15 50.00%
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    Added the booster data to the daily vaccination tweets
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    900 Posts
    Feeling better, Tets?

I got my booster yesterday morning. No side effects, touch wood. Proof of how busy Citywest was... the nurse burst out laughing during the screening questions before saying 'I'm sorry. We're so flat out I was going to ask you next if you're pregnant.' I told her as a male in my forties I wasn't, but it is the season for miracle births so who knows...
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    yeah, thanks. At this stage it's like the tail end of a cold I can't shake off. Still in isolation, and will be until Christmas Eve.

Among other restrictions, I can't get my booster for four weeks after my symptoms have passed, and I can't get another PCR test through the HSE for nine months!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Among other restrictions, I can't get my booster for four weeks after my symptoms have passed
    Is this definite? Personally, I hope you're correct, but anywhere I check HSE seem to be sticking with six months after symptoms have passed before being eligible for the booster. If they've changed to four weeks, I'm good to get it. I noticed that UK has only 28 days after symptoms before eligibility for booster kicks in, so hopefully we're gone the same way.
    They say what about the meek?
    I say they’ve got a bloody cheek

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Got absolutely nuked by my booster. Spent the last 36 hours sweating, shivering, and aching. Seems to be on the mend now, but I've lost out on crucial pre-Xmas cheese-eating time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    This is the link with information on getting the vaccine after testing positive, I might have misread it
    https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid...sitive-result/
    if you have COVID-19, do not go to a vaccine appointment if you have one scheduled. Wait until it has been 4 weeks since you tested positive. Phone HSELive on 1800 700 700 to get a new appointment date."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    This is the link with information on getting the vaccine after testing positive, I might have misread it
    https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid...sitive-result/
    Seems to be contradictory advice here -

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-va...-booster-dose/

'If you had COVID-19 since you were vaccinated, you should get your booster dose at least 6 months after your positive test result.'

I wonder is the booster treated differently to the 1st/2nd doses?
    They say what about the meek?
    I say they’ve got a bloody cheek

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Hope the recovery goes well for you Tets.

Took COVID myself this month and had an awful dose of it. First few days were a total write-off for me and I've little memory of them. Started out feeling like a headcold, took an antigen test which returned positive, booked a PCR the next morning, and that evening had a positive result. Started isolating the day before, to be safe. Thankfully the better half and the kids both avoided it.
    Lost sense of smell, lost all energy, had awful aches and pains, struggled to sleep at all at night for those first few days, and the chest was utterly destroyed. Came out of the worst of it around day four, started to slowly improve, although the aches and pains and cramps remained. Even having a shower drained the energy out of me. The ten day isolation was just horrible.

Came out the other side of it thankfully, but it's 8 days since I finished my ten day isolation period, and still don't have full sense of smell back, still suffering a bit of fatigue and lung capacity is not where it was at all. Improving day by day, but like you said Tets, left wondering what I would have been like were it not for the vaccinations.

My partner got her booster shot yesterday, I'm of the understanding I've to wait six months for mine now too. We're due to go to a wedding at the end of the month, bride and groom have asked that everyone take three antigen tests in the week leading up to it and another on the day of the wedding, and insisting on covid certs being shown on entry to ceremony and reception. They've also got four large HEPA filters, so they've really taken as many precautions as they possibly could.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    Sorry to hear that Nigel, sounds you had a much worse dose than me. I was in the horrors for about a day and a half, raging temperature, headache, frequent trips to the bathroom, and a complete loss of appetite, but I never lost my sense of taste or smell. It's a week now since I first started showing symptoms on Monday night, and I'm more or less over it, but I'm still in isolation until Friday morning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    One year in vaccinations, in graph form

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Partner has tested positive, stands to reason I'm next, so won't be heading down to Limerick for my first Treaty game after all, pitch or no pitch! Instead it will be parade on the TV, the Formula 1 on the weekend, and antigen tests.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    It's in my house again too, unfortunately. Missed a trip to Sligo on Monday night. Doesn't help to be on crutches currently with torn ligaments in the ankle, but the young lad having covid put an end to any chance of that trip, and likely a trip to Tolka on Friday too.
    Seems fairly rampant again in the community. Numbers soaring again.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Partner has tested positive, stands to reason I'm next, so won't be heading down to Limerick for my first Treaty game after all, pitch or no pitch! Instead it will be parade on the TV, the Formula 1 on the weekend, and antigen tests.
    I've been ill since Wednesday evening, but testing negative up until around 20 minutes ago. I'm fine, feel I'm already over the worst of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Kids school is littered with it. Went to see Dara O'Briain in the Opera House last week with two friends, one of them tested positive over the weekend despite all three of us doing our level best to keep our distance from people.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Dodged the lurgy for over 2 years,went to a wedding in Dublin about 3 weeks ago,about 80-90 aprox out of 100 at the wedding caught it (including me and my extended family who were all covid free for the 2 years as well)

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Still dodging it for now although a few close calls recently. Niece tested positive the day after wife was a close contact, despite living with four other people, and her grandparents and my wife visiting the day before, none of the close contacts got it. It wasn't a false positive either, because she tested positive a number of times after. She got a pretty bad dose and missed her confirmation. Seems to be at the level of bad cold/average flu for most now, with a lot a fatigue being the main symptom. It seems to be completely rampant in the community at the moment. I got my 4th vaccine dose a while back because I'm still considered immunocompromised, hoping to be able to look back in years to come and say I dodged the virus during the great pandemic!

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    It’s everywhere at the moment. And considering that this is a mild strain then hopefully everyone will develop natural immunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    during my own isolation, I tried to come up with a lockdown anthem
    Eventually settled on this underrated 90's classic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    It’s everywhere at the moment. And considering that this is a mild strain then hopefully everyone will develop natural immunity.
    Still can't quite believe over two years into this and thousands of people being infected numerous times that natural immunity is even a thing.

Six of us in this house, 4 have it now - 1 had it in Jan, so just myself left standing. I've convinced myself now that I'm so ugly that I can't even get COVID!

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Still can't quite believe over two years into this and thousands of people being infected numerous times that natural immunity is even a thing.

Six of us in this house, 4 have it now - 1 had it in Jan, so just myself left standing. I've convinced myself now that I'm so ugly that I can't even get COVID!
    I have good news for you (and myself) RAM. It's actually the opposite.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...immune-systems

22. Thanks From:

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast