Thread: Elliot

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Elliot

Were you impressed?
    I know he takes Robbie's place but would it work with him and Robbie up front at all? Mabye something to try in a friendly?
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Was very impressed with his preformance tonight. Don't know if he would be able to play with Robbie Keane up front as they play the same position. But agree it should be tried mayb against Italy.
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish
    Was very impressed with his preformance tonight. Don't know if he would be able to play with Robbie Keane up front as they play the same position. But agree it should be tried mayb against Italy.
    Elliot is versatile - that partnership would work imo. Defo bring him in in place of Clinton on last nights performance. Elliot had an alright first half but in the second half he was outstanding from the get-go. Didint stop running, chased balls down, battled for every ball, nicked the ball off defenders numerous times. Granted the opposition wasnt quality but it still needed to be done.

As for Morrison, deserves to be dropped for the offsides alone. Its pointless having someone up there that is going to stop every forward move before it starts by being offside. Someone teach him to take a look across the line...please.

Clinton needs to be kept on his toes and I think Elliot is the man to do it. Its good to have competition for such a position.
    Resign, now!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,700 Posts
    I thought he recovered very well from a poor first half (hardly his fault though - he barely saw the ball).

That run in the second half when the 'keeper saved it showed how much potential he has.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was very impressed..so no reason why kerr didn't swap him for keane on sat. Well done Stephen on a deserved MOTM. Well done Ireland too in what looked like dire condtions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Guys it was against the Faroe Islands, you would expect him to be "impressive".

And in fairness he didn't exactly do anything out of the ordinary, he did well for the penalty but had two woeful misses in the first half, I'd hardly be lumping for him to take Clintons place just yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I thought his attitude was spot on and it was a step above the rest of the team. He looked fresh and busy while others looked sluggish. I would very rarely blame a player for missing a chance. He should have scored but the most important thing was he did not think about it. he did not let it go to his head and his attitude in the second half was spot on as was his work rate. I think if Brian Kerr had of gone with him on Saturday instead of Kavanagh we would have had 3 points IMO. I am not so sure that Robbie and himself woudl work together and I do think Clinton is better against better opposition but he is not getting games for Birmingham and unless that changes I think Elliot will be putting serious threat for his place come the World Cup if we qualify.
    In Trap we trust

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Credit where it's due to Elliot. Fair enough the opposition wasn't great but that didn't make Duff, Keane or Kilbane look any better, for example. On the contrary, in fact. He put in a hearty performance albeit one you would expect from someone trying to vie for a place in the team, coming from a second rate EPL club. His miss was terrible to see at the time but that was further to our bad luck at the weekend and the way last night's match (looked like it) was turning out. In fairness, looking back you can see that he was reaching slightly right for the rebound and his weight had allready moved in front of the ball. It was inevitable he was going to send the ball high and right. On another day he would have scored. Those chances are 50/50 at the best of times.
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carnstien
    Guys it was against the Faroe Islands, you would expect him to be "impressive".
    You's expect them all to be impressive against the Faroes, but they weren't.
    IMO Elliot is the only one that impressed.
    Morrison for the record, was sh!te against the Faroes
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    You's expect them all to be impressive against the Faroes, but they weren't.
    IMO Elliot is the only one that impressed.
    That's a little unfair on Clinton, one offside goal that was a dodgy decision, one snapshot the keeper did well to get down to stop on the line, and got caught offside a lot. He was probably shattered after the weekend's game. Doc didn't do much more than him when he came on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Aye, lets not go overboard on the praise for Elliott. He had an excellent 45 minutes but he's not gonna start against France.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Who is been over board here. I thoght it was an impressive debut and his attitude stood out above the other players IMO. He wont start against the French of course unless Robbie is injured but the point is now that Kerr should not be reluctant to throw him in instead of Robbie rather than go for Duff upfront. Elliot is a better striker and forward than Duff is.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    I didn't see the game last night but we all know Morrisson is a one trick pony. Sometimes he does that trick very well.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    Who is been over board here. I thoght it was an impressive debut and his attitude stood out above the other players IMO. He wont start against the French of course unless Robbie is injured but the point is now that Kerr should not be reluctant to throw him in instead of Robbie rather than go for Duff upfront. Elliot is a better striker and forward than Duff is.
    This is absolutely spot on.
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    Someone above said we should bring him in place of Morrison. Anyway, I've seen Elliott play 6 or 7 times now and knew what he was like. I was about to come down here at half time and say that performance is the reason Kerr didn't put him on on Saturday (he hadn't started a game in 2 and a half months because of bad form). He was woeful in the first half (it always seems harsh saying things like that about someone on their first comp. start but its true). He rarely passed it to an Irish jersey. A lot of people wouldn't have noticed this as we were all concentrating on someone scoring but my brother was roaring his head off at him and Morrison. Actually, my brother wanted him off the pitch at half time.

He certainly made up for it in the second half though and deserves a lot of credit for coming back from that first half and deserved MOM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I thought he was decent in the first half, He played a nice ball through to Morrison in the first half but Morrison was offside. I thought he had a few nice touches and he movement and effort were excellent. I have seen him a good few times too both in the flesh and on tv. I think he has potential but I dont think him and robbie would work together at all. Our team lacks physical presence as it is and Robbie and Elliot upfront would be dominated in the air by most international teams. Hopefully Morrisson will have got 1st team football in August and by the time of the French game he will have confidence as he has been good so far in the early parts of this group. He was woeful last night but so were lots of players. But 3 points is 3 points. I think the reason people are concentrating on Elliot is due to the fact the rest of the teanm were so bad. He was the one bright spark.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,700 Posts
    Was poor form the reason Mick dropped / rested Elliott? I thought that given the importance of some of the games in the closing stgaes of the season, and after they had a bit of a wobble, I thought he just opted for the experience of Deane, Stewart etc.

Elliott actually came off the bench to instant effect against Ipswich away. A long ball to Deane was spotted immediately by Elliott who ran 20 yards to get to where exactly the ball dropped. It looked like a simple tap-in but he read the situation brillianly.

His goal at West ham was quality & he had a great effort well saved before that.

I agree he struggled to make any impact in first 45 minutes last night but the circumstances were entirely different. We really struggled to retain any meaningful possession & he was feeding off scraps at best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Where are all those guys who said Elliot should not have come on, on Saturday ?

I know its only the Faroes, but he would have done better than Duff against Israel.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah..Elliot did play better in the second half and deserved his MOTM performance simply for getting the ball rolling with his determination and will to win, but if any other of the more established players played anywhere near their potential i don't think he would have earned that tag.He is a great find and with a few runs in the premiership assuming he plays fairly regulary should be even a better situation for us.I also think we are being a little harsh on Morrison,he is no Henry but he does run his socks off and has scored a few important ones for us in this campaign.He was also Knackered like every other player there yesterday so i would continue with Clinton with Elliot waiting on the line if he is Sh*te.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The big thing that stood out for me with Elliot in the second half was his Pace, he was leaving the backs for dead on several occasions and picking up balls and passes that would have over stretched most, Early days yet but as they say a truly great striker needs that yard of pace, Elliot may just have this. Did we ever have a striker with speed??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast