Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alan Reynolds

What a laugh this would be from eleven-a-side.com

"Rennie" linked with Cork Return

June 21, 2005

Following his resignation from the player-manager’s position at Waterford United on Monday, Alan Reynolds has been linked with a sensational return to the playing staff of eircom League Premier Division leaders Cork City.

Reynolds enjoyed a successful spell at Turners Cross three years ago, but left the club in acrimonious circumstances in 2003 when he opted to jump ship to join Shamrock Rovers after apparently reaching verbal agreement on a new deal at Cork.

After one season with the Hoops, Reynolds returned to his hometown club as player-manager, becoming part of a dream-team ticket with newly-appointed Director of Football Paul McGrath.

McGrath’s stint at the club was short-lived, but Reynolds made light of his departure to guide the club to their first FAI Cup final appearance in 18 years last season as well as to a highly commendable fifth-place finish in the Premier Division.

However, this season was brought with it untold turmoil for the RSC outfit, with revelations of unmanageable financial losses, the departure of successive chairmen Ger O’Brien and Greg Pheasey and the departure of star striker Daryl Murphy.

The true extent of the club’s financial worries was hinted at when it became clear that the vast majority of the reputed €150,000 earned from the sale of Murphy to Premiership side Sunderland would be required to satisfy creditors.

The situation worsened on Monday when Reynolds opted to step down as player-manager, his last act being a red card offence after the final whistle against Finn Harps last Saturday night.

And now it appears that the controversial 31-year-old could be on his way back to Cork, where, no doubt, a mixed reception will await him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Pat Fenlon said that if Reynolds will turn Professional he'll will have a talk with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So cork lads wat type of reception is he gona get.Who here is gona welcome him with open arms or is that a stupid question???

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I will abide with whatever decision Rico makes, but I would be utterly disgusted to see that scumbag in a City jersey again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    but I would be utterly disgusted to see that scumbag in a City jersey again.
    I'd be disgusted if ANY club give him another chance if what he did up in Finn Park is true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN
    I'd be disgusted if ANY club give him another chance if what he did up in Finn Park is true.
    Me too he's a disgrace
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm perfectly happy if Shels take him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would not say no to him to,i would love to see him back at Rovers.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nobodys going welcome him back, but its the manager's decision to make, simple as that. I seem to remember someone saying a few weeks ago that they hoped Richardson wouldn't buy to please the fans. We can't turn around now campaigning against his first signing. In any case, I doubt it will happen. By the way, I know Reynolds got sent off at the final whistle in Finn Park...for something awful, according to suggestions and hints...but for what exactly?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    By the way, I know Reynolds got sent off at the final whistle in Finn Park...for something awful, according to suggestions and hints...but for what exactly?
    For punching Chris Breen after the final whistle had been blown.Breen went to shake hands with him after the game and Rennie just decked him.What he did was a disgrace and has no place in the game,he should of been charged with assault,along with the red card he received.
    Absolutely disgraceful and not one Blues fan that travelled to the game failed to be disgusted by it,whatever support Rennie after recent results disappeared after witnessing that incidemt and I don't believe too many were sorry to see him go!!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He's a great player and I'd sign him up just so he couldn't sign for anyone else (Shels). I reckon he'll end up back at Rovers.

If we did sign him, he'd be struggling badly to get a game. George is a guarantee and I can't see him as being better than Gamble or O'Brien. Gamble is so young too.

I personally would have prefered him to stay at Waterford where he was doing us no harm and we could openly hate him.
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!