Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: U23 Players 2021-22

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Ollie O'Neill linked to moves to West Ham and Spurs, in the Athletic today. Reporter would be pretty reliable. Weather he goes or not seems like O'Neill is highly rated.

https://theathletic.com/3299998/2022...lise-new-deal/

Fulham trying to stop O’Neill leaving for Spurs or West Ham
    Fulham’s record of identifying and producing exciting young talent has proven to be very good in recent years, with Fabio Carvalho the latest to follow in the footsteps of Harvey Elliott, Ryan Sessegnon and Moussa Dembele, writes Peter Rutzler.
    Retaining those players has been more of a challenge, particularly as clubs keep a closer eye on the talent emerging from their Motspur Park HQ. This summer will be no different, as the Premier League-bound west London club try to finalise new agreements before the retention deadline of the third Saturday in May, which this year is May 21.
    Fulham are in discussions with several players, and among them is Ollie O’Neill, a promising winger who is attracting Premier League interest, including from West Ham United and Tottenham.
    The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international is in the final year of his contract at Craven Cottage but while Fulham want to keep him, the 19-year-old is yet to agree a new deal. Multiple clubs have also asked about taking O’Neill on loan next season.
    He has been in the first-team picture this season, making the bench for their Carabao Cup tie with Leeds United in September.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    chances of him defecting to england? must be on the radar if there is interest from top half pl clubs

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    750 Posts
    I don't really see what he would gain from switching at this stage. He would use up his switch for the sake of a possible England Under 21 callup. For a dual player like O'Neill it's only really worth using the switch if he's in line for an English senior cap (this is all assuming that he would want to play for England - I know nothing about his background or intentions).

But Marcus McGuane is probably a good example of why it's not worth using the switch at underage level.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    When O'Neill scored his last minute winner against Sweden there was a little talk about this. From what I remember, England have been chasing him already. But, apparently, he has no interest. I think he may well have an Irish-born parent or two and I think has all Irish grandparents. That all sounds very Jack Grealish, I know (see also O'Neill's hair!), but I believe he has been clear on it already.

This article is useful: https://www.the42.ie/ollie-oneill-on...03735-Nov2021/

“I spent every summer in Galway more or less. I’m going to Galway for Christmas actually. I’ll be back here in a month. So six weeks every summer I stayed with my grandparents, and time in Kerry and Waterford as well.”

I take from that that he has one Irish-born parent from Galway and then the other parent was born to a Kerry and Waterford parent.

If he does move then I hope to God he doesn't go to West Ham after the last experience.

6. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    When O'Neill scored his last minute winner against Sweden there was a little talk about this. From what I remember, England have been chasing him already. But, apparently, he has no interest. I think he may well have an Irish-born parent or two and I think has all Irish grandparents. That all sounds very Jack Grealish, I know (see also O'Neill's hair!), but I believe he has been clear on it already.

This article is useful: https://www.the42.ie/ollie-oneill-on...03735-Nov2021/

“I spent every summer in Galway more or less. I’m going to Galway for Christmas actually. I’ll be back here in a month. So six weeks every summer I stayed with my grandparents, and time in Kerry and Waterford as well.”

I take from that that he has one Irish-born parent from Galway and then the other parent was born to a Kerry and Waterford parent.

If he does move then I hope to God he doesn't go to West Ham after the last experience.
    Been with us since under 16s in a side with louie barry and riley who have since switched back to England and harkin who some would have us believe is switching to the North

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    O'Neills interview after the last minute winner against Sweden was brilliant. The sheer joy in him was very cool to see. I'd doubt based on that interview alone he would switch.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    If there's truth in this then U19s player Jack Henry Francis could be playing league one football next season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Good player him. There’s some really interesting English-born centre midfielders born in 2003 and 2004:Jack Henry-Francis, Cian Coleman, Ed McJannett and Harry Vaughan. All have a decent chance to be somebody.

You’ve also got Fionn Mooney who was involved in an U19s training camp but is probably still with England and you’ve got Josh Ireland who I’ve never seen live, just highlights. Depending on who you believe, Josh is either a serious prospect who could be better than his father or a guy who simply won’t be good enough. He was definitely very advanced at u15 and u16 but the theory is during covid and all the messing with him going on trial, leaving Stoke, staying with Stoke etc etc that he might have suffered as a result… time will tell I guess

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    750 Posts
    There might be room for a promotion to the Under 21s for a couple of those lads for the next campaign. It doesn't seem like we have a huge amount in central midfield from the 2002 group other than Joe Hodge (also English born of course).

Conor Coventry is finally overage after this campaign, it feels like he has been a starter for the Under 21s for half a decade or more.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    There might be room for a promotion to the Under 21s for a couple of those lads for the next campaign. It doesn't seem like we have a huge amount in central midfield from the 2002 group other than Joe Hodge (also English born of course).

Conor Coventry is finally overage after this campaign, it feels like he has been a starter for the Under 21s for half a decade or more.
    Well the next U19s campaign starts Oct/Nov for the 2004 age group, and will end either March 2023 or July 2023. Pretty sure the next U21s campaign won't start until September 2023 so the 2004 lads will have moved on to the 21s by that stage.

Joe Hodge, Darragh Burns, Mipo Odubeko and Armstrong Okoflex are probably the only 2002 born players I can think of off the top of my head. Festy is there but probably won't go back to play 21s.

You had Tayo Adaramola, Ollie O'Neill, Sinclair Armstrong as the 2003s and Ferguson 2004 in the last squad. Could definitely see most of it being made up of 2003 lads with a couple of 2002 and 2004s like Abankwah and possibly Harry Vaughan. Sam Curtis though I do think will also move up to the 21s after the next 19s campaign and won't play with the rest of the 2005 lads when it's their year for 19s.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post

Pretty much Hodge and Phillips from 2002 and Kian Leavy who’s a bit more attacking. At u17, Seamus Keogh was starting there before being converted to a right back. Think he’s back playing centre midfield for Sligo but not sure how much of an option he still is. Charlie McCann was also involved but he’s gone north now.

From 2003, you’d also have Ben McCormack who I like and Evan Caffrey who’s also decent and Kian Corbally who Mohan seemed to like.

There’s also a lad playing for Wigan who is highly rated there Baba Adeeko (I’ve never seen him play). There’s Tom Hill who could end up a midfielder, so hard to tell considering he’s been injured for 18 months. There’s Andy Moran and John Joe Patrick Finn who could end up as wingers or as attacking midfielders. There’s Ola Ibrahim who’s another interesting dude and you could imagine he’d have a decent route to the first team considering Derby’s situation…

Obviously a good percentage will stagnate or go backwards but it’s a pretty good base to work with.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Dara Costelloe (19) has signed a new contract at Burnley. He finished top scorer with 12 goals for their U-23s and was included in the bench for Burnley's final seven league games.

He's obviously rated as one of the more promising young prospects at Turf Moor and it'll be interesting to see if he can make an impact at Championship level next year.
    Last edited by Trequartista20; 22/06/2022 at 11:07 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Dara Costelloe (19) has signed a new contract at Burnley. He finished top scorer with 12 goals for their U-23s and was included in the bench for Burnley's final seven league games.

He's obviously rated as one of the more promising young prospects at Turf Moor and it'll be interesting to see if he can make an impact at Championship level next year.
    A really interesting one with very limited international experience because of covid and probably his very late in the year birthday. A stephen ireland academy product as well

17. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    I'm looking forward to seeing how moran gets on at brighton in preseason and if he gets a loan and where Sevilla move johanson to for the season. His season in Holland appeared to be very unsuccessful

19. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Conor grant signed for mk dons from Rochdale. Might be a good club for him to progress

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567