Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Paul McGrath Interview

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Paul McGrath Interview

I Dont know if this has been brought up in a different area of the forum but did anyone see the news last night (Thursday 12/05/05) about the Man Utd/Glazier row. They had an interview with Paul McGrath on it and he was bullocksed drunk. I missed it myself but people were telling me it was so mean but funny. The presenter/interviewer supposedly just kept asking him questions and he didnt make any sense in his replies cause he was hammered.
    "it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GK for the Town
    I Dont know if this has been brought up in a different area of the forum but did anyone see the news last night (Thursday 12/05/05) about the Man Utd/Glazier row. They had an interview with Paul McGrath on it and he was bullocksed drunk. I missed it myself but people were telling me it was so mean but funny. The presenter/interviewer supposedly just kept asking him questions and he didnt make any sense in his replies cause he was hammered.
    He wasnt hammered ..... i saw it myself ... there is no way he was hammered. He aint a great speaker to be fairness, and his arguments aint the most reasoned ...... but thats just him. To say he was drunk is .... well its lying !! ... complete and utter búll**1*
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They are talking about it on the Ireland forum. Everyone seems to be saying the same as A Face, that he wasnt drunk. I didnt see so i cant comment. but i think the man is a legend. Met him and found him charming (and sober even though we were in a pub)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    He wasnt hammered ..... i saw it myself ... there is no way he was hammered. He aint a great speaker to be fairness, and his arguments aint the most reasoned ...... but thats just him. To say he was drunk is .... well its lying !! ... complete and utter búll**1*
    As i say, i didnt see it, it was what i heard. Didnt know if it was true or not, but obviously it isnt then.
    "it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Didn't see it myself. The poor guy will never win, he isn't a public speaker, never wanted to be, but because of his ability with is feet and his quiet and astute reading of the game on the field he'll always be wheeled out, like it or not, at all of these things. And anyone who I've ever talked to has told me that RTE absolutely ply their guests with drink before going on - tough for a reforming alcoholic.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A