Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: The Rathbane 500

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

The Rathbane 500

Come on lads after the recent crapness of the team lets all now club together and try to get 500 loyal blues fans up to a home game at Rathbane and create an athmosphere. Its going to be very difficult lads but if we all get together theres a chance.

Funny how quickly your ambtions can be shot down following Limerick

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not having a go at you but why?

We were slammed for trying to organise away support for our flailing team. Why should we step in and try ad organise support again?

How about this for an idea:

1. Proper coverage in local and national press. Make it happen Samuel.
    2. An end to the bulling in the dressing room that is seeing us put out a weaker team than we are capable of playing week after week, and which it seems is going to lose us up to 5 players in the coming weeks ifthe rumours are true.
    3. Good football - I know it sounds obvious but we aren't doing it, and it's not for lack of ability (see point 2).

Getting a crowd for games is the responsibility of the club. We can't constantly bail the club when things get tough - we've been doing it for years and it's about time we stopped.

My reaction to this post is perhaps we should ask people to do the opposite. Money is the main focus in the club at the moment - not football, not fans and definitely not the players. Maybe we should be running a drive to get Limerick fans to boycott a game? As much as I would not like to see a situation where we are pushed to it, the current climate of ignorance and bullying that exists in the club must be addressed as soon as possible.
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004