook page, that tickets sales were going well. They said most of the sections in the lower stands designated for Shels and Derry were either sold out or close to sold out.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I saw some announcement by the League Facebook page, that tickets sales were going well. They said most of the sections in the lower stands designated for Shels and Derry were either sold out or close to sold out.
    Looking at the Ticketmaster site, Shels have only sold out one block in the lower tier whilst Derry have sold all of their's and had new blocks added in the top tier :

Tickets Extra.ie FAI Men's Cup Final - Derry City FC v Shelbourne FC, Dublin | Sun, 13 Nov 2022, 15:00 | Ticketmaster IE

Will Shels struggle to bring a crowd? They've been given the wrong half of the stadium if so.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    It's impossible to tell going by Ticketmaster how sales are exactly going for both clubs. Two Shels blocks 106 and 112 have sold out but most of our blocks have a larger capacity than the ones Derry have sold out so far, throw in fans buying in premium or neutral sections you can't reliably quantify numbers of fans for both teams
    Last edited by total hoofball; 20/10/2022 at 12:26 PM.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast