Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liverpool wil defend their title!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Since Liverpool replaced the Slovakian team , does that mean that if pool do well it will improve the co-effecient of the Slovakian team?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    First off, i'm not happy with having to play in the first round. The least Liverpool should have awarded is a 3rd qualifying round place. Putting the holders needlessly into earlier rounds involving comparitively mediocre teams is a poor decision. UEFA bottled it as far as i'm concerned. The same way they bottled the Real Madrid decision years ago. They have put Liverpool in at the first stage simply because any other decision would have been egg on their collective idiotic faces.
    Liverpool were very sneaky in the way they played this. They went on about how they "deserved" to defend their title, even though they knew the rules before they entered the competition. They (in conjunction with the FA and the british media) deliberatley engineered a situation where the pressure was put on UEFA to atone for the fact that the FA didn't have the balls to make a decision, and liverpool weren't good enough to qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by mypost
    In all honesty, you can't take Eanna's post seriously. The only club he has a soft spot for is Cork City, and that's it.
    Sorry, I had forgotten that you know what I'm thinking I've always liked Liverpool, but I have no respect for them after this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    Liverpool were very sneaky in the way they played this. They went on about how they "deserved" to defend their title, even though they knew the rules before they entered the competition. They (in conjunction with the FA and the british media) deliberatley engineered a situation where the pressure was put on UEFA to atone for the fact that the FA didn't have the balls to make a decision, and liverpool weren't good enough to qualify.
    Sneaky but clever. UEFA were made out as the bad guys while the English FA have now got 5 representatives in the competition and don't have a load of Everton fans trying to kill them. UEFA should have told English FA that it was Liverpools spot and not Evertons if they won the CL instead of allowing the English FA confirm Everton their place weeks in advance of the Final.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong
    Sneaky but clever. UEFA were made out as the bad guys while the English FA have now got 5 representatives in the competition and don't have a load of Everton fans trying to kill them. UEFA should have told English FA that it was Liverpools spot and not Evertons if they won the CL instead of allowing the English FA confirm Everton their place weeks in advance of the Final.
    exactly

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    wrong -Uefa weren't the bad guys ,they were just the wimps who couldn't stand up to the FA

The real bad guys in this are the FA .Last season they had a rule in place when Chelsea and Arsenal met.They changed that rule this season.Precedent had been set with the spanish fa .The english fa should have followed suit except they didn't have ths b@lls to make decision.
    Instead,they forced Brian barwick to pull out of any decision making as he would have been accused of Bias (being a Liverpool season ticket holder) but instead a decision was made by Arsenals david dein and the bolton chairman ,both who were biased ,Bolton who at the time were a point of 4th and dein,who didn't want his superstars coming home early from holidays

The FA have now done 3 things .1 ensured that they are now in the pockets of at least 4 different football assosiations
    2.They've majorly pi$$ed of Uefa by forcing them in a corner
    3.opened a possibility of a CL place less going to the EPL due to a turkish team being bumped up a place

Eanna - you say you had respect for liverpool buts its gone now cos of they way they snuck in !!!!
    How is this ?? By WINNING the competition.

As for the sneaky way "they went about it",there was not one word from the club until they won the competition ,then the English media decided to push.It was the FA who swung the UEFA decision by lobbying other member countries

Liverpool ,as CHAMPIONS of the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE,should not be playing these early rounds.Its a ridicules decision.The very least they should have done is put them in the QR1,but to be honest ,that would have been a poor decision also

For all those who are harping on about Liverpool this and liverpool that . i've one question

Everythings thats gone on with Liverpool,UEFA and FA, ,substitute the word liverpool with ManUtd or Chelsea...now ask yerselves a honest question ,If It had been either of those two clubs ,would the outcome be the same ?????
    The lunatic is on the grass
    Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
    Got to keep the loonies on the path

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    just so some of you can see the webpage and rules the FA remove after liverpool beat chelsea see url below

Fa Hypocrisy pages

So ,this is put in place to protect both Arsenal and chelsea the year previous ,yet this season,arsenals and boltons chairmen deem to go against the rules they've had for the previous years

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redgav
    wrong -Uefa weren't the bad guys ,they were just the wimps who couldn't stand up to the FA
    They were wimps, but they are just as guilty because of that fact.

Eanna - you say you had respect for liverpool buts its gone now cos of they way they snuck in !!!!
    How is this ?? By WINNING the competition.
    They snuck in because they don't deserve to be in it- the rules were clear, and they should not have qualified. Its wrong.

As for the sneaky way "they went about it",there was not one word from the club until they won the competition ,then the English media decided to push.
    "Not one word about UNTIL they won the competition"? Too bloody right there wasn't. That would have displayed incredible arrogance. But the crap they've come out with since was nothing other than calculated effort to pressurise UEFA into allowing them into the competition- see above "snuck in."

Liverpool ,as CHAMPIONS of the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE,should not be playing these early rounds.Its a ridicules decision.The very least they should have done is put them in the QR1,but to be honest ,that would have been a poor decision also
    Liverpool, as a team who did not qualify for the competition based on the rules of the competition, which they obviously agreed to by entering, should not be playing in the competition at all. Simple as.

Everythings thats gone on with Liverpool,UEFA and FA, ,substitute the word liverpool with ManUtd or Chelsea...now ask yerselves a honest question ,If It had been either of those two clubs ,would the outcome be the same ?????
    As far as I'm concerned thats not the issue. I would be disagreeing with this decision whatever team was involved. Its typical of the unmitigated arrogance that is so prevalent in English football these days. As I said, I had a lot of respect for L'pool, in my eyes they are the only English club with a true European pedigree, and their fans are second to none, but the reputation they have for having a sporting attitude has been severley damaged, at least in my eyes.
    Last edited by Éanna; 12/06/2005 at 10:17 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Éanna][They were wimps, but they are just as guilty because of that fact.]

Yes uefa are guilty of not laying down the rules clearer when it happened previosly but facts of the matter is ,that the FA should have followed the precedent set,they didn't ,instead choosing political means

[They snuck in because they don't deserve to be in it- the rules were clear, and they should not have qualified. Its wrong.]

Yeah,from now on lets call it the European league ,cos clearly winning the damn thing isn't enough for some people

["Not one word about UNTIL they won the competition"? Too bloody right there wasn't. That would have displayed incredible arrogance. But the crap they've come out with since was nothing other than calculated effort to pressurise UEFA into allowing them into the competition- see above "snuck in."]

this crap you mention ,would you like to provide the links or even the c&p's of it .Liverpool fc on a whole have been very dignified about the whle thing.Theres been very little official word from the club.You may be basing your opinion on the English media .......thats a very different thing eanna and it has nothing to do with the club.Its just been another stry for the murdochmachine to run with since their darling chavs nd the previous darlings ,the prawnies ,were knocked out

[Liverpool, as a team who did not qualify for the competition based on the rules of the competition, which they obviously agreed to by entering, should not be playing in the competition at all. Simple as]

The rules of the competition which was adjusted this season.Extrordinary circumstances as no one forsaw any other team other than the roublefed mafiosochavs.The competition is a mockery (it is anyway ) if the champions ,of the "champions league" are not in it.Its not as if its the first time this has happened .Forest finished 8th (i think may have been 6th) when they won it the second year,also ame thing happened with Zargosa

[As far as I'm concerned thats not the issue. I would be disagreeing with this decision whatever team was involved. Its typical of the unmitigated arrogance that is so prevalent in English football these days. As I said, I had a lot of respect for L'pool, in my eyes they are the only English club with a true European pedigree, and their fans are second to none, but the reputation they have for having a sporting attitude has been severley damaged, at least in my eyes]

I didn't ask you if it was a issue that concerned you,i asked you a specific question .avoiding and running from the question as well as reiterating your own opinion wasn't part of the answer needed .a simple yes or no would suffice
    regarding your last para,agin I refer you to show me the exact quotes from the Club officials thats so tainted them ....in your eyes
    There hasn't been ,theres been ex players ,theres been no doubt one or two present players ,but everything else was just media bullsh!t again.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    but facts of the matter is ,that the FA should have followed the precedent set,they didn't ,instead choosing political means
    Agreed. So the point is, either liverpool or everton should not be in the CL next season. The FA made it quite clear that the 4th place team would be the one to qualify, therefore L'pool should not have been allowed in.

Yeah,from now on lets call it the European league ,cos clearly winning the damn thing isn't enough for some people
    should have been called that a long time ago. Its a joke.

this crap you mention ,would you like to provide the links or even the c&p's of it .Liverpool fc on a whole have been very dignified about the whle thing.Theres been very little official word from the club.You may be basing your opinion on the English media .......thats a very different thing eanna and it has nothing to do with the club.Its just been another stry for the murdochmachine to run with since their darling chavs nd the previous darlings ,the prawnies ,were knocked out
    To be perfectly honest gav, I don't actually care enough about the issue to go looking for quotes- I do remember seeing an interview/press conference with benitex, where he said something along the lines of "It seems extraordinary that the champions would not be allowed to defend the trophy." That, IMO, was a clear attempt to put pressure on UEFA to bend the rules. I'm not basing it on the english media, as I wouldn't base anything on the jingoistic morons who constitute it.

The rules of the competition which was adjusted this season.Extrordinary circumstances as no one forsaw any other team other than the roublefed mafiosochavs.The competition is a mockery (it is anyway ) if the champions ,of the "champions league" are not in it.Its not as if its the first time this has happened .Forest finished 8th (i think may have been 6th) when they won it the second year,also ame thing happened with Zargosa
    The rules were clear enough. They should have been adhered to.

I didn't ask you if it was a issue that concerned you,i asked you a specific question .avoiding and running from the question as well as reiterating your own opinion wasn't part of the answer needed .a simple yes or no would suffice
    I wasn;t avoiding or running from the question at all, I just don't see the relevance of it, and I'm not about to start arguing the toss between 3/4 clubs that I really have no interest in. I'm not interested in the politics of English football TBH, but if you want an answer: if it had been another English club involved, I would imagine UEFA would have bowed to the pressure from the FA and that club, just as they have done with L'pool.

regarding your last para,agin I refer you to show me the exact quotes from the Club officials thats so tainted them ....in your eyes
    There hasn't been ,theres been ex players ,theres been no doubt one or two present players ,but everything else was just media bullsh!t again.
    see above- I haven't enough interest to trawl through the net looking for that kind of info.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Éanna][Agreed. So the point is, either liverpool or everton should not be in the CL next season. The FA made it quite clear that the 4th place team would be the one to qualify, therefore L'pool should not have been allowed in]

Which is the FA's fault and not Liverpools -they made the decision,with extremly biased people at a time when those people were only looking out for themselves

[should have been called that a long time ago. Its a joke.]

I agree ,the competition,for me,has lost all value,when it changed.Its too money orientated now,and I don't really agree with 3rd and 4th getting into it

[To be perfectly honest gav, I don't actually care enough about the issue to go looking for quotes- I do remember seeing an interview/press conference with benitex, where he said something along the lines of "It seems extraordinary that the champions would not be allowed to defend the trophy." That, IMO, was a clear attempt to put pressure on UEFA to bend the rules. I'm not basing it on the english media, as I wouldn't base anything on the jingoistic morons who constitute it.

The rules were clear enough. They should have been adhered to.

I wasn;t avoiding or running from the question at all, I just don't see the relevance of it, and I'm not about to start arguing the toss between 3/4 clubs that I really have no interest in. I'm not interested in the politics of English football TBH, but if you want an answer: if it had been another English club involved, I would imagine UEFA would have bowed to the pressure from the FA and that club, just as they have done with L'pool.

see above- I haven't enough interest to trawl through the net looking for that kind of info.]

don't take this the wrong way then eanna , but If you have no interest in the subject,are unwilling to back up your (wrong ) opinions with fact,are making a unsubstanciated statements which I feel are detrimental to LFC then wtf are you doing in the thread in the first place ???

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    don't take this the wrong way then eanna , but If you have no interest in the subject,are unwilling to back up your (wrong ) opinions with fact,are making a unsubstanciated statements which I feel are detrimental to LFC then wtf are you doing in the thread in the first place ???
    No, its a fair point. Like I said, I DO remember hearing Benitez saying something which to me sounded like he was putting pressure on UEFA. It was on sky sports news a few weeks ago

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    No, its a fair point. Like I said, I DO remember hearing Benitez saying something which to me sounded like he was putting pressure on UEFA. It was on sky sports news a few weeks ago
    But thats only once !!! and I remember it as well .Since then he's been silent .Benitez is the most dignified manager in that league since Bobby Robson hit the 100 years old mark ,( 30 years ago ) and he has just accepted the decision and gotten down to work .
    I honestly think the english media crap is whats influencing your opinion on Liverpool because with all honesty ,theres been nothing from the club on it.even now when fans are bemoaning the pathetic UEfa and Fa decisions,the club are just putting up happy go jolly Hohoho "I'm glad we're in the CL"stories on the website
    And that question was more pertinent than you gave it credit for.Particlarly when you look at the two clubs managers ...You think Liverpool are Ott now ,imagine if Sir rumandcoke or the Poser were in the same boat ? Sly sports would be camped outside there'd be hourly bulletins on the colour of their sh!te

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    just so some of you can see the webpage and rules the FA remove after liverpool beat chelsea see url below

So ,this is put in place to protect both Arsenal and chelsea the year previous ,yet this season,arsenals and boltons chairmen deem to go against the rules they've had for the previous years
    Some points on this conspiracy theory

Before we even start, any rule changes that the FA make are agreed with all premier league chairman BEFORE the season starts. The time for the lobbying of this rule was last july when this meeting took place that's if it was even a rule.

Anyhow Last year when Arsenal and Chelsea met in the QTR Final stage it was near impossible that either would have finished outside the top 4. 2 games after this, Arsenal were crowned Champions and Chelsea secured a Champions League Spot - the rule was never going to be required last year if it was even in operation in the first place which is questionable to this day.

What has Arsenal Chairman David Dein to gain from changing this rule. Arsenal stand to lose money beacuse an extra team will make it into the Champions League whereas we would have made more had things stayed the same with only four entrants as we where never going to finish 30 odd points off the top where we would have needed this rule for our benefit.

Arsenal couldn't give a flying fu*k if it's Liverpool or Everton who got the 4th spot as long as we were getting our much needed prize money which of course we now stand to lose should 5 teams qualify in a year where we are to move to a new stadium. Don't know which club your implying David Dein was allegedly looking after in this as it certainly wasn't the Arsenal.

You should take a look at the recent comments Liverpool Chairman Rick Parry made in congratulating David Dein's support of Liverpool's champions league placement before mouthing off ridiculous conspiracy theories. Perhaps someone knicked David's phone and sent those text messages to Parry when he wasn't looking.

With the sudden multiplying of Liverpool Shirts, moaning over having to cancel a tour of the Far East, talk of refusal to play in certain competitions and believeing in FA Conspiracy Theroies some Reds fans are in sincere danger of ending up like some of those wonderful supporters from Tampa Bay United.

You won the Champions League without being Champions
    you got into the competition without qualifying
    Your going to possibly get a share of money that isn't yours

what more do you want.

Be happy, things are looking good for yis.

Disclaimer: I was actually absolutely thrilled to see Liverpool win the UEFA Champions League .
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    Arsenal couldn't give a flying fu*k if it's Liverpool or Everton who got the 4th spot as long as we were getting our much needed prize money which of course we now stand to lose should 5 teams qualify in a year where we are to move to a new stadium. Don't know which club your implying David Dein was allegedly looking after in this as it certainly wasn't the Arsenal.
    One of the original solutions being touted was that if Liverpool were to win they would go to the group stages, this would have required Arsenal to go into the qualifiers. Of course they gave a flying fcuk
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    One of the original solutions being touted was that if Liverpool were to win they would go to the group stages, this would have required Arsenal to go into the qualifiers. Of course they gave a flying fcuk
    Exactly - just like whatisface from Bolton who at the time was 2 points off 4th spot .Of course he was just doin cartwheels in the door of the Soho square to give up the chance of his club getting potential millions in favour of a club being Champions of the tournament
    And as for Parry thanking Dein.Check yer facts and the wording of what he said .He thanked Dein for his efforts AFTER Dein and Co made the Decision to include the pub team,and wave the hand all you want ,but you are seriously deluded if you think Dein wasn't looking after his little babies thierry and co.I'm sure he would have loved to have his players back from holidays 5 weeks early and have to play a qualifier.

Oh as for your
    You won the Champions League without being Champions- Like Forest ,madrid,Ac Milan,Mancs...so what

you got into the competition without qualifying- Like Forest and Madrid ...again !
    Your going to possibly get a share of money that isn't yours- Cos at the end of the day thats all the gunners care bout .Money , whereas Liverpool go and do in his first season,with a beleagured squad ,what AW has had wet dreams of doing.Champions League Holders mate ,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    there is a lot of people who think the answer to your question is no, they would never have got uefa to change their rules, but media darlings liverpool did

(the decision is right however, the champions should deserve the oppurtunity to defend their title - but if they didn't qualify by right any other way, then start them at the qualifiers - for once i think uefa got it right)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    One of the 'possible' solutions but not the solution that was adopted by the Spanish FA or one that the FA ever mentioned which is what people on here are moaning about - the FA neglecting to do what the Spanish FA did. Liverpool would have taken the place of the forth place qualifier Everton as Real Madrid did with Zaragoza. Nobody in Spain lost their pre-determined automatic qualification spot.

Why haven't Barwick or Parry complained about this 'obvious' injustice?? Why is Parry openly congratulating David Dein in National Press??
    Last edited by Karlos; 13/06/2005 at 2:31 PM.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    Why is Parry openly congratulating David Dein in National Press??
    Because David Dein = The FA???
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And as for Parry thanking Dein.Check yer facts and the wording of what he said .He thanked Dein for his efforts AFTER Dein and Co made the Decision to include the pub team

He thanked him also openly two days after Liverpool's win in Istanbul also for his promise to do his best to allow Liverpool to defend their crown. Check your facts.

and wave the hand all you want ,but you are seriously deluded if you think Dein wasn't looking after his little babies thierry and co.I'm sure he would have loved to have his players back from holidays 5 weeks early and have to play a qualifier.
    Making Arsenal players come back early wasn't an issue - we'd qualified automatically under UEFA rules something which Liverpool didn't. FACT.

Oh as for your
    You won the Champions League without being Champions- Like Forest ,madrid,Ac Milan,Mancs...so what

you got into the competition without qualifying- Like Forest and Madrid ...again !
    Your going to possibly get a share of money that isn't yours- Cos at the end of the day thats all the gunners care bout .Money , whereas Liverpool go and do in his first season,with a beleagured squad ,what AW has had wet dreams of doing.Champions League Holders mate ,
    ha ha - u completly missed my point!! Liverpool fans have had a lot to be happy with this year and going down the moaning manc road isn't showing them to be the best supporters in the world - you won the cup, your in the cup again and your getting more money - what the fcuk do yis want???

You think I'm deluded, surely Liverpool only want to be in the Champions League just to defend their title and for the prestige, it's got nothing to do with potential millions. Oh and not to forgot that this descision now has you all crying over cancelling a pre-season trip to Japan for...........mmmmmm more millions!!!!

Only an idiot would suggest that any club isn't in it for the money. If the money suddenly got huge in LDV fans trophy every big club would jump to that - that's football these days mate
    Last edited by Karlos; 13/06/2005 at 2:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Because David Dein = The FA???

too easy mate!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123