Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Treaty United

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    And still no sign of white smoke on licenses.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    So it would seem! No word on POS's effort though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...-40221593.html

Treaty United are set to be part of the First Division fixture list announced on Monday, ensuring Limerick regains a presence in the senior League of Ireland.

A dispute between Limerick and the FAI last year triggered the absence of a club from the county in the League for the first time since 1937.
    A new entity from the locality, led by former County Manager Conn Murray, initially saw their efforts to join the League as Limerick United scuppered by trademark issues but rebranded as Treaty United to take a spot in the 2020 Women’s National League.
    After being permitted to apply for a license to participate in the upcoming First Division, it is understood their submission has been granted the green light by the independent assessment group.
    Tommy Barrett – who managed Limerick FC up until their demise in 2019 – has today been formally appointed as their manager. The team will play their home matches at Markets Field in the city.
    It is understood Treaty will replace Shamrock Rovers’ B in the 10-team division. The Hoops were reluctantly accepted by fellow First Division clubs into the second tier last season conditional on the arrangement lasting solely for one season.
    New wording in the latest version of the Participation Agreement which clubs must sign also makes it very difficult for a top-flight club to field reserve side at senior level.
    A prospective new venture backed by American-based figures, entitled Dublin County FC, are thought to have come up short on their initial attempt to gain entrance to the First Division.
    Treaty, whose board includes Limerick University sporting director Dave Mahedy and Limerick Chamber of Commerce member Dr Mary Shire, will start the process of arranging friendlies ahead of the First Division kicking off on March 26.
    The FAI have informed clubs in both divisions of clearance from the health authorities to play warm-up matches between themselves from February 21.
    “I’m delighted personally to be handed a huge responsibility by the board,” Limerick native Tommy Barrett said after his appointment.
    “My ambition was always to stay in the League of Ireland and I’m thrilled I can do this at my hometown club.
    “I am very passionate about progressing football in the mid-west. I can’t wait to get back on the pitch with players. With the collective focus at the club now in progress, I’m excited for the future.”
    Chairman Murray added:
    We worked extremely hard in the background over the past nine months. And from an early stage we identified Tommy as a good fit for Treaty United.
    “His experience in the league will be crucial and his record at developing young players is evident when you look around the country and further afield.
    “He is still a relatively young manager and we look forward to giving him the time and support he will need to progress football in the region.”

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Tommy Barrett speaking this morning on live95.
    https://www.live95fm.ie/news/sport/l...with-the-club/

as Pat O'Sullivan delusion continues.
    https://www.live95fm.ie/news/sport/l...-for-the-club/
    Last edited by Mastershake87; 06/02/2021 at 12:35 PM.

6. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Dublin Irish Sea County have sent a few tweets out today which hint at them expecting positive news e.g. saying they're looking forwrad to the fixtures being released on Monday.

They've also got a new GAA-esque crest

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Their crest is awful too. Not sure how much sense it makes either. St Bridget's Cross, a pigeon, and barley..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Any picture of this crest Nigel as I dont follow them on social media. If its true about Treaty getting in on Monday and Limerick in 2022 does that mean Limerick city can sustain 2 loi clubs?I couldnt see it work out tbh..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    POS is saying he wants to build to getting a senior side back in the league for 2022, but that doesn't mean the FAI has to let him. If they are smart they won't.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

12. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Any picture of this crest Nigel as I dont follow them on social media. If its true about Treaty getting in on Monday and Limerick in 2022 does that mean Limerick city can sustain 2 loi clubs?I couldnt see it work out tbh..
    There's absolutely no way POS will ever be let near the league again. The best thing he could do for Limerick football is to get out of Treaty's way.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Never say never with the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    There's absolutely no way POS will ever be let near the league again. The best thing he could do for Limerick football is to get out of Treaty's way.
    I agree with you but am a little wary of the fact that he's been allowed to linger, like a bad fart, around the underage setup. Are the FAI that afraid of him going down the legal route? In any case, whatever about his original intentions, the health of Limerick football is no longer a concern for the man.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    The problem the FAI have is if he comes up with a funded business plan its hard to exclude him.
    He must feel that if he can get a team into the league he will be able to get soneone (Dublin county or some such) to invest in it on a franchise basis.

If Limerick supporters turn out for Treaty then it makes that delusion even harder to believe in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Was the Barcelona friendly the trigger for POS to go a bit mental? If I was him I'd spend the rest of my days fighting the FAI, they thoroughly deserve it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Neither Dublin County nor Treaty United tagged in the league's tweet about the first division fixture coming out tomorrow, which is interesting
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    Was the Barcelona friendly the trigger for POS to go a bit mental? If I was him I'd spend the rest of my days fighting the FAI, they thoroughly deserve it.
    Not at all. Shur POS was one of the people who released a fulsome statement in praise of Delaney. A transparent dope who thinks he's a genius.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Not at all. Shur POS was one of the people who released a fulsome statement in praise of Delaney. A transparent dope who thinks he's a genius.
    I don't think that POS really thought Delaney was great, Pat was just being a snake who knew he'd be done for with Delaney gone, its hard to believe a word from that man's mouth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    I don't think that POS really thought Delaney was great, Pat was just being a snake who knew he'd be done for with Delaney gone, its hard to believe a word from that man's mouth
    I agree with this. Just more self-serving, short-sighted posturing from POS who recognised Delaney as being cut from a similar cloth to himself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Tommy Barrett on the current situation, and has a few comments on what we can expect of Treaty get in: https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021...t-on-loi-spot/

It'll be an amateur team for at least that first season, probably more, so no one should be expecting too much in the short term.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Tommy Barrett on the current situation, and has a few comments on what we can expect of Treaty get in: https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021...t-on-loi-spot/

It'll be an amateur team for at least that first season, probably more, so no one should be expecting too much in the short term.
    Yeah listened to it Tommy seemed very optimistic of Treaty getting in. Wot will POS next move be I wonder ?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast