Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Danger here

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir
    I suspected that much of the abuse and dogma seen on this thread was created by Alan H. as a diversionary tactic to steer supporters away from the topic "hunter = muppet". Then again conspiracy theorists usually credit the alleged conspirator/s with having too much organizational efficiency and imagination.
    As an exile the very small bits and pieces of AH that I have been exposed to, do confirm your sentiments.
    If it doesn't interfere too much with your pre match preparations,
    you seem to need to get a load that is Alan H off your chest.
    Is he the spokesperson for a supporters group? Without being personal, could you explain in a few words why you think he is a gobsh..e.
    Is he self appointed? or do thousands of the green army chant "there is only one AH"? Is he more or less popular than an off form Ian Harte.
    Hunter is a spoon with a big spoon head....here is a previous thread which should anwser your questions

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=2209...ht=alan+hunter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster
    The opinions of people are based on that they read or listen to on the media. No one has come on and said that they lived in the region. I'm sure our friends from Israel or Palestine could come on board on this site and post some facts on the situation.
    Personally, I take a neutral stance on the conflict. As far as I am concerned, regardless of the background, both sides are as bad as each other, and who have until recently, committed many appalling atrocities to each other on a routine basis.

From an Irish point of view, which Israelis have to understand, the majority of people in Ireland would be supportive of the Palestinian cause because of our colonial history, and are prepared to overlook the atrocities carried out by Palestinian activists, as they see the Israelis as illegal oppressors of Palestinian land, which is true, to a large extent. However, most people in Israel are warm, courteous, and friendly people, who are actually supportive of the idea of a Palestinian state, and the situation there has stabilized to an extent in the last year, with withdrawal of Israeli forces from some Palestinian areas, and the ceasing of activities by Palestinian militants. It isn't a perfect solution by any means, but it appears that there is some basis for a peace settlement there at the moment, however fragile it may be.

It is regrettable that there were some Irish people, who used a sporting occasion to insult Israeli football supporters, over issues that they have no control over, or involvement in personally. We would like to remind them, that in reality, the actions of the fans were of a political nature, and were not intended to offend Israelis personally. We apologise if Israeli fans were personally offended by the actions of a certain number of Irish football supporters at the game, and we hope that, away from the game, they enjoyed their time in our country.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From an israeli point of view, the wall (call it however you'd like to - I don't feel like getting into arguements about an issue as stupid as the name of that structure), makes me feel secure and relaxed. Before it was built, i literally didn't go to any crowded places, due to the high risk of encoutering a suicide bomber, and the entire country seemed depressed - Even football wasn't played over here. However, since it was built, there are basically no terrorist attacks over here, int. football games are back in town, and i can hang out wherever i want to. There is no doubt that the wall is the only explanation to the fact that these attacks are no longer an issue us israelis have to cope with daily. The wall has saved the lives of hundreds of israelis.
    (Yep, the palestinian attacks are, were and will always be directed at the civilians, while the israeli attacks are always directed at terrorists.

Now, what's so bad about that wall?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onenilgameover
    Hunter is a spoon with a big spoon head....here is a previous thread which should anwser your questions

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=2209...ht=alan+hunter
    Thanks for that, excellant stuff should be required for all newcomers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234