The one metal singer every mainstream music fan will know, even if they never heard a Sabbath song... What is your opinion on the man and his work ? Media-whore with no talent, or a great performer ?

Personally I do like the guy. Think he has an air of coolness and breathes rock-n-roll like hardly anyone else does but maybe Lemmy Kilimister... And let's face it, the guy is a legend. I don't like his solo work very much (bit too commercial for me) but what Black Sabbath did was historical and the band did for metal music what The Beatles did for mainstream music. Songs such as "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" or "Children of the grave" are still amongst the best metal songs the planet has known, despite being more or less dated by now... The chemistry between Iommi's riffs and the unique echoing voice of Ozzy was the true start of metal, and without him we would probably never have known the likes of Rob Halford, Marilyn Manson, Metallica, Iron Maiden, ...

I do regret his reality soap thing though. Think it cost him bit of credibility in the alternative music scene while Sabbath gigs will now be frequented by MTV-swallowing teenagers who don't even know what Black Sabbath is really about. Luckily Ozzy regrets the soap meanwhile and decided to quit it, I'm afraid though damage has been done already

Great site for all Sabbath fans out there: www.black-sabbath.com