Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 - LOI Ramifications

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    For all the good Sligo normally do for the community its time them and Waterford were just ****ed out of the league. Two of them putting self interest ahead of the whole league. The Pats owner can **** off for just taking the **** too. This league is used to petty **** but a football club trying to use a global crisis to help themselves at the detriment of the majority of other clubs is a pathetic new low
    Reducing the league to 7 teams is an interesting idea. It might even allow for the another 3 series of matches to be played

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    But of course Noel Byrne is the great fella for his self-serving actions for Shamrock Rovers and Shamrock Rovers only, abusing the position he was elected to to represent the view of the majority of Premier clubs. Yeah.
    I wonder will Noel Byrne / Shamrock Rovers be nominate as representatives of the PD again?

Me thinks not

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Reducing the league to 7 teams is an interesting idea. It might even allow for the another 3 series of matches to be played
    I know you struggle with this but I very specifically said Sligo and Waterford as a whole and Pats owner as an individual

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Keep telling yourself that! You might someday manage to convince at least yourself that it's true
    At least the Rovers players will soon be back to full pay, having had a 25% pay cut imposed on them by the Rovers board, even when your club had the resources to pay them fully. That'll be nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    I wonder will Noel Byrne / Shamrock Rovers be nominate as representatives of the PD again?

Me thinks not
    They're looking for a way to get rid of him immediately, if possible.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Oh I hope to god fans are allowed in for when the bitters and Waterford come to play in Tallaght

"You'll do what we say you'll do what we sayyyy, we're Shamrock Rovers, you'll do what we say"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    And just so I'm gett this right these clubs couldn't afford to pay players and keep asking the FAI to increase the money they're giving clubs to help them with returning behind closed door but they can afford lawyers to threaten to go to court. How does that work?

8. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Yes - but I said that no reasonable argument has yet been put forward. Voting in your own self-interest doesn't constitute a reasonable argument.
    I am not privy to the discussions before the vote, but was it in Dundalk's self interest to vote for the 1 up 1 down?
    Perhaps they voted for it with good reason after the decision had already been accepted to severely compromise the league schedule format.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    It was clearly in lots of clubs' self-interest to vote for it.

Did Dundalk have a good reason? Maybe. But as I said - "No reasonable argument has yet been put forward" I think that's still a valid comment. Because no reasonable argument has yet been put forward.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    It's actually amazing how the exact same Premier division fans who were having a go at Rovers a couple months ago for entering a team in the first division claiming it showed they didn't care about the first division clubs are now having a go at Rovers for voting on something that won't affect them in the slightest but helps those same clubs that apparently Rovers don't care about.

And I bet they'll still claim they aren't just annoyed because it was Rovers. The obsession is real.

Oh and on the "Rovers want competitive games for their first division team" Rovers have openly said they'd prefer a reserve league so competitive games are hardly a factor because that's not exactly likely to be any more competitive now is it.
    Last edited by RathfarnhamHoop; 01/07/2020 at 3:47 PM.

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    I am not privy to the discussions before the vote, but was it in Dundalk's self interest to vote for the 1 up 1 down?
    Perhaps they voted for it with good reason after the decision had already been accepted to severely compromise the league schedule format.
    Cant see a good reason but they do play Waterford and Sligo at the end of the second series. It would be helpful if one of those clubs was already down and one wasn't fighting to avoid the playoff.

Their first move was an attempt to wipe rovers lead off the board by claiming the first games should be erased if relegation wasnt part of the plan. The sensible take being that no relegation would result in clubs at the bottom having no incentive to win games so its odd that they now prefer an option that could have a similar, if not as extreme result. Maybe they thought they'd gone in too hard on the bottom clubs by making relegation essential and then decided to agree to the softest relegation possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I know you struggle with this but I very specifically said Sligo and Waterford as a whole and Pats owner as an individual
    Managing a whole post without any expletives (and only 1 barb) is unusual for you

You want to "**** off" the owner of St Pats who bankrolls the club, but also keep them in the reduced 8 team league - brilliant

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    I see Sligo the big arrogant f**kers have a gofund me on the go now aswell,state of them trying to survive and expecting help in a global pandemic!
    That David Roe their treasurer must be getting appearance money from OTB hes always on it!
    I thought they were one of the better run clubs?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    On a different note I saw a good tweet from Dodge (ex foot.ie) last night. Its the first time since the 62-63 season since there was an 18 game season. The reason was there was only ten teams in it!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Sligo Rovers fundraiser hits 30k in less than 24 hours. The local community steps up to back them again.

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Sligo Rovers fundraiser hits 30k in less than 24 hours. The local community steps up to back them again.
    And the sligo treasurer continues to laugh up his sleeve. His teams UK imports can get paid now-the same lads who have them on the bottom of the league.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Managing a whole post without any expletives (and only 1 barb) is unusual for you

You want to "**** off" the owner of St Pats who bankrolls the club, but also keep them in the reduced 8 team league - brilliant
    What is it with the Dale Farm? Here they are after rigging the league for themselves and the bitterness is more bilious than eva.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Oh yeah I forgot it was impossible for football clubs to change ownership...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    That David Roe their treasurer must be getting appearance money from OTB hes always on it!
    I thought they were one of the better run clubs?
    Off The Ball sponsor us

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Great to see the community backing their club , sligo always was a great football town.

25. Thanks From:

Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast