Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 11th to 14th March

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Much better from Rovers against albeit an as usual well organised , motivated but limited Bohs ( not meant disparagingly ) who were well up for it - also good to see common sense re away fans being allowed in as it’s adds so much to the atmosphere- overall Rovers should of easily won by 2 or 3 nil and Bohs will claim they should of had a peno just before HT to make it 1-1 at the break - highlight/s of the night were some of Burke’s flicks and back heels and of course Gaffney’s goal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Aren’t taking our chances,hit the post and missed a one on one before conceding,gonna be a long season if we don’t start finding the back of the net….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Bohs were poor , about as comfortable a 1 nil as u can get.
    Rovers missed a couple of easy chances to be more comfortable but to be honest it's all about 3 points in the derby. I'd have taken a **** performance and 3 points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Was on way to Dublin so went to Shels v Dundalk instead.

Draw fair result, Shels didn’t really get going up front and Dundalk prone to the odd clanger at the back. The peno award was bizarre, looked like the Shels player was trying to keep hold of the ball or something, Dundalk keeper interviened and a peno came out of nowhere - he got his hand to the shot but it was strong enough to go in.

Good crowd, bar back open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Was a poor game in Tallaght. We were woeful in the first half, a lot better in the second, but didn't really create much. Badly missed Promise up front. Just annoyed to lose to such a soft goal, Talbot was all over the shop in the first half. Had a nice seat by the halfway line and it's much better over there than being stuck in the corner.

Big game against Shels now on Monday, I see they got a decent result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Very tough game as it often is in Finn Park. I’m delighted to get out of the game with three points. I think Git was motm , when he is on form he is unbelievable. It’s great to see Eoin Doyle off the mark eventually. I wouldn’t be wax lyrical about us so far this season but we are motoring along ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Very good first half from us. Not good at all second half. Drogheda missed a penalty and had a few other chances. Missed Lyons as you’d imagine he would have been on the end of some of the ones that flew across the goal. Buckley and and McDonnell off injured and both limping after the game would be a worry with 2 big games this week. Still we have a much better squad this year and didn’t need to bring Bolger on.

Fair play to the Drogs fans. Sang the whole way through the second half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Waterford struggled to a 2 1 win over Wexford. Penalty given to us from a corner early on. It wasn't clear what is was for from the stand. Junior scored but Wexford equalised from a nice free kick soon after. Phoenix Patterson scored after starting and finishing a nice move so 2 1 at half time.
    Wexford dominated near the end and came close a few times and Waterford fans were glad to hear final whistle.
    Big game now on Monday night away to Cork.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    I thought Rovers were very average tbh against a very average team. We have not clicked yet and last night it was a very much we are not gonna loose performance. In the 2nd half we stood off Bohs and let them get some belief. Our bench made a huge difference and i thought Towell and Cotter brought that physical engagement to Bohs that we were missing and we cruised from there till the end of the game. Not Sure about Sean Hoare, would Ronan Finn be better there with Cotter starting???. One other point Bohs have always been adept bringing the game to Rovers by getting around the back or having a nice inside pass of our wide defenders, nothing in that department last night seems to be a lack of pace in the team up front.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Waterford struggled to a 2 1 win over Wexford. Penalty given to us from a corner early on. It wasn't clear what is was for from the stand. Junior scored but Wexford equalised from a nice free kick soon after. Phoenix Patterson scored after starting and finishing a nice move so 2 1 at half time.
    Wexford dominated near the end and came close a few times and Waterford fans were glad to hear final whistle.
    Big game now on Monday night away to Cork.

I thought Waterford were dreadful, Morris is such a conservative manager, he cost his side 2 points last week & should have again last night

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    What’s going on in Treaty poor by club to call game off an hour before Ko
    Surely the knew it was in difficulty before that it make a mockery of our league don’t accept the weather argument both cork and Galway get similar weather and no issues it’s was fine all day with little rain
    Should clubs be hit with a fine or loss of points for been so unprepared for season start

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Much relief around Tolka for Shels get that deserved draw with the late penalty, we are still lacking in final third and wasteful in possession at times but we can definitely compete. Considering the players Dundalk have they were mediocre all across their starting XI, O'Donnell definitely has a tougher job on his hands than what Clancy has at Pats

Shout out to Derek Tomney who is still as useless as ever, Dundalk should have had Bone and their keeper both sent off with straight reds and he bottled both decisions
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    I got the impression around Ballybofey that Harps badly need a win to raise moral. It’s been years since my last visit to Finn Park , a real tight old school ground. I was delighted the game went ahead with the weather last week , the pitch looked a bit heavy but held up surprisingly well during the game. The mon dog also has a rival in chipper van Loi wars , the Finn harps cowboy supper , battered sausage & curry chips. A greasy feed on a cold damp night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    I got the impression around Ballybofey that Harps badly need a win to raise moral. It’s been years since my last visit to Finn Park , a real tight old school ground. I was delighted the game went ahead with the weather last week , the pitch looked a bit heavy but held up surprisingly well during the game. The mon dog also has a rival in chipper van Loi wars , the Finn harps cowboy supper , battered sausage & curry chips. A greasy feed on a cold damp night.
    Yeah we’ve no excuses really,we aren’t taking our chances and we’ve had numerous ones in every game apart from the Bohs game,giving away some awful goals aswell which is a bad combination,it’s a new team and time will tell how we shape up ….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Desperately need things to start going our way in front of goal yeah.
    Schoolboy defending for both Pats goals and again issues up the other end. Mihaljevic looks a cracking player but he should have four or five goals to his name by now. Mahdy has been poor, and I'd fear Hery and McNamee are too similar to play together, and so one or both are ending up out of position every game.
    Lack of depth in the squad already hurting us with both left sided defenders Donelon and Slevin having injury issues, and stuck with Jose Carrillo at left back, who has done well out of position to be fair to him.

Need to start getting points on the board fairly sharpish
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitd View Post
    What’s going on in Treaty poor by club to call game off an hour before Ko
    Surely the knew it was in difficulty before that it make a mockery of our league don’t accept the weather argument both cork and Galway get similar weather and no issues it’s was fine all day with little rain
    Should clubs be hit with a fine or loss of points for been so unprepared for season start
    Mad form down in Limerick pitch passed an morning examination if that was the case why another checkup? Wots the point in doing a morning one? Saw post on facebook from one of our committee members on Facebook hes not happy with the cancellation!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I wonder what the story was with the Bohs fans smashing up the cat and cage in drumcondra last night?
    Bit random to go from a derby in tallaght to drumcondra to smash up a pub.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
    I wonder what the story was with the Bohs fans smashing up the cat and cage in drumcondra last night?
    Hard to figure tbh. I don't even know why they would be upset , their board said recently that bohs didn't judge success by winning things so it's hard to figure why they would be upset at all.
    Maybe the guy running the cat and cage was serving non fair trade coffee ??? Gotta be a reason I suppose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
    Trying to move focus on to local rivalry at a level they might be able to compete?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    All Bohs have to say is the usual, that they aren't members and it immediately becomes a non-issue.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast