Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: FAI troubles

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Clowns like Stuttgart 88 got drink from Delaney on Irish international games and that made him the man and wouldn't hear a word against him.

Irish football is clearly in a great place going into 2020. I await the press release in the new year from all these wise ones like Stuttgart88 to announce they have taken a place on the board of the FAI and will start the process of bringing Irish football into the modern century

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    It appears I've given more credit than was due. Thankfully it seems the recipient can either accept his ignorance or claim ignorance...both work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    Ah lads there are none as blind as none that cannot see. LOI fans new few years Delaney was full of crap. The rest of of you no marks were only interested in the performances of the senior international team. Keep waffling on how you care about Irish football you clowns.

To the few LOI fans who still post on this MB amongst the idiotic mongs happy new year and bring on 2020 season
    You know there is a league of Ireland section on the board, where league of Ireland fans discuss league of Ireland issues.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    <MOD EDIT - quoted post removed>

General consensus here correct and well said but can you back up Stuttgart 88 defending Delaney or saying he was doing a good job? A quote or two would be nice to prove what you are saying because I do remember him saying he was very cunning and astute or words to that effect to still be in power but I don't particularly remember him defending him.
    And don't quote ybig. Those lads loved Delaney until their noses were disjointed by the Scotland thing. It had absolutely nothing to do with how he ran the FAI. They thought they should have been put on a pedestal with some special VIP treatment. I go to the games unlike those on here and I know all those ybig lads that go to the games.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 25/12/2019 at 11:43 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    <MOD EDIT - quote of unacceptable language removed>

Another deeply disingenuous post really.

I never took a drink from Delaney in my life.

"I don't particularly remember (Stuttgart88) defending him". Damned with faint praise. You know full well I didn't defend him and you also know full well I was highly critical of him and unlike anyone here or on YBIG I actually backed this up by writing to the competent authorities in government, as far back as 2014. I also practically stalked Big John O'Mahoney on twitter asking him to stop ignoring the obvious failings if the FAI. So yeah you'd be right for not particularly remembering me defending him.

"I go to the games unlike those on here". Who in particular? Tedious beyond belief.

You're right about YBIG and the Scotland tickets.

To save anyone the trouble of digging up my thoughts on Delaney and the FAI over the last 15 years to the best of my knowledge I have consistently criticised the FAI's workings. That said I didn't just condemn everything the FAI did. I generally think Dokter is doing a decent job. I think the Emerging Talent Programme is a necessary but insufficient improvement. I think the transfer of power to the LOI clubs and away from the schoolboy clubs is a good thing.

I don't think I was ever convinced by the Aviva arrangement and I wished we had something like eircom Park, a smaller purpose-built home to call our own. I partially defend the Vantage Club fiasco because the world's biggest sports agency IMG devised the strategy. When Charlie D and people like Dan McD in the Indo revealed details of the prices I changed my mind. The people I know in the FAI ticket office are brilliant.

The closest I can remember to defending Delaney was over his drinking in Sopot. I thought the reaction was a bit OTT. He was already an embarrassment, being a drunk embarrassment didn't change much. But I was very critical of him being filmed singing rebel songs in a pub in Bath Avenue, not least because we were due to play NI and Scotland soon and anything even remotely associated with sectarian politics was tone deaf to say the least. I thought Delaney's reaction to his dolly bird being abused on social media was Stalinist, as was the statement from his FAI cronies at the time.

So there you go.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 25/12/2019 at 11:44 PM.

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    FAI owe Garda 360k: https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020...ng-operations/

Pointedly stated that GAA and IRFU always pay up.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    As Stutts probably did on the football pitch, he has deftly kicked innuendo into row Z.

A large portion of FAI shennanigans were concealed under the cloak of non-disclosure, also actual accountancy deceptions such as the recording of €6.5m as income instead of a loan to be repaid, difficult to detect unless one had accces to and could decipher the terms of contract.

To top all that, the bluffers repeatedly believed their own bluff ,that under the lurking shadow of the grim reaper, the delusional FAI gave the temporary new manager a 2 year contract - €1.2m p/a, with 8 competitives games upcoming in the first year, probably 2 in the 2nd year. That's a stupenduos annual salary for an occasional manager. Compare that with full time epl managers annual salary in 2018, Eddie Howe €590k, Chris Hughton €620k, Sean Dyche €700k.
    'tis no wonder that even the overlords (Fine Gael) of the new children's hospital were gobsmaked by the extent of the financial mismangement and improper accounting practices of the FAI.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Claiming non disclosure is a mickey mouse defence. While LOI clubs were consistently late receiving their prize money Delaney was buying beer for Irish fans.

Even now it took LOI fans on Twitter to shame Shane Ross into meeting with LOI players when he so casually claimed LOI would go if LOI went.

Irish football owes a debt to LOI clubs and their fans. How many players in the current squad have come from LOI rather then claiming allegiance through some forgotten granny or grandad.

Alas LOI will be forgotten again by the average gombeen Irish fan come the summer when the Euros come to Dublin.

The only way real change will come is if Ireland don't qualify for the Euros. If they somehow qualify it will be all aboard the bandwagon and all the mismanagement will be ignored.

Only if Ireland fail to qualify and the average Irish fan is denied his/her **** up watching the international team might there be a demand for change

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Claiming non disclosure is a mickey mouse defence. While LOI clubs were consistently late receiving their prize money Delaney was buying beer for Irish fans.
    Who's claiming a defence? a defence to what? Your post is clueless innacurate bull.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    As Stutts probably did on the football pitch, he has deftly kicked innuendo into row Z.

A large portion of FAI shennanigans were concealed under the cloak of non-disclosure, also actual accountancy deceptions such as the recording of €6.5m as income instead of a loan to be repaid, difficult to detect unless one had accces to and could decipher the terms of contract.

To top all that, the bluffers repeatedly believed their own bluff ,that under the lurking shadow of the grim reaper, the delusional FAI gave the temporary new manager a 2 year contract - €1.2m p/a, with 8 competitives games upcoming in the first year, probably 2 in the 2nd year. That's a stupenduos annual salary for an occasional manager. Compare that with full time epl managers annual salary in 2018, Eddie Howe €590k, Chris Hughton €620k, Sean Dyche €700k.
    'tis no wonder that even the overlords (Fine Gael) of the new children's hospital were gobsmaked by the extent of the financial mismangement and improper accounting practices of the FAI.
    Comparison with international managers is interesting too, and McCarthy's €1.2 million puts him above 19 of the managers at 2018 world cup.

Managers of Eurpoean teams such as Belgium, Switzerland, Iceland, Croatia, Sweden, Serbia and Poland were all earning less.

Ridiculous money really in comparison to what our idea of football 'success' is.

I guess it went up dramatically (with assistance from DOB) to get Trap in and has stayed comparatively high ever since.

I expect it will be seriously slashed if and when Kenny takes over.
    Last edited by osarusan; 05/01/2020 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    All very Celtic Tiger thinking, in the reckless spending and waste of money.

Would Kenny's contract terms not already have been set? Of course maybe the money isn't there to pay him anymore.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,253 Posts
    Another question then is if Kenny is on a (reduced) senior contract while manager of the 21s...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Only if Ireland fail to qualify and the average Irish fan is denied his/her **** up watching the international team might there be a demand for change
    That's right. Nobody thinks any change is needed as of today.

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts

Who is on the Council currently and is there anybody that can be trusted to get on with the reforms needed needed if elected president?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I think now is a good time to rearrange the way the LoI and International teams get their support. Make it a condition that no home supporters get entry to the Aviva for Irish games unless they have attended a league of Ireland match in the last 4 months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,327 Posts
    Why stop there? Why not an away game in the last four months?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufil View Post
    I think now is a good time to rearrange the way the LoI and International teams get their support. Make it a condition that no home supporters get entry to the Aviva for Irish games unless they have attended a league of Ireland match in the last 4 months.
    The FAI needs to increase revenue, not decrease it.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    484 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufil View Post
    Are you on coke? Cheers though needed a laugh today

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,253 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    The FAI needs to increase revenue, not decrease it.
    It probably needs to decrease its expenditure more to be honest - look at issues like the national team manager's salary and the seemingly excessive number of coaches being employed around the country.

But yeah, if nothing else at all, if you start forcing people to go to LoI games, or using a stick to "encourage" them to go, that'll only lead to a backlash sentiment tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Incredible!! The replies to my suggestion just display the small mindedness that is the bane of this country. Without the LoI there is no National team. Honour the locals first or you have no business being at an Irish International match.

How is this any different to people being given first pick of tickets at Euros or World Cups because they had proof of going to games in the Aviva? Exact same principle.

I liken the FAI to the Civil Service in this country. They are meant to act on your behalf and be glad they have jobs not act as if they own the money and we are the dirt beneath their feet.

<MODEDIT>
    Don't try to get around the obscenity filter
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 07/01/2020 at 12:40 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast