Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games Weekend 4th 5th March

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Really poor stuff from Rovers huffing and puffing their way to mid table against an average ( no disrespect meant) Pats side…. No chance of 3 in a row based on that crap- disgraceful , metronomic tippy tippy with no end product as no pace in the team ; we created a few half chances and conceded a soft goal ; going nowhere but down fast; as lost to average Derry and Pats and only wins against relegation teams
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 04/03/2022 at 8:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Cozy for GUFC in the second half, 2-2 now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Chris Forrester > whoever you think the best player in this league is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    That’s was a pleasant surprise. I thought Rovers had enough of the ball and enough chances to win the game. I thought they were much the better side in the first half. The second was a different story as we battled hard to win the game. I gave Scott guff but I felt he fought hard tonight while being overlapped a lot of the time. The CB grivosti had a tidy game and O’Reilly worked very hard in midfield. The Motm was super git yet again immense. The crowd was amazing , must have been 5k at it. I’ve missed Loi nights like this. On a side note I was surprised by the carry by mandroiu to the Rovers bench , poor form when he was taken off.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    4-1 now
    FT Drogs 4-2 UCD

Good result - great to see the strikers get a few.

Disappointed to let two very soft goals in but this defence is still finding its feet.

Felt we missed a few real chances too.

Getting closer to our starting 11 but I think 2-3 spots still not bedded down yet which is reasonable given the amount of squad rebuilding needed. This team has more to give.

We need to build on this result and pick up points from teams who will finish above us etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Bohs probably shaded it in Ballybofey,but have a look out for Connollys goal,great strike,ref also had a shocker and the only surprise was he sent off a Bohs player instead of a Harps one ,red was very harsh aswell….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Bohs probably shaded it in Ballybofey,but have a look out for Connollys goal,great strike,ref also had a shocker and the only surprise was he sent off a Bohs player instead of a Harps one ,red was very harsh aswell….
    Was a tough game, I'd say a draw was fair enough. The Harps goal was the best bit of quality in the match, lovely ball by Hery and a brilliant strike by Connolly.

Really tough conditions, but both teams gave their best and there was hardly a bad challenge in the game, yet the ref has dished out 8 yellows, and a red to Promise. Its farcical. Promise was our best player too, could have had a hat trick. But I assume he misses next week's game against the Shams.

Harps should be able to stay above the relegation trapdoor playing at home like that, really well organised and a tough place for anyone to visit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Really poor stuff from Rovers huffing and puffing their way to mid table against an average ( no disrespect meant) Pats side…. No chance of 3 in a row based on that crap- disgraceful , metronomic tippy tippy with no end product as no pace in the team ; we created a few half chances and conceded a soft goal ; going nowhere but down fast; as lost to average Derry and Pats and only wins against relegation teams
    Didn't see any of it, another shocking LOI TV thing, hardly an incentive for a fan to pay for a game not involving your own team, example this time last year, Dundalk not playing Fri, I was all over this Pats v Rover game.

Anyway very early days for Rovers, two defeats maybe but still two hardest away games gone until series 3, then again Dundalk is next away after Bohs!

Look, for me I still think whoever finishes ahead of Rovers wins it, Derry look in great shape and 100% top 2, and as for Pats v Rovers, I never saw this win tonight, a draw at best, but there you go.

Calcio, is it possibly a case of too much to pick from in MF maybe the challenge for Rovers?
    Last edited by oriel; 04/03/2022 at 9:48 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Shels defence held out an unimpressive Derry comfortably enough until a few series of corners around 75 mins led to our keeper finally getting tested and he duly palmed the ball to McEleney on what should have been a bread and butter save, we have Brendan Clarke sitting on the bench for the past 4 games it's staggering

No controlling physical presence in the middle of the park and no attacking talent apart from Moylan. Duff has a grim job ahead of him
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    And the award for the biggest overreaction goes to....

Tight enough game, Rovers had some good chances in the first half, but once pats got themselves ahead they battled hard to win the game so fair result I suppose.
    Great crowd there anyway, and should be another decent crowd next week in Tallaght against boez.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Didn't see any of it, another shocking LOI TV thing, hardly an incentive for a fan to pay for a game not involving your own team, example this time last year, Dundalk not playing Fri, I was all over this Pats v Rover game.

Anyway very early days for Rovers, two defeats maybe but still two hardest away games gone until series 3, then again Dundalk is next away after Bohs!

Look, for me I still think whoever finishes ahead of Rovers wins it, Derry look in great shape and 100% top 2, and as for Pats v Rovers, I never saw this win tonight, a draw at best, but there you go.

Calcio, is it possibly a case of too much to pick from in MF maybe the challenge for Rovers?
    For me the problem is a lack of pace… we play a very predictable controlled but too slow approach …. Think we’ll improve greatly once Farrugia and Burke are available… I don’t buy into the we’ve too many top class players to pick and keep happy…. They are happy as they’ve the best wages, contracts , training centre, stadium , support etc.

Next few games Bohs, Duns & Sligo will be interesting though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    And the award for the biggest overreaction goes to....

Tight enough game, Rovers had some good chances in the first half, but once pats got themselves ahead they battled hard to win the game so fair result I suppose.
    Great crowd there anyway, and should be another decent crowd next week in Tallaght against boez.
    Glad you seem to be able to accept a defeat to an average Pats team that follows on from last week in Derry … we should be easily beating the like of Pats , not conceding a soft goal and then with 35 mins left unable to create anything but a few half chances - mid table mediocrity performance levels - no thanks , we’re way better than that

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Glad you seem to be able to accept a defeat to an average Pats team that follows on from last week in Derry … we should be easily beating the like of Pats , not conceding a soft goal and then with 35 mins left unable to create anything but a few half chances - mid table mediocrity performance levels - no thanks , we’re way better than that
    But maybe you’re not way better than that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Chris Forrester is the best midfielder in the country.

Rovers don’t look a patch on last season or the season before. Joey O’Brien looks a big loss and too much goes through Byrne.

Derry’s title to lose from here

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    This is clearly the overreaction thread...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    This is clearly the overreaction thread...
    Isn’t every match week thread?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    At half time in the Bohs game, I switched over to the action at Richmond.

In that 15 minute spell, I saw Forrester head in the winner, Mandroiu get subbed off and throw a strop, and Lyons get hit on the head with a ball thrown at him from behind by a Pats fan.

Were the other 75 mins as good as that?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Great second half comeback by Galway tonight, started by a lovely worked headed goal by Jordan Adeyemo. Important to have not lost tonight's game, after the terrible start last year. Good crowd and atmosphere on a lovely night weatherwise.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Big result for pats tonight, much needed 3 points after the previous 2 results. Improved performance from Scott at RB. Adam O'Reilly was brilliant in midfield on his first start for the club alongside the best midfielder in the league Forrester.

Surprised at how toothless rovers were tonight. They’ll no doubt improve when the likes of Jack Byrne and Mandroiu return to the starting 11 though…
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    The most kind thing I can say about Damien MacGraith is that he clearly dislikes football and done his best to prevent any being played in Finn Park.

Shambles of a referee.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast